How do Diamond members use drink vouchers?

Sun Lover

On 10/17/2023 at 2:47 PM, island lady said:

Medical is on deck one.  

I actually like the taste of the water from the bathroom faucet than the bottled water that is given to us as Diamond Plus members. I have never become ill from drinking the sink from the bathroom faucet.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 4:59 PM, nelblu said:

Or go to the D lounge and they usually have iced water available during the day. 
Refill or use cups for drinking 

I find these statements comical about the D lounge being so special. If I want some iced water during the day I certainly won't make a special trip to the D lounge for it when it is also available at windjammer , park cafe , solarium bistro , promenade cafe , not to mention at every bar on the ship .

... Just sayin

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, LobsterStalker said:

I find these statements comical about the D lounge being so special. If I want some iced water during the day I certainly won't make a special trip to the D lounge for it when it is also available at windjammer , park cafe , solarium bistro , promenade cafe , not to mention at every bar on the ship .

... Just sayin

Cheers

We also grab ice water at whatever venue is closest.  👍🏼. I’m not sure nelblu was saying the crown lounge is the only option, just one they brought up since we are talking about Diamond stuff in this thread.

Off topic a little, but…. We are fairly new Diamond members and speaking of the now called Crown lounge I was surprised how empty it was all day long on our Quantum sailing to Alaska in July.  Never more than 2 (and normally zero) others in there whenever we would stop in to grab coffee.  Also lots of untouched appetizers.  We were never there during happy hour though 

28 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

We also grab ice water at whatever venue is closest.  👍🏼. I’m not sure nelblu was saying the crown lounge is the only option, just one they brought up since we are talking about Diamond stuff in this thread.

Off topic a little, but…. We are fairly new Diamond members and speaking of the now called Crown lounge I was surprised how empty it was all day long on our Quantum sailing to Alaska in July.  Never more than 2 (and normally zero) others in there whenever we would stop in to grab coffee.  Also lots of untouched appetizers.  We were never there during happy hour though 

I walked in twice on last sailing (only because I was walking by ) 2 people one time , and maybe 6 the other . And never saw any apps either time .

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

18% of zero is still zero. 

I guess you missed post # 59 .

I have a technical background and understand math quite well . 

Why would some  ( honest ) servers say they get compensated from the service charge 

and other servers say they dont. I would tend to believe the honest ones. 

7 minutes ago, loman said:

Why would some  ( honest ) servers say they get compensated from the service charge 

To stop your rude questions! Save your $1, you obviously need it more than a lowely waiter. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

To stop your rude questions! Save your $1, you obviously need it more than a lowely waiter. 

I tip them extra , as i stated and prepay my gratuities when i book the cruise. 

I am not rude , just stating what others have said. 

If you think the server doesnt get compensated , thats ok . 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, loman said:

Bottom line, the CAS member ordering their drinks is not charged a gratuity and that was @Dolby1000 question. How the server is paid for those drinks is between RC and them. Not my concern. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lilyhammer said:

Can you get cans of soda with the diamond vouchers? Or only fountain drinks? Like could I ask for 4 cans upfront and stockpile them in my room fridge? Or will they only give you one drink at a time?

Yes , unlike the drink packages , these are your vouchers to use anyway you like . At the end of any day we hadn't used them all we would always make sure we took a couple cans of whatever back to the fridge . 

On 10/20/2023 at 8:50 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Besides removing the salt it also removes all the other minerals that naturally occur in water which includes potassium which helps the body get rid of excess salt.

This has really got me thinking . We try to be somewhat health conscious when cruising nowadays .lighter portions , no desserts , up early every day walking . Unlike earlier years where I would come home and the scale would fear me stepping on it .However ,We returned home this week after 19 days away , ( 11 on ships ) and I was shocked when the scale told me I was up 11 pounds . The following morning 7 pounds and this morning 5.5 pounds <<( Which was more in line with what I would have expected ) . So in 2 days home I dropped 5.5 lbs (and not by trying) . We are very obsessive when it comes to water intake , and now am wondering just how little value it is to me when lacking these minerals. Definitely gonna have to look into this more as clearly my body was not functioning normally 

Cheers

• Like 3

The best way to get more bang for your buck as it pertains to vouchers and water is to save the vouchers for the more expensive drinks and get your water either with a discounted water package or get it from the WJ, spa, gym etc in a glass and then pour the glass in your water bottle or just take the glass back to your cabin. The tap water doesn't taste the greatest unless you buy a water bottle with a built-in filter, i.e. Brita. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

The best way to get more bang for your buck as it pertains to vouchers and water is to save the vouchers for the more expensive drinks and get your water either with a discounted water package or get it from the WJ, spa, gym etc in a glass and then pour the glass in your water bottle or just take the glass back to your cabin. The tap water doesn't taste the greatest unless you buy a water bottle with a built-in filter, i.e. Brita. 

Unless you and your cabin mate do not drink 10 drinks/day. In that case collect all unused vouchers before bed for cans. One B3B we left over 30 cokes for our cabin attendant. We asked his favorite and he said no alcohol but loved Coke. He got some! Plus a nice tip. 

12 hours ago, lilyhammer said:

Can you get cans of soda with the diamond vouchers? Or only fountain drinks? Like could I ask for 4 cans upfront and stockpile them in my room fridge? Or will they only give you one drink at a time?

Yes, you can get cans of soda...yes, all 4 cans at the same time. 

* Here's a photo of our fridge on the Voyager.

20220826_155541.jpg

14 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

This has really got me thinking . We try to be somewhat health conscious when cruising nowadays .lighter portions , no desserts , up early every day walking . Unlike earlier years where I would come home and the scale would fear me stepping on it .However ,We returned home this week after 19 days away , ( 11 on ships ) and I was shocked when the scale told me I was up 11 pounds . The following morning 7 pounds and this morning 5.5 pounds <<( Which was more in line with what I would have expected ) . So in 2 days home I dropped 5.5 lbs (and not by trying) . We are very obsessive when it comes to water intake , and now am wondering just how little value it is to me when lacking these minerals. Definitely gonna have to look into this more as clearly my body was not functioning normally 

Cheers

It's not just the water...which (IMHO) is minor compared to the massive amount of salt the chefs/cooks insist on dumping in all the food.   

14 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

I was shocked when the scale told me I was up 11 pounds . The following morning 7 pounds and this morning 5.5 pounds <<( Which was more in line with what I would have expected ) . So in 2 days home I dropped 5.5 lbs (and not by trying)

This is similar to what I experience every time I cruise. A lot of it is bloating/water weight (even though I take Diurex to keep my legs from swelling) and comes off on its own in a few days just like in your case.

The rest I take full credit for b/c I make no effort to eat healthy while cruising and enjoy eating quite a bit.

58 minutes ago, island lady said:

It's not just the water...which (IMHO) is minor compared to the massive amount of salt the chefs/cooks insist on dumping in all the food. 

This has been my conclusion ever since my legs swelled up like balloons the first time. I don't know the exact ratio of water vs. added salt and it doesn't really matter to me; I'm just happy my water pills solved the issue.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

This is similar to what I experience every time I cruise. A lot of it is bloating/water weight (even though I take Diurex to keep my legs from swelling) and comes off on its own in a few days just like in your case.

The rest I take full credit for b/c I make no effort to eat healthy while cruising and enjoy eating quite a bit.

This has been my conclusion ever since my legs swelled up like balloons the first time. I don't know the exact ratio of water vs. added salt and it doesn't really matter to me; I'm just happy my water pills solved the issue.

There are many times I can't eat an entree...especially the soup (which I normally love) due to having too much salt in the item.  Sheezz...have never figured out why they put salt shakers on the table when they already oversalt in the first place.  Why not let the pax salt to taste if they think it is not enough.  

Cut back on the salt a bit RCI chefs!!  😕

On 10/20/2023 at 8:45 AM, shipgeeks said:

Stated here fairly recently by Chief Engineer.

I think he also stated that the water coming out of the bathroom faucet is the same as the water in the restaurants except that the restaurants have an extra filter. But in terms of salt and mineral content, it's the same. 

3 hours ago, island lady said:

There are many times I can't eat an entree...especially the soup (which I normally love) due to having too much salt in the item.  Sheezz...have never figured out why they put salt shakers on the table when they already oversalt in the first place.  Why not let the pax salt to taste if they think it is not enough.  

Cut back on the salt a bit RCI chefs!!  😕

Kathy accuses me of turning my food white with salt and black with pepper. Guess that's why I drink a lot more on cruises than I do at home. Maybe my taste buds never came back from years of smoking cigarettes. Simple solution, smoke pot. 😉 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, doghog said:

Kathy accuses me of turning my food white with salt and black with pepper. Guess that's why I drink a lot more on cruises than I do at home. Maybe my taste buds never came back from years of smoking cigarettes. Simple solution, smoke pot. 😉 

Yup, Dave's got the stuff!!  😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 1