One ANNOYING PROBLEM ON THE MUSE

rojaan19

We are currently  on deck 9 on the Silver Muse.  The TV  is now in the big  mirror over the desk.

We can hear the TV  from the suite next door when their TV is on !!  NOT HAPPY !!   We had dinner with hotel director the other night,   SS is aware of the "problem"  BUT I am glad I brought  ear plugs with me  !

Obviously  nobody thought  of sound insulation  during installation  !!! 🙄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

That would drive me nuts, especially after  I had gone to bed at night.  I think you had already asked your butler to have a word with them?  Do you think the noise comes through  even when TVs are on fairly quietly?  It sounds as if it is a known problem.

• Like 1

How interesting rojaan19 that The Hotel Director indicates that ' They are aware of the problem'. This ' Problem ' has been apparent since the Ship was launched but nothing has been done. From our experience it does not relate to your Neighbours having their TV on a loud volume just as you say minimal Insulation.( We tested the Volume Issue with Friends residing in the next Suite and we/they could hear at low Volume ). Also moderate level Talking/Coughing etc is easily heard.

Yes it is a known problem. It is down to be fixed when the Muse goes into dry dock. but looking at it's future voyages it is grayed out for November/December 2025. The whole TV system is to be replaced we have been told.

To me that is too long a time. We are hoping they get off in Hong kong and the next occupants don't watch the TV very much.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, drron29 said:

Yes it is a known problem. It is down to be fixed when the Muse goes into dry dock. but looking at it's future voyages it is grayed out for November/December 2025. The whole TV system is to be replaced we have been told.

To me that is too long a time. We are hoping they get off in Hong kong and the next occupants don't watch the TV very much.

Which is probably why the system was changed when Silver Dawn was built. I much prefer the wall mounted screens to the glass walls.  In fact, every guest I spoke to on Muse didn’t like them.

• Like 1

It is certainly a possibility in the Vista and Veranda suites but fortunately most people don’t take a Silversea cruise to w

a TV or movies all day. We did sail in a silver suite on the Muse and didn’t have the problem though it was at the start of 2019.

4 hours ago, MHF said:

Do you know if the Muse has this problem in all the suites?  I am booked on her in November 2024.

Thanks, Missy

I could just hear the murmur of next door’s television in my verandah suite last month. However, as @drron29 stated, people don’t usually spend the day inside watching TV.  My neighbour was in isolation for five days, but I still rarely heard the television.  Perhaps some guests just have the volume turned up too high?

• Like 2

I didn’t notice any undue noise from our Muse voyage a few months ago, but maybe we had considerate neighbours or that final glass of wine before bedtime was a great sedative eliminating this problem! 🤪

• Like 1