Now $1.50 for gelato in Windjammer

2 minutes ago, Slidell_Cruiser said:

The Nickel and Dime Show continues…..

image.thumb.png.7ea13554a8c3b595f253755e2c074db8.png

OMG!

Please say another attempt at nickel-and-diming is not happening!

We are getting to the point that $2.00 plus gratuity for a hot cookie on Celebrity and $1.50 for a gelato on RCI are becoming the norm.

😢

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

That's not the windjammer, and that's not a new charge.

So I should celebrate that I never noticed it before because I never considered paying for something so simple.

I am happy again.

I hope my lack of participation does not cause RCI's stock to collapse.

😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, vision14k said:

This is getting outa hand, but people will still pay these ridiculously high cruise prices and all the extras, so can’t blame Royal really… 

I'm sorry , but this is what I am getting tired of hearing .

YES , I can blame Royal 100% !!

Just because the current environment says yes people will pay certainly doesn't mean that all these moves are smart business decisions ! A company seemingly  lookin only at the bottomline and taking advantage of loyal consumers is certaimly deserving of MUCH blame .

JMHO

Cheers

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LobsterStalker said:

Just because the current environment says yes people will pay certainly doesn't mean that all these moves are smart business decisions ! A company seemingly  lookin only at the bottomline and taking advantage of loyal consumers is certaimly deserving of MUCH blame .

JMHO

Cheers

You have read many of my previous ideas on this subject. We are going to have to wait about two years for the backlog of long term cruise reservations to reflect these decisions.

By the time RCI notices the lack of reservations which are not occurring one and two years in advance, it will be too late to "balance" the prices and then they will finally have the supply being greater than the demand.

Shoot I remember when Soda Pop was free with my Meals, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Been carrying on my own Pop since the 90's when they started charging. That said I don't mind that some places Charge for extra's, long as it helps keep base rates down. Like Airlines, fly about 20 times a yr with most on Airlines that charge Baggage Fees. But last 20yrs had double of most my stuff half at each end my Flights so no Fees. Cruise 6-8 weeks a yr, no shore excursions, no Soda Pop(except what I carry on), no T-shirts/magnets bought and definitely no Gelato for me

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

OMG!

Please say another attempt at nickel-and-diming is not happening!

We are getting to the point that $2.00 plus gratuity for a hot cookie on Celebrity and $1.50 for a gelato on RCI are becoming the norm.

😢

Funny thing was when the Pay Restaurants started on Royal 24yrs ago the Fee to eat there was the Gratuity, even at JR's the $5 fee back then inc a Shake... didn't last long

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

JMHO

Cheers

I get it, but at the end of the day they’re a business and it’s only about making money.  They really don’t care about any of us.  When demand drops, so will the prices.  Until then, while people pay the high prices, they will remain high.  They offer a “perceived by some” superior product that people are apparently willing to pay for and that likely won’t change.

Edited by vision14k
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, mets123 said:

Many ships sell Ben and Jerry's at a far higher price. What's the difference?

RC used to sometimes serve non-Ben and Jerry's ice cream (which is what is shown in the picture, not gelato) at no extra charge.  The picture indicates that there is now a charge, at least on whatever ship that is.

Edited by time4u2go

10 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

RC used to sometimes serve non-Ben and Jerry's ice cream (which is what is shown in the picture, not gelato) at no extra charge.  The picture indicates that there is a now charge, at least on whatever ship that is.

how long ago was B&J ice cream no charge?

1 minute ago, molsonschooner said:

so you are saying that the cruise line served B&J ice cream at no charge. Is that when there was a B&J store on board

No.  I NEVER stated that B&J was no charge.  Please go back and read my post again.  Here is what I said:

"RC used to sometimes serve non-Ben and Jerry's ice cream (which is what is shown in the picture, not gelato) at no extra charge.  The picture indicates that there is now a charge, at least on whatever ship that is."

• Like 3

1 minute ago, time4u2go said:

No.  I NEVER stated that B&J was no charge.  Please go back and read my post again.  Here is what I said:

"RC used to sometimes serve non-Ben and Jerry's ice cream (which is what is shown in the picture, not gelato) at no extra charge.  The picture indicates that there is now a charge, at least on whatever ship that is."

sorry, I missed that one word.