Club Orange Breakfast Hours?

POA1

Can anyone who has been on a recent Pinnacle Class sailing (Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam, or Rotterdam) with Club Orange tell me what the breakfast hours were in the CO restaurant?

(See, I care about more than the most excellent tote bag.)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

Port Days:  7:30am - 9:00am

Sea Days:  8:00am - 9:30am

Another reason to love sea days; you can sleep in!

Our crack panel of experts have voted this the #1 answer. A round of applause has erupted from the peanut gallery.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just off the Rotterdam. 

Hours are as posted.  We were treated though on a couple of sea days.  When Edgar saw there were a number of us waiting for breakfast he opened CO early - around 10 minutes early which was very nice, I thought. 

we weren’t early risers, really.  the clocks went back a few times on our cruise and eventually, you just get up earlier 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Earlier than 6am? Why? Why not Neptune Suite pax, for example?

Neptune suite passengers are Club Orange by default. (Only without the tote bag, leaving their lives hollow and meaningless.)

• Haha 7

19 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Neptune suite passengers are Club Orange by default. (Only without the tote bag, leaving their lives hollow and meaningless.)

Nope - Neptune Suites get the CO tote bag.  At least I did last November in what will most likely be my last Neptune Suite.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kazu said:

Just off the Rotterdam. 

Hours are as posted.  We were treated though on a couple of sea days.  When Edgar saw there were a number of us waiting for breakfast he opened CO early - around 10 minutes early which was very nice, I thought. 

we weren’t early risers, really.  the clocks went back a few times on our cruise and eventually, you just get up earlier 😉 

Edgar is still on Rotterdam?  He was great when we cruised Norway in July.  I hope he is still on the Rotterdam in 49 more days.   He does a great job.

16 minutes ago, Hobby3333 said:

Edgar is still on Rotterdam?  He was great when we cruised Norway in July.  I hope he is still on the Rotterdam in 49 more days.   He does a great job.

He’s on until November - not sure of the date there.  They extended his contract which he was happy about as it means he will be home with his family for Christmas.

He was very good and a lovely gentleman

• Like 1

On 10/27/2023 at 2:48 PM, kazu said:

Nope - Neptune Suites get the CO tote bag.  At least I did last November in what will most likely be my last Neptune Suite.

That's excellent! I'm glad that you have the tote bag and the inner wellspring of joy that it brings.

• Haha 3

On 10/26/2023 at 10:04 AM, *Miss G* said:

Port Days:  7:30am - 9:00am

Sea Days:  8:00am - 9:30am

Another reason to love sea days; you can sleep in!

I'd love a 10:00 time for sea days.  Especially since they don't do lunch.   We could sleep in another half hour.

Edited by mafig
  • Like 4

On 10/29/2023 at 7:02 PM, POA1 said:

That's excellent! I'm glad that you have the tote bag and the inner wellspring of joy that it brings.

I have always gotten.a tote on all of my Neptune sailings (except 1 night cruises). I have a collection of them and use them to take lunch to work every day. My life would be empty without them, and I would not have lunch 5 days a week! 

On 10/30/2023 at 9:00 AM, mafig said:

I'd love a 10:00 time for sea days.  Especially since they don't do lunch.   We could sleep in another half hour.

Perhaps there is someplace on the ship to get a later breakfast type of meal after 9:00 or 9:30 on the mornings you wish to sleep in. I would think they don't serve after those times in order to give the hard working staff a short break period before they have to report to another venue for lunchtime. I would see the CO hostess in the buffet at lunch. On sea days some of the CO team is probably assigned to the dining room. They work such long hours, they deserve a break. 

1 hour ago, SeaWatch12 said:

Perhaps there is someplace on the ship to get a later breakfast type of meal after 9:00 or 9:30 on the mornings you wish to sleep in. I would think they don't serve after those times in order to give the hard working staff a short break period before they have to report to another venue for lunchtime. I would see the CO hostess in the buffet at lunch. On sea days some of the CO team is probably assigned to the dining room. They work such long hours, they deserve a break. 

Lido is open for breakfast past 9:30 AM.  Also open earlier - 6:30 AM IIRC from my recent cruise.

• Like 1

😁

13 hours ago, SeaWatch12 said:

Perhaps there is someplace on the ship to get a later breakfast type of meal after 9:00 or 9:30 on the mornings you wish to sleep in.

I am not a morning person at all so I order by phone from Room Service.....they serve breakfast food until 11:00am!!!  😁

image.thumb.png.7020df666e84b28ed76b436c50896b58.png

~Nancy

• Thanks 1