Adventure of the Seas current condition?

killsport

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If freshness is a criterion for you, don't sail on anything older than Odyssey.

Thanks for the quick feedback.

Freshness is an interesting term.  I'm interested in clean (especially not smelling like mildew). I'm ok with older bathrooms, don't care about arcades, and not worried about entertainment. It's really things like ripped up carpet, leaking toilets, venues shut down due to maintenance issues.... that sort of thing. I guess I'll tune it to see what @Sea Dog has to say...

If anyone knows of planned refurbishments schedules for the older RCCL ships, that'd be handy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, killsport said:

If anyone knows of planned refurbishments schedules for the older RCCL ships, that'd be handy. 

You can find the drydock schedule for any ship on a site like cruisedeckplans - since Adventure is over 20 yrs old she's due for a drydock twice in the 5 years since her last one. A break in her itinerary schedule of 4-5 weeks usually indicates a drydock. 

We were on adventure last December. We felt that the public areas were very well maintained and did not show excessive wear and tear for the age. The cabin itself had some minor issues such as loose cabinet, hinges, and the balcony was very rusty. But nothing at all that impacted our full enjoyment of a great cruise. Hope that helps.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, killsport said:

Thanks for the quick feedback.

Freshness is an interesting term.  I'm interested in clean (especially not smelling like mildew). I'm ok with older bathrooms, don't care about arcades, and not worried about entertainment. It's really things like ripped up carpet, leaking toilets, venues shut down due to maintenance issues.... that sort of thing. I guess I'll tune it to see what @Sea Dog has to say...

Stay tuned I will let you know when we board tomorrow.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, killsport said:

If anyone knows of planned refurbishments schedules for the older RCCL ships, that'd be handy

Adventure is scheduled to go to Cadiz for maintenance in late October 2024, and will return to service the first week in December. We are booked on her first cruise after she comes back on 12/7/24.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, killsport said:

If anyone knows of planned refurbishments schedules for the older RCCL ships, that'd be handy

DW just pointed out to me that we will also be on Adventure the week before she goes over to Cadiz, so we will get a really good before and after comparison of what work was actually done during her dry dock.

Edited by orville99

6 minutes ago, orville99 said:

DW just pointed out to me that we will also be on Adventure the week before she goes over to Cadiz, so we will get a really good before and after comparison of what work was actually done during her dry dock.

Before and after pictures would be interesting. Have a safe and fun voyage (or two)!

• Like 1

Came off the Adventure 10/9.  I understand the ship had a refurbishment of the public areas during the COVID break and is scheduled for dry dock in 2025.  The public areas were very well maintained, and if you didn't know it was an old ship, you wouldn't be able to tell.  The rooms are a little dated, but not shabby and both mine and my sister's cabin were in excellent shape.  The temperature on board was inconsistent in the public areas.  Some areas you would swear the a/c was broken and in others you could freeze meat. They were doing some hull maintenance (chipping/sanding off paint to prep for repainting), which I thought was unacceptable for a cruise in progress.  They did wait for a port day, but since it was a port I wasn't getting off the ship for, the noise reverberated throughout the ship and made an afternoon nap impossible.  When I complained, their solution was to offer me an empty cabin on the opposite side of the ship for the afternoon to nap.  It is not as mobility device friendly as the newer ships in some areas, so if anyone in your party has a walker, wheelchair or scooter, choose another ship.

22 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

When should they do hull maintenance then? There's a cruise in progress nearly 24/7.

IMO, they should take the ship out of service for a week or so to do work that is disruptive to passengers. Unless it's critcal safety issue. Perhaps waiting til 2025 for dry dock is ill advised.

50 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Did you do MDR each night?  How did you find the service.

The service was adequate, the food not so much. On the next to last night, the chef made me and my sister something special based on our complaints and likes, do that eas a plus.

I sailed adventure in September and would definitely sail her again. The couch in my room was filthy but everything else was fine in there. The ladies room by the solarium had to be closed twice due to toilets backing up. Everything else was great, we commented how well it was maintained and kept. Service was excellent everywhere.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2023 at 9:07 AM, Sea Dog said:

Stay tuned I will let you know when we board tomorrow.

We were away on a long cruise and I want on these boards…can you give me a link to your review of Adventure? I saw some not good posts on that other site and were booked next year.  Thanks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We were away on a long cruise and I want on these boards…can you give me a link to your review of Adventure? I saw some not good posts on that other site and were booked next year.  Thanks.

Here you go.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2969534-🐾%C2%A0🐾%C2%A0-sea-dog-gets-wet-a-soggy-adventure-live-10-21-23/

I thought Adventure was in fine shape. It’s a long thread but there is some great material in it. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1