Koningsdam- options for early morning coffee

MaiTaiMary

First time sailing with HA coming up soon. I'm a big (EARLY MORNING) coffee drinker and I was wondering what the options will be. Koningsdam. I heard of the Dutch Cafe, but just read they don't open until 11:30am, so that's out.  I've been on other cruise lines and there is some sort of coffee available 24/7. True with HA?  Will be there any kind of speciality coffee shops open at, say 7:00am?  Not interested in room service as I like to be out and about early for sunrise. Thank you! 

• Like 1

7 am Dutch cafe for coffee and same for Explorations Cafe for coffee in the Crow's Nest.  It's the food that starts at 11:30 at Dutch Cafe.  If you are not picky about coffee, then you can get regular coffee in the Lido at just about anytime.  Explorations and Dutch charge for the coffee.

Edited by AKJonesy
  • Like 1

Hours for Explorations Cafe have changed from ship to shape and sailing to sailing.  I’m happy with the 6am times, when they happen.

Lido coffee has changed for the better, and that’s always available.

The coffee machines in the Neptune Suites are Mocoffee.

952ABC4D-6A6A-4BF0-BEEE-E5DA9B76B7C0.thumb.jpeg.a6977c5eb8e087dc6faf12caf09bcc9c.jpeg

• Like 1

We put our morning coffee request hanger out every night at bedtime for a 6:00am delivery. 6:00 is the earliest delivery time and we’ve never had a problem with getting our coffee at that time - one morning they were 10 minutes early. It’s enough to get us up and get ready for breakfast and more coffee.

• Like 2

On 10/22/2023 at 10:48 AM, MaiTaiMary said:

First time sailing with HA coming up soon. I'm a big (EARLY MORNING) coffee drinker and I was wondering what the options will be. Koningsdam. I heard of the Dutch Cafe, but just read they don't open until 11:30am, so that's out.  I've been on other cruise lines and there is some sort of coffee available 24/7. True with HA?  Will be there any kind of speciality coffee shops open at, say 7:00am?  Not interested in room service as I like to be out and about early for sunrise. Thank you! 

11 hours ago, leerathje said:

I have heard that NY Deli & Pizza serves bagels etc. in the morning, and I believe I heard they have coffee as well.

13 hours ago, Susanmaz said:

We put our morning coffee request hanger out every night at bedtime for a 6:00am delivery. 6:00 is the earliest delivery time and we’ve never had a problem with getting our coffee at that time - one morning they were 10 minutes early. It’s enough to get us up and get ready for breakfast and more coffee.

Pretty sure the Dutch Cafe was open around 9ish.  But yes, the New York deli will have early breakfast, coffee is always available in the lido, and explorations on the observation deck has specialty coffees

On 10/22/2023 at 9:48 AM, MaiTaiMary said:

Grand Dutch Cafe & Explorations are open earlier 6:30 -7 AM IIRC.  Plus Grand Dutch has some free pastries & yogurt parfaits.  I would go there every morning, but remember their coffee has a fee attached. For free coffee, Lido has coffee early, but not nearly as good as the paid coffee.

Crows Nest bar, on the recent Noordam, had a specialty coffee set up as well as full bar service. Heard there were long lines there for coffee very early in the morning.

So also check out the Crows Nest if there is not already a separate Explorations Cafe on that same  Crow Nest -"Library" deck. On the Noordam, both these were on separate decks. 

• Like 1