price for new booking only ?

mcatmcat

Hi everyone 

quick question I have an oceanview room guarantee, sailing in a month and I found out that a veranda guarantee is cheaper than what I paid 

I called to get the update and they told me that the room is for new customers only

Is that a new rule? I think that we can always move up after final payment 

Edited by mcatmcat

37 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

You can possibly move up to a more expensive cabin but not a cheaper one. It makes no difference what catagory.

If that is the case, could the poster ask to move up to a higher grade of verandah, which is equal to the cost of the OV GTY? Just curious ...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

If that is the case, could the poster ask to move up to a higher grade of verandah, which is equal to the cost of the OV GTY? Just curious ...

I believe so. I've always understood it that you can get a paid upgrade post final payment. But you have to pay something additional. Not get it for free.

• Thanks 1

Well after talking to the resolution department they were not able to change my stateroom to a balcony. 
I had ocean view, I wanted to move to to balcony guarantee but according to them the sale price was for new costumer only. I never had this issue before with royal I guess celebrity as their own rules. 

28 minutes ago, mcatmcat said:

Well after talking to the resolution department they were not able to change my stateroom to a balcony. 
I had ocean view, I wanted to move to to balcony guarantee but according to them the sale price was for new costumer only. I never had this issue before with royal I guess celebrity as their own rules. 

well that kinda stinks. although I am not that surprised but would have expected a little something (token OBC?).

In reality - since you are OV GTY, you perhaps would be a candidate for a complementary upgrade when you get your room assignment. Not sure if that is a thing on Celebrity, but I know it happens on other lines. 🤞

42 minutes ago, mcatmcat said:

Did you try and find a cabin category that was more expensive than your current OV GTY and try to pay for an upgrade.  It can be as little as $1 more.  If course the new prevailing rate comes with the new perks as well. (Might be less)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Did you try and find a cabin category that was more expensive than your current OV GTY and try to pay for an upgrade.  It can be as little as $1 more.  If course the new prevailing rate comes with the new perks as well. (Might be less)

I have OV GTV , balcony GTY was cheaper, my only option was to move to balcony selecting the room but it was 700$. I’m happy with my OV but a little upset on their practice. 

1 minute ago, mcatmcat said:

I have OV GTV , balcony GTY was cheaper, my only option was to move to balcony selecting the room but it was 700$. I’m happy with my OV but a little upset on their practice. 

Got it.

You might want to consider bidding on a move up offer.  

• Like 1

The final payment has already been made.  Best Price Guarantee does not apply

https://www.celebritycruises.com/mx/company/customer-support/best-price-guarantee

For a request submitted after the due date of final payment AND the booking is within 48 hours from creation, the following applies:

Request for a Lower Cruise Fare

Celebrity will apply an onboard credit to the booking in the amount of 100% of the difference in price.

Request to Add or Change an Added Value Offer

Celebrity will 1) apply an Added Value Offer to booking and 2) go to prevailing eligible cruise fare

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

The final payment has already been made.  Best Price Guarantee does not apply

https://www.celebritycruises.com/mx/company/customer-support/best-price-guarantee

For a request submitted after the due date of final payment AND the booking is within 48 hours from creation, the following applies:

Request for a Lower Cruise Fare

Celebrity will apply an onboard credit to the booking in the amount of 100% of the difference in price.

Request to Add or Change an Added Value Offer

Celebrity will 1) apply an Added Value Offer to booking and 2) go to prevailing eligible cruise fare

What if my reservation is after payment but sailing in a month and not 48 hrs 🥹

1 hour ago, mcatmcat said:

What if my reservation is after payment but sailing in a month and not 48 hrs 🥹

I think the wording means that you have to have booked it within 48 hours of seeing the lower amount - and be past final payment. So basically booking it after PIF date and then within 48 hours of booking seeing a lower rate.

52 minutes ago, pmarrsouth said:

Hang up

Call again

we did, this time we even went a step up to concierge class guarantee since I had to increase my final payment I thought they were going to take it and I got the same answer, new booking only, however, if I select a room I can do the upgrade. 

I just think that if you book a guarantee, you can't get another guarantee ( different category) unless you actually pick a room form the other category. 

1 hour ago, mcatmcat said:

we did, this time we even went a step up to concierge class guarantee since I had to increase my final payment I thought they were going to take it and I got the same answer, new booking only, however, if I select a room I can do the upgrade. 

I just think that if you book a guarantee, you can't get another guarantee ( different category) unless you actually pick a room form the other category. 

Yes, I would have thought that they would have allow you to upgrade to C GTY if it was a higher price.

You might want to try it one more time with a different Celebrity Rep.

Good luck.