Anytime Dining Reservations Fee?

awfw

There seems to be some controversy about a $10 pp charge for MDR reservations that are not cancelled within 24 hours for no-shows.  We have Anytime Dining and have made reservations for most nights in the MDR.  I can understand a fee for Specialty restaurants but would be concerned if it applies to the MDR as last minute occurences can cause dinner plans to change.  We are sailing on the Reflection.  Has anyone had any recent experience with this?

25 minutes ago, awfw said:

There seems to be some controversy about a $10 pp charge for MDR reservations that are not cancelled within 24 hours for no-shows.  We have Anytime Dining and have made reservations for most nights in the MDR.  I can understand a fee for Specialty restaurants but would be concerned if it applies to the MDR as last minute occurences can cause dinner plans to change.  We are sailing on the Reflection.  Has anyone had any recent experience with this?

Never heard of this.  We have had to miss a Anytime dining on occasion & have never been charged.  Would be very surprised if they tried to bill anyone for a MDR no-show.

1 hour ago, awfw said:

Never. We always prebook Select and as a courtesy tell the Check-in Staff if we will be missing the next night. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, awfw said:

To be very clear, as stated by other posts, there is no charge for not showing up at the MDR. 

Obviously you should let them know of any changes but not really an issue. Have done this when stayed ashore longer than planned and have changed our plans and stopped by to let them know very close to our set time. Neither time was an issue. 

den

Many thanks to all who have replied.  Very happy to hear that this fee is for specialties only.  I will always notify them when I know I will be missing dinner so that others can be seated without waiting.

16 hours ago, awfw said:

but would be concerned if it applies to the MDR as last minute occurences can cause dinner plans to change.  

While it sounds like this only applies to specialty dining, I actually think it's entirely reasonable to extend this to reservations (not standard seating) in MDR.  If it happens once during your cruise, big deal, ten bucks per person.  But this would likely discourage people from making reservations and then regularly no-showing or canceling last minute.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

While it sounds like this only applies to specialty dining, I actually think it's entirely reasonable to extend this to reservations (not standard seating) in MDR.  If it happens once during your cruise, big deal, ten bucks per person.  But this would likely discourage people from making reservations and then regularly no-showing or canceling last minute.

It would not surprise me if this did become a rule, but when someone becomes a no-show at the MDR it should be easy to move diners from the "no reservations" line to fill the spot unlike at the specialties.  Also, Celebrity could be happy that you might decide to go to a last minute "pay" restaurant such as Sushi on Five or the Porch that do not require reservations.    

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

Based on what I've personally seen, the bigger issue is folks having a MDR reservation but X doesn't seat them until 15-20mins later

• Like 4

On 9/5/2023 at 3:31 PM, awfw said:

Please post where you got this information

I saw this first mentioned on a Celebrity Facebook Group.  As usual many different opinions and answers and was trying to clarify if anyone had experienced this recently on any cruises.  Apparently this is not being charged at this time.

5 hours ago, awfw said:

I saw this first mentioned on a Celebrity Facebook Group.  As usual many different opinions and answers and was trying to clarify if anyone had experienced this recently on any cruises.  Apparently this is not being charged at this time.

Fake news! 

51 minutes ago, awhcruiser said:

I was just curious as to who was spreading the misinformation.

the fact is that it states this on the app under terms and conditions when you book select dining time. It cause be to cancel my bookings on 4 cruises . if this is error they they need to correct

3 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

the fact is that it states this on the app under terms and conditions when you book select dining time. It cause be to cancel my bookings on 4 cruises . if this is error they they need to correct

For Canadians only or is this the US site?

On 9/6/2023 at 5:40 AM, awfw said:

It would not surprise me if this did become a rule, but when someone becomes a no-show at the MDR it should be easy to move diners from the "no reservations" line to fill the spot unlike at the specialties.  Also, Celebrity could be happy that you might decide to go to a last minute "pay" restaurant such as Sushi on Five or the Porch that do not require reservations.    

It's still a little rude to not show up and not cancel the reservation; if you have the chance to.  I mean, how long should the keep the table available for the people they think are coming?  While the are keeping a table for reservations they might not be allowing someone else to use that table.

I think this is especially true if you reserve the same table after your first night like many people do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gold1953 said:

no it isn't . It states this on the app and Celebrity should fix it 

Thanks for making my point. Like the app is accurate. 🤣 Still fake news as the charge will not be charged against no shows for the MDR dining choices. 

We have Select Dining for our October Eclipse cruise and no mention of a $10.00 pp cancellation fee in my CP or on the app. 

Edited by doghog