Take towel off ship?

sailing canary

Princess has piles of the ship's pool towels with blue stripes rolled up on a table for passengers to take as they get off the ship at ports with beaches.  There's usually a used towel bin for you to deposit your used towels past security as you re embark the ship.  If not, bring them back to your cabin and your cabin steward can collect them from there.

Princess is generous with pool towel use, so please be respectful and bring your towels back to the ship and leave them on the ship at the end of your cruise.  To Alaska this summer on the Majestic,  deck crew made passengers checkout the red plaid blankets because large numbers of them started to become unaccounted for.  RC keeps tabs and charges $25 for every pool towel that doesn't come back.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

Princess is generous with pool towel use, so please be respectful and bring your towels back to the ship and leave them on the ship at the end of your cruise.

For some of the Princess towels it is better to NOT return them to the ship. Better for a beach fire or so. 😁

On 10/13/2023 at 9:16 PM, EDVM96 said:

For some of the Princess towels it is better to NOT return them to the ship. Better for a beach fire or so. 😁

LOL! agreed. Or disposing of a body(if they were larger)

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2023 at 7:39 PM, Outerdog said:

Yes.

Also, pool towels make fantastic souvenirs.

Please don’t do this because one thing that I absolutely hate with Royal Caribbean is that you have to check out towels because of this very reason.  I hope Princess never feels the need to start this. I know you are just kidding but I had to say it. 😊

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Please don’t do this because one thing that I absolutely hate with Royal Caribbean is that you have to check out towels because of this very reason.  I hope Princess never feels the need to start this. I know you are just kidding but I had to say it. 😊

I'll bet you don't see to many towels holding a chair by the pool. 😄

Eliminates chair hogs unless you want to be charged $25 for a towel.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MissP22 said:

That’s true. I really hated waiting in line each time to checkout and return a towel. But you’re definitely correct about the chair hogs. 

• Haha 1

On 10/16/2023 at 9:59 AM, MissP22 said:

Not true.  They'll find another object to put on the chair...pool floats, clothing, flip-flops, plates of food.  Chair hogs still exist on lines that keep tabs on pool towels.  Such is the case with RC.

• Like 1