Taxi fare - Port of Miami to Miami Airport

cruisingTXfamily

I asked a similarish question (airport to hotel) on the Tripadvisor forum. Someone replied with the following charges:

The metered rate is calculated at:

$2.95 for first 1/6 of a mile.

$0.85 for each additional 1/6 mile until 1 mile.

$0.55 for each 1/6 mile after that.

$0.40 per minute ($24 per hour) wait charge.

No additional charge for extra passengers or luggage.

In addition: A minimum fare of $15.00 is established for trips originated at MIA or the Port of Miami, regardless of what the meter reading shows.

A quick look at Google Maps indicates the distance is 9.2 miles. I'll let you to do the maths. 

4 hours ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

It's been running around $33+/- from what people have previously posted on here, plus a tip. If you plan to use a credit card to pay, confirm with your driver before you load/board that his credit card machine is working.

That $33 is fare only?  How about the tip?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JohninDC said:

If you are in a van or SUV taxi there is a surcharge making the metered fare higher than for a standard sedan.  If you can wait a few minutes for Uber or Lyft they should be a better deal.

We got hit last March with the 30% surcharge in Miami. The driver never said a word about it. He was the next available taxi in the line of taxis at POM.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

How much is the approx. price with Uber/Lyft from POM to MIA and where should a drop off be as we'll then be renting a car? We have a day in between our RCI and Celebrity cruises.

Is their another suggestion from where we should rent or is going to MIA the best option....for our pick up and then return. Both cruises sail from POM.

Edited by Ashland

Hi,

The last time I arrived back in Miami I did a trip via the cruise line to the Everglades with a MIA drop off. IIRC it was not much more than the taxi fare some are charging.

Also, on other occasions, we would drop our cases off at the airport several hours before our flight and then take a bus, I think it was the 150 from MIA to the South beach and have a few hours there before returning to the airport. I know this doesn't cut down the taxi fare, but for $1.50 or whatever it is now, I felt I got something nice out of that horrible last day of the cruise rather than sitting in an airport for several hours.

It's a shame, given that Miami is supposed to be cruise capital of the US, that they have not got the infrastructure in place for a monorail type shuttle service direct from the port to MIA for a few dollars. Same for Bayonne.

Mick.

Bayonne NJ has discussed the idea of extending the existing light rail (Hudson Bergen Light Rail) to the cruise port from its relatively nearby right of way.  But there are too many interests invested in keeping things the way they are. Parking revenues at $30 per day and cab drivers, especially.

It might have been a do-able project before the area was built out with logistics etc providers

just got off the ship at Miami cruise port. Uber was asking ~$50 for the trip to Miami airport at 10 am. We took a taxi. Upon entrance at the terminal, meter was showing $35. Our terminal was J, the last one at the airport, so it came up to $38 on the meter. Driver was very good for bypassing all traffic and got $5 tip. That was cheaper ride than Uber was asking...

• Like 1

On 1/5/2024 at 2:37 AM, Mick B said:

It's a shame, given that Miami is supposed to be cruise capital of the US, that they have not got the infrastructure in place for a monorail type shuttle service direct from the port to MIA for a few dollars. Same for Bayonne.

Mick.

A connection to the port with Metrorail, Brightline and Tri-Rail is supposedly in process, but probably will take 2 or 3 years from now to be operational.

Hi,

I will be flying into MIA in April for my 15 night TA on the Jewel out of FL.

In the past we have sailed out of Miami itself and stayed over the night before in a hotel near the airport and sometimes RCI have put on shuttle buses.

However, this year we are cruising from FL which is several miles up the coast. The last time we stayed there I think it cost around $50 in a taxi but that was back in 2015.

I can tell you that to avoid hassle, we have booked a private car to take us from MIA to our hotel in FL and then from the Hotel to the ship the next day. The total is $265 for the 2 of us. 

I have only paid this because this holiday is for my wife's 60th and she has not been well for the past few years and is not looking forward to 9 and a half hours of flying from the UK.

So I have sorted this taxi service in advance to avoid all the hassle of getting a taxi.

Just hope that this price includes all taxes and tips!

Looking at the breakdown it looks like the ride from MIA to FL is $80 per person.

Does anyone know if this is about right?

regards,

Mick.