Princess Plus Questions

The Admiral

Just now, Lady Arwen said:

Go to the website and look exactly where I instructed in my post.  It is there in black and white, I promise! lol

"JUST"

believe me - i KNOW the 'beverage packages' - since way before PLUS and Premier - and I know the poster - since 'the villages' ...

• Thanks 1

Oh my, talk about confusing.  A slew of posts where it's like people on different wave beams. 

I am quite sure that @MissP22 is well acquainted with what both the Cruise Fare packages and the Standalone Beverage packages contain.  Apparently, she thought @Lady Arwen was referring to a standalone alcohol package and I presume took her wording literally.  I think we are all aware that there is no standalone package that is ONLY for alcohol (albeit there are standalone beverage packages that are strictly non-alcohol).  So, @voljeep, the world still turns and the packages are what we know them to be.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

Oh my, talk about confusing.  A slew of posts where it's like people on different wave beams. 

I am quite sure that @MissP22 is well acquainted with what both the Cruise Fare packages and the Standalone Beverage packages contain.  Apparently, she thought @Lady Arwen was referring to a standalone alcohol package and I presume took her wording literally.  I think we are all aware that there is no standalone package that is ONLY for alcohol (albeit there are standalone beverage packages that are strictly non-alcohol).  So, @voljeep, the world still turns and the packages are what we know them to be.

"JUST" 😈

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Go to the website and look exactly where I instructed in my post.  It is there in black and white, I promise! lol

Sorry!  I assumed, yes THAT word, you knew it was a beverage package and not an alcohol package.  I must try to be more exact in my wording, my bad.  Thanks for being patient.

• Like 1

Wow, I think I will be on the phone to my CVP again to verify what she previously told me...made me believe that I could purchase the Princess Plus Package (including wifi, gratuities and drink package) on board for just one passenger (my husband) at the same price offered precruise - $60.00 per day.  

Better yet, maybe I should email her and get it in writing.  

Appreciate everyone's help on this subject. 

5 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

This conversation got me curious to see what Princess actually says about this in  its Terms and Conditions for the package and it says the following:

One guest’s participation in Princess Plus may be dependent on the other guest in his/her stateroom’s participation, as determined by booking method. Princess Plus is contingent on ship capacity and only available on select voyages, while capacity lasts.

So it's very poorly worded since it uses the word "may", but the indication is that the participation is determined by the booking method and one could surmise that if you are booked with another person in the cabin, you both must sign up. But it surely is not clear and very badly stated. I also thought it was interesting that it does appear to be capacity controlled as someone else had stated here and so I guess there is a possibility if you don't pre-purchase you might get onboard and find it sold out?

Since there is an age requirement to purchase the package, I guess the word "may" might be to cover bases if someone was traveling with an underage child who is not eligible for the package and perhaps they allow for a single purchase in those circumstances. But I could see where people would find this confusing.

Yes...definitely leaves it open to interpretation..."One guests participation may be dependent on other guests participation depending on booking method"...hmmm

6 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

This conversation got me curious to see what Princess actually says about this in  its Terms and Conditions for the package and it says the following:

One guest’s participation in Princess Plus may be dependent on the other guest in his/her stateroom’s participation, as determined by booking method. Princess Plus is contingent on ship capacity and only available on select voyages, while capacity lasts.

So it's very poorly worded since it uses the word "may", but the indication is that the participation is determined by the booking method and one could surmise that if you are booked with another person in the cabin, you both must sign up. But it surely is not clear and very badly stated. I also thought it was interesting that it does appear to be capacity controlled as someone else had stated here and so I guess there is a possibility if you don't pre-purchase you might get onboard and find it sold out?

Since there is an age requirement to purchase the package, I guess the word "may" might be to cover bases if someone was traveling with an underage child who is not eligible for the package and perhaps they allow for a single purchase in those circumstances. But I could see where people would find this confusing.

There is no requirement that the Plus or Premier must be purchased by all adults in the cabin if one purchases it. It must be purchased for the first two passengers on the booking, but it is optional for additional passengers.

There is no age requirement to purchase the Plus or Premier Fare. If a minor purchases the Plus or Premier Fare, the minor receives the Zero-Alcohol Package at the same cost.

The following information is in the Frequently Asked Questions about the Cruise Packages:

9. Are third and fourth guests required to purchase the same package (Princess Plus or Princess Premier)?
Third and fourth guests are not required to purchase or defaulted to the selected package of first and second guests in a stateroom. Should 3rd and 4th guests want to opt in to purchase a package, you will need to contact Princess or your Travel Advisor to have it applied to the booking.

16. What if I’m not of legal drinking age (21 years of age or older)?
Guests who are under the legal drinking age on board will receive the Zero-Alcohol Package, previously called Coffee & Soda Package. This package type will be assigned prior to sailing based on age of guest. When sailing from North America, the legal drinking age on Princess Cruises is 21. However, when sailing from Europe, Asia, South America, Australia and New Zealand, the legal drinking age is 18.

Guest Snaxmuppet

Here is the details of the Premier and Plus Beverage Packages (this is taken from the T&Cs). Details can be found here:

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

As you can see... it includes some other non-alcoholic drinks too.

The Premier Beverage Package includes:

• The package includes all beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails $20.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s), or $30.00 AUD and under for voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.
  • The package includes sparkling or still bottled water (500ml or less), fountain sodas, fresh juices and healthy smoothies (unlimited juice bar), specialty coffees and teas, Frappés at Coffee & Cones, and Red Bull energy drinks.
  • The package provides a 25% discount on the following excluded items: all bottles of wine and one-liter bottles of water.
  • The package may be used on our private islands, all food and beverage venues, and other areas such as the theater or public spaces that offer beverage service.
  • If dining at a specialty dining venue, a large (one-liter) bottle of still or sparkling water is covered by the package.

The Plus Beverage Package includes:

• The package includes all beer, spirits, wine by the glass and cocktails $15.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s), or $22.00 AUD and under for voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.
  • The package includes sparkling or still bottled water (500ml or less), fountain sodas, fresh juices and healthy smoothies (unlimited juice bar), specialty coffees and teas, Frappés at Coffee & Cones, and Red Bull energy drinks.
  • The package provides a 25% discount on the following excluded items: all bottles of wine and one-liter bottles of water.
  • The package may be used on our private islands, all food and beverage venues, and other areas such as the theater or public spaces that offer beverage service.

On 10/4/2023 at 9:34 AM, MissP22 said:

Just give it to a friend. I'm sure there might be someone who would take it. 

Just glad I didn't crack or dislodge a crown with the frozen skittles.  We both thought they were awful.  We do like the free cones though on-board.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

I am surprised you don't already know about this... you have been around for ages... I don't know how you could have missed it 🙂

I just thought there was a new "package" that I hadn't heard of. 

• Like 2

Guest Snaxmuppet

Here is a thought... some of the speciality desserts contain a scoop of gelato IIRC. Can you just get the gelato on its own as an alternative or do you have to get the whole dessert and scoop out the gelato and discard the rest of the rubbish?

You can get scoops of vanilla and chocolate without the rubbish because they are the included flavours.  If you tell the server that you are lactose intolerant you can also have the mango etc sorbets.  It was his suggestion!  I’m just off the Sky so speak from experience.  

The wine on the Plus package was dire.  The white, for us, was undrinkable and the red not much better.  On the Regal two years ago there was a decent selection.  Now it’s a selection of four grape varieties, no named wines at all.  If the intention was to push us into upgrading to Premier it failed.  The sommelier in the dining room kept managing to find us ok stuff included in the package e.g. Albariño, Errazuriz, Carmenére etc but they kept running out.  The bars had none of these options but it wasn’t a problem because we could never find a seat in any of them!  

P.S.  we don’t drink beer but the ship ran out of Heineken and Corona.  They also ran out of Amaretto, Campari (my choices) and who knows what else.  The concierge lounge ran out of champagne although to be fair by the last week we were getting fed up with it anyway 😂😂.  The ship had also run out of brown bread by the end.  Our waiter called the the white toast “pale brown” which made us laugh.  So many first world problems….not sure how we coped.

11 minutes ago, teenieleek said:

P.S.  we don’t drink beer but the ship ran out of Heineken and Corona.  They also ran out of Amaretto, Campari (my choices) and who knows what else.  The concierge lounge ran out of champagne although to be fair by the last week we were getting fed up with it anyway 😂😂.  The ship had also run out of brown bread by the end.  Our waiter called the the white toast “pale brown” which made us laugh.  So many first world problems….not sure how we coped.

As long as they don’t run out of Aperol and Prosecco, I’ll be happy.  We had a very hard time locating Aperol here at home during the summer and I was so disappointed.

• Like 2

Just now, Lady Arwen said:

As long as they don’t run out of Aperol and Prosecco, I’ll be happy.  We had a very hard time locating Aperol here at home during the summer and I was so disappointed.

I saw someone with Aperol the last night so you’re probably fine.  The “champagne” was Chandon sparkling wine so better than Prosecco but there was plenty of the latter.  Btw, my first time in Canada and it was great.  Obviously didn’t see Toronto but we did see lots of the east coast and, apart from Sydney where the rain was so heavy we could see nothing, the weather was great and much warmer than I expected.  Canada 5*, Princess ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/18/2023 at 1:16 PM, teenieleek said:

Thank God they didn’t run out of good beer.  😁

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 5:56 AM, Snaxmuppet said:

Here is a thought... some of the speciality desserts contain a scoop of gelato IIRC. Can you just get the gelato on its own as an alternative or do you have to get the whole dessert and scoop out the gelato and discard the rest of the rubbish?

I feel like there's been mixed results on this but in my personal experience, I tested this on the Discovery and just ordered Gelato.  I wasn't sure whether it would charge or not.  I was prepared to roll my eyes over the few dollars and move on with life if I was, but I was not, so at least in this one guy's experience on one 7 day cruise - you can just get the Gelato and not one of the monstrosities.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, memoak said:

Just off the Crown no decent ales at all

I’m happy with Sam Adams Boston lager or Lagunitas IPA. On Sapphire last month, they had 4 beers from Alaskan Brewing. I don’t drink anything in a green or clear bottle.