The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday August 27th, 2023

richwmn

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Thank you American airlines!

They restored our 8th row seats and apologized for missing the assistant request. They waived the $65 pp seat assignment since we were originally booked in those seats. We noted there is a new luggage cost of $30 per bag. However we have a luggage forward so not concerned about it. 

Our preferred airline prior to moving to Texas was Delta, but they use Atlanta as a stopover. American uses Dallas.

Joy, that is good news.  I'm glad they realized it was their mistake and corrected it without charging you the fee.  We just had a thunderstorm come through here that dropped our temperature about 10+ degrees.  I don't know how much rain we got since the rain gauge still shows the water from the sprinkler last night.  I just checked the radar, and it's shows now that we have more rain on the way, and it's heading your way.  It may or may not get there about 8 pm.  With Texas weather you never know.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

We have just got home after 4 fantastic nights in the English Lake District.

IMG-20230827-WA0001.jpg

IMG_20230827_123215.jpg

IMG_20230825_134659.jpg

IMG_20230827_123225.jpg

IMG_20230823_145713.jpg

IMG_20230825_144618.jpg

IMG_20230823_145720.jpg

IMG-20230825-WA0004.jpg

Graham, thanks for your pictures of your lovely holiday.  I could tell from your pictures that you were not at home, but not on a ship.

1 hour ago, dobiemom said:

Sounds like sleep eluded a lot of Dailyites last night. 😟 

I’m back and feel good. Got a few hours sleep, took a shower, got coffee, and watched church online. It’s supposed to be over 100°F today so I’m not planning on going anywhere. 

Thank you all for caring and sharing.  Prayers for everyone who needs them.  Cheers for all the celebrations. Stay safe and healthy everyone. 

Marcia, I'm glad you got some more sleep and are more rested.

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Late post from me today.  Went to Mass this morning, then cemetery, and to a local farm stand!  Even though I have meals provided where I live, I just love eating local produce.  Had an ear of corn and some tomato for my lunch!  Evening meal will be leftover from eating out last night!  

Wish I could have shared my unplanned afternoon nap of over 2 hours with those who didn't sleep well last night!  But then, I will probably be the one tomorrow who says they didn't sleep well tonight!

When I got up this morning, it was raining.  In the last 1+ week we have had some mild rainstorms, and are now ahead again on the average annual amount of precipation.  Every little bit helps.  Funny that we like our small amounts of rain when the Eastern U.S. gets tropical moisture at the same time.  Here's hoping that Franklin and Idalia are non-threatening to the Daily family!

Thanks to all who make this such a special place.  It seems that kind words are just such a special part of everyone's posts on the FR&D!  Hope that everyone has a good rest of the day (and that everyone sleeps well tonight)!

Mary Kay

• Like 14

9 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good Sunday morning Dailyites. 

A sleepless night. Yawn....

Please say a prayer for Denise and David. @DeeniEncinitas

A brush fire broke out in Kaanapali and people were told to evacuate. This time cell phones and sirens were blaring. Sounds like ths fire department was on it pretty quick.

Prayers lifted to all on our prayer list. Sure would like to hear some good news on our care list.

I would love the meal, not the drink (pineapple) , no on the wine. Many thanks to out food and beverage ladies,  Vanessa, and Graham thanks for Father's message.

Thank you everyone for posting the pictures. Beautiful. 

I have been reading about the Panama Canal reduction over the next 10 months. I wonder where we would go in Dec if P.C. gets canceled? It's smack in the middle of our B2B2B2 so cancellation of that particular segment would cause a problem. Anyone heard news?

image.png.9b2fbb83efe6eea99d3ae7ee39f9676c.png

image.png.4f69bd0a1ea214977c88e225d026f940.png

Sending you love and blessings on this beautiful day. God bless!

🌺Mahalo Sis,

We are fine. The fire broke out across from Kaanapali Golf Course up in the Anapuni Loop across Highway 30 up in a development area and homes. Not near us at all. We did receive a text and heard sirens. Since we are on the other side of Black Rock we were in no danger. I will include a map. Again very rare am I on CC right now. Doing too much to help the cause and we do have things coming to normal in Kaanapali!! Keep (Ohana Family)

of Maui in prayers. 

I  will not be responding to CC while I am here I just wanted the one’s concerned to know all is fine for us but just heartbreaking .

Denise
🌺

image.thumb.jpeg.d1db284668d520bf2bcdab94e4ebe0e1.jpeg

image.jpeg.ce458cd2d00838155ba64418c93bbe1a.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 9

6 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺Mahalo Sis,

We are fine. The fire broke out across from Kaanapali Golf Course up in the Anapuni Loop across Highway 30 up in a development area and homes. Not near us at all. We did receive a text and heard sirens. Since we are on the other side of Black Rock we were in no danger. I will include a map. Again very rare am I on CC right now. Doing too much to help the cause and we do have things coming to normal in Kaanapali!! Keep (Ohana Family)

of Maui in prayers. 

I  will not be responding to CC while I am here I just wanted the one’s concerned to know all is fine for us but just heartbreaking .

Denise
🌺

Thanks so much for posting, Denise.  I’m so grateful you are both safe.  

Maui is definitely in my prayers 🙏 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺Mahalo Sis,

of Maui in prayers. 

Denise
🌺

Thank you Lord for hearing my prayers.  Love you Denise!

• Like 11

Good evening, I hope everyone had a good day.

Just read on BBC news that P&O Britannia broke loose from her moorings earlier Sunday while docked in Palma Mallorca, during a freak storm. Some minor damage but ship is said to be structurally sound. A frightening situation for the crew and passengers. 
Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

@Cruzin Terri We are staying quite close to the Pantheon. We will arrive on Friday the 13th, and feel that both of us should sleep that day.  Have dinner and go back to bed.   Our first full day in Rome will begin with heading to the Museo Nazionale Romano in the Palazzo Altemps for their sculpture exhibit, then go one block south into the Piazza Navona, and wander through, all the while investigating churches, then further south to Museo de Roma at the Palazzo Braschi (think that's it, cant read my own writing these days)  I think we can tag on the di Vinci museum, and the Argentina ruins excavation, and the cat shelter,  and wander back to the hotel, near the Parliament building.  I know all the wandering is a bit over a mile, but it's the stopping and staring at things at museums, that get to both of us.  Pretty sure that this day will be over 8 hours of wandering.

We talked about going to an opera, but have read that we must really dress up (not with my suitcase) and knowing us, we would probably fall sound asleep in an opera. 

Day two is Mass at the Pantheon, and a wander to the Trevi Fountain.

Day four we were going to the Colosseum, because it's our last full day, and it's the only thing that DH said he wanted to do, but the Museum you mentioned does sound appealing, so we can do that on day 4 (which is a Tuesday) and then go to  the colosseum on day 3 (monday, and it is open).  Per an old book by Rick Steves, our hotel is very close to a Taxi station.

Someone here mentioned Roma Cabs to take us to the port on Wednesday, so I did book that.

I don't want to be so tired from Rome, that I don't enjoy Greece.  But I want a feel of the city.  Thank you for the suggestion.

• Like 9

Good evening.  We got some rain this afternoon, but not enough to register in the digital rain guage.  The second wave that the radar showed was headed our way, and then toward @Seasick Sailor Joy, veered southeast toward Houston.  It wasn't all bad since the temperature dropped from 105.3F to 78F. 

For the first time in more than a week, we were able to take a golf cart ride.  We saw seven deer by the fence in the field next to our  community.  There were two bucks, one doe, two yearlings and two that were small enough to be this year's fawns.

The good news is our low will be 71F, and we won't be back in triple digits until Thursday.  Itnsure beats the 100F last night at 9:30.

3 hours ago, cruzn single said:

Late post from me today.  Went to Mass this morning, then cemetery, and to a local farm stand!  Even though I have meals provided where I live, I just love eating local produce.  Had an ear of corn and some tomato for my lunch!  Evening meal will be leftover from eating out last night!  

Wish I could have shared my unplanned afternoon nap of over 2 hours with those who didn't sleep well last night!  But then, I will probably be the one tomorrow who says they didn't sleep well tonight!

When I got up this morning, it was raining.  In the last 1+ week we have had some mild rainstorms, and are now ahead again on the average annual amount of precipation.  Every little bit helps.  Funny that we like our small amounts of rain when the Eastern U.S. gets tropical moisture at the same time.  Here's hoping that Franklin and Idalia are non-threatening to the Daily family!

Thanks to all who make this such a special place.  It seems that kind words are just such a special part of everyone's posts on the FR&D!  Hope that everyone has a good rest of the day (and that everyone sleeps well tonight)!

Mary Kay

Mary Kay, it seems like your new place is agreeing with you.  I'm glad you have gotten some rain, and are now ahead of the annual average.

3 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺Mahalo Sis,

of Maui in prayers. 

Denise
🌺

Denise, thank you for taking the time to check in and update us on how you're doing.  I know everyone appreciates all you're doing to help after tge fire.

41 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good evening, I hope everyone had a good day.

Just read on BBC news that P&O Britannia broke loose from her moorings earlier Sunday while docked in Palma Mallorca, during a freak storm. Some minor damage but ship is said to be structurally sound. A frightening situation for the crew and passengers. 
Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

That must have been scary for the passengers and the crew,  glad there only minor damage.

9 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@Cruzin Terri We are staying quite close to the Pantheon. We will arrive on Friday the 13th, and feel that both of us should sleep that day.  Have dinner and go back to bed.   Our first full day in Rome will begin with heading to the Museo Nazionale Romano in the Palazzo Altemps for their sculpture exhibit, then go one block south into the Piazza Navona, and wander through, all the while investigating churches, then further south to Museo de Roma at the Palazzo Braschi (think that's it, cant read my own writing these days)  I think we can tag on the di Vinci museum, and the Argentina ruins excavation, and the cat shelter,  and wander back to the hotel, near the Parliament building.  I know all the wandering is a bit over a mile, but it's the stopping and staring at things at museums, that get to both of us.  Pretty sure that this day will be over 8 hours of wandering.

We talked about going to an opera, but have read that we must really dress up (not with my suitcase) and knowing us, we would probably fall sound asleep in an opera. 

Day four we were going to the Colosseum, because it's our last full day, and it's the only thing that DH said he wanted to do, but the Museum you mentioned does sound appealing, so we can do that on day 4 (which is a Tuesday) and then go to  the colosseum on day 3 (monday, and it is open).  Per an old book by Rick Steves, our hotel is very close to a Taxi station.

Someone here mentioned Roma Cabs to take us to the port on Wednesday, so I did book that.

I don't want to be so tired from Rome, that I don't enjoy Greece.  But I want a feel of the city.  Thank you for the suggestion.

Annie, you seem to have Rome pretty well covered.  You will be close to,the Forum when you visit Piazza Navona and the Colosseum.  If there is time, it is worth wandering through part of it.

Lenda

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

You are most welcome.  Please email me if I can be of any help.  I have been to Rome many times and know it quite well.  Even the hospital when Jim had emergency surgery there.  So do not hesitate to ask. i hope you both have a wonderful time.

Terri

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1