epic

MIsharona

Lots and lots of people sail Epic everyday. Some like it some don’t. We liked it and had a lot of fun.  The odd bathroom setup didn’t bother us.  Be more specific about what you’d like to know about Epic to get better feedback.

• Like 2

That's a very wide open question. I can assure you that if people didn't like her, the cruise itins would not fill so often. I haven't been on her for a few years but I've booked a TA on for next April.  

If you're looking for specific information, I'd suggest you mention what it is you're looking for. 

IMO, she's very fine ship. 

• Like 2

I am curiouse as well. We are scheduled to sail on the Escape in january, but before final payment we can sail the Epic in the Deluxe Owners Suite for the same price as the 2 bedroom on the Escape. And i have heard the Epic has the best Haven complex

We have sailed on both the Epic and Escape and both were good experiences. 

My only issue (as stated above) is the bathroom setup on the Epic which is very odd with a sink next to your sofa/bed and just a curtain to close off the bath/shower.  Epic has Ice Bar (additional fee) that is fun to experience, and first ship we were on with an escalator.

Escape was lovely with a waterfront on deck 8 for lounging in more patio style seating and the drinks flow freely between the bars on each end.  Drafthouse was great with lots of selections.

If I had to pick one over the other, probably would go with the Escape, but either one would be fine just to be able to sail 🙂

@MIsharona That's a very, very open-ended question asked.  We spend 15 nights on her not too long ago and did a full live pictorial review, yes to Q1.  As with each and every ship, other ships, there are always good things about her, very good things, average, hard & soft products that "meet" standards, and as one can expect, below and did not align with one's expectations and/or promises.  Overall speaking, IMHO only, personally speaking - 3 of us that sailed would consider ours good ... considering prices paid, onboard experience and shore trips taken (mostly independently, that we planned) - and - it did not fail.  Good to Q2.  

Ours was an eastbound TA and weather was nearly perfect, we missed one port (Cadiz) en route due to maritime weather - blame that on mother nature - ended up with a daytime passage thru the Gibraltor instead of a late night one after leaving the planned stop.  Without an observation lounge, La Cucina was available in addition to the forward facing Garden Cafe for wonderful indoor viewing ... and, not many knew, it's one of the few NCL ships with a bridge viewing room (like the GEM) that's open on sea days.  

@mking8288 did a VERY thorough and extensive trip report of his TA a while back. I suggest you find it and read it. We found it very informative, So informative, that we had booked the Epic back then, but have since canceled and booked the Escape for a similar cruise. Not necessarily because of anything negative in the trip report, more because we are going with another couple who have never cruised before, and we didn't want their first experience to be on the Epic. We have been on the Escape previously and felt that would be a better fit...plus the itinerary suited all of us better.

Edited by schmoopie17

1 hour ago, MIsharona said:

has anyone been on this ship?  any good?

Yes, transatlantic cruise last December, and we loved it. I even loved the layout of the cabin, we had more storage space than we knew what to do with.

Sailed the Epic 10 years ago.  Have been itching to sail her, again.  So, finally booked her this upcoming October.

This is a balcony room layout.  Toilet is in one small room.  Shower is in another small room.  And, the sink is out in the bedroom area.  Personally, I found it very convenient and do not understand any of the pushback.  One person can be showering while the other can be using the toilet or the sink, etc.  It just works.

Epic is a big ship.  It even has an escalator.  There is a LOT to do on board.

881x400-Epic-Club-Balcony-Suite-floorplan_11022022_3.jpg.webp

• Like 1

3 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

That's a very wide open question. I can assure you that if people didn't like her, the cruise itins would not fill so often. I haven't been on her for a few years but I've booked a TA on for next April.  

If you're looking for specific information, I'd suggest you mention what it is you're looking for. 

IMO, she's very fine ship. 

I am looking at that same TA in April next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

This is a balcony room layout.  Toilet is in one small room.  Shower is in another small room.  And, the sink is out in the bedroom area.  Personally, I found it very convenient and do not understand any of the pushback.  One person can be showering while the other can be using the toilet or the sink, etc.  It just works.

Same here! I really liked this setup, especially having the sink near the bed, so when my wife was using the toilet or shower, I didn't have to wait for her. I kind of miss this...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Sailed the Epic 10 years ago.  Have been itching to sail her, again.  So, finally booked her this upcoming October.

Epic is a big ship.  It even has an escalator.  There is a LOT to do on board.

881x400-Epic-Club-Balcony-Suite-floorplan_11022022_3.jpg.webp

I really dont like when there isnt a sink in with the toilet. This is the arrangement with many hotels also. 

2 minutes ago, MIsharona said:

I just hope it doesn't stink... the smoke stacks on the dawn about killed me coming into port in Tampa soot ect. ick 

No stink when we were on board. No signs of soot, either, but TBH, that could happen on any ship.