Carnival Removing Air Conditioning from Half Moon Cay Villas and Cabanas

N7786W Flyer

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, N7786W Flyer said:

It was a dumb idea to have them.  In our “new” green world, it was doomed.  A better discussion is why they think they can get $999 for the two level cabanas.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Why would a BEACH cabana need airco?!? Feeling hot? Jump into the water! Due to the seabreeze there is always wind, and a fan also does wonders. I know that Americans are addicted to their aico, but high time to change that attitude and get more energy conscious.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Despegue said:

Why would a BEACH cabana need airco?!? Feeling hot? Jump into the water! Due to the seabreeze there is always wind, and a fan also does wonders. I know that Americans are addicted to their aico, but high time to change that attitude and get more energy conscious.

There are many reasons why cabana renters would want it air conditioned.  Not everyone can just go jump in the water. My paralyzed brother for one. My grandma.  Etc…. Some people can get way overheated and need the air nearby to cool down. You’ve taken quite the liberty in calling people addicts and telling them what YOU think they should or should not want or do. You don’t pay my way in life so my air conditioning and its cost are none of your business. Heck, fix Europes faults before you try and change ours. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, silvercrikhix said:

There are many reasons why cabana renters would want it air conditioned.  Not everyone can just go jump in the water. My paralyzed brother for one. My grandma.  Etc…. Some people can get way overheated and need the air nearby to cool down. You’ve taken quite the liberty in calling people addicts and telling them what YOU think they should or should not want or do. You don’t pay my way in life so my air conditioning and its cost are none of your business. Heck, fix Europes faults before you try and change ours. 

Thamk you!

You stated it perfectly. 

The Cabana we rented at HMC 2 weeks ago with AC blowing was the only way my wife with her disability was able to spend the  whole time with her family,

Great memories were made because we could!

• Like 8

Booked a Villa for $999 for next year's family cruise.  The Villa will give our vulnerable grandkids a place to get out of the sun.  Carnival reimbursed $100 to my credit card.  I never understood the reason they had AC's in an open air building anyways.  Sure the cool air felt nice if you stood right next to the AC.  At home I would never dream of running the AC while the windows are open.  I am confident that the shade inside the Villa plus the ceiling fan will keep us cool enough.  Plus there is a full bathroom, misting shower and hot tub plus a mini kitchen.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Cinnamon2 said:

Booked a Villa for $999 for next year's family cruise.  The Villa will give our vulnerable grandkids a place to get out of the sun.  Carnival reimbursed $100 to my credit card.  I never understood the reason they had AC's in an open air building anyways.  Sure the cool air felt nice if you stood right next to the AC.  At home I would never dream of running the AC while the windows are open.  I am confident that the shade inside the Villa plus the ceiling fan will keep us cool enough.  Plus there is a full bathroom, misting shower and hot tub plus a mini kitchen.  

Exactly!

It is simply throwing energy away. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

It was a dumb idea to have them.  In our “new” green world, it was doomed.  A better discussion is why they think they can get $999 for the two level cabanas.  

Agree . . . actually the Beach Villas are $899 now even though they are still listed as $999 on the Carnival site.  I received a $100 refund after paying $999.  

40 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

HAL is owned by Carnival. Carnival just allows them to use the ships.

Carnival corp. is the parent of HAL and Not Carnival Cruise Lines. HAL and Carnival Cruises are sister companies under the umbrella of Carnival corp. actually. HMC has never been Carnival Cruise Lines’ property and in fact, HAL vessels have priority over Carnival when itineraries are being constructed. 

2 hours ago, Despegue said:

Airco only works in a sealed environment. A beach cabana is hardly that...they should never have equipped them.

When we visited HMC the first time back in 2003, the cabanas had a canvas curtain that you could pull across the front which would hold the air conditioning inside. Over the years those disappeared, but the air conditioners stayed. 😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Despegue said:

Carnival corp. is the parent of HAL and Not Carnival Cruise Lines. HAL and Carnival Cruises are sister companies under the umbrella of Carnival corp. actually. HMC has never been Carnival Cruise Lines’ property and in fact, HAL vessels have priority over Carnival when itineraries are being constructed. 

Yep. Carnival corp, not Holland America Corp.

• Like 2

On 9/21/2023 at 10:44 AM, bigdog1958 said:

All these opinions about the air conditioning being a waste of money. Then the question is, why

did carnival waste all that money for more than a decade. I guess they are not a very smart company. 

Obviously it had appeal to their clients.  If we used the logic that every time a cruise line made a decision they later stopped means they are not a smart company, that would leave…..NONE.  

• Haha 1