$4238.00 to Choose an Inside Room!

Bill B

Regardless of the numbers, my PVP posted the top deals of the week on her social media page and that sailing is on it. If you are really interested in it, there is a much better price available.

The special price below actually comes up for me when I search this sailing, BUT you’re right, that it is over 2x the price to pick your own cabin.

IMG_1510.jpeg

Edited by sunviking90
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bill B said:

Waddaya mean? $8235 - $3997 = $4238.

I don't see the pricing levels out of whack.  My guess is that no one is buying up the low inside categories - or many of the Insides and they have put a deep discount on the IF lead-in Category (which are the ones guests do not select).  Could result in a nice cabin in the end.  It's a gamble.

Anyway, the answer is that they have put a deep discount on the IF's and not upped prices on other cabin categories.  It you check Balconies, it is not as much of a difference from BF to whatever they have available to pick from.

It's getting close to departure and they want to sell, sell, sell and fill, fill, fill those cabins.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

Regardless of the numbers, my PVP posted the top deals of the week on her social media page and that sailing is on it. If you are really interested in it, there is a much better price available.

The special price below actually comes up for me when I search this sailing, BUT you’re right, that it is over 2x the price to pick your own cabin.

IMG_1510.jpeg

My pricing was for one person (100% single supplement). Your $1,999 'special price' at double occupancy works out the same.

• Thanks 1

That price seems very unattractive to me, no matter how you look at it. If you're wanting a long ocean crossing, that same ship is doing a 28 day Rome to FLL in late November without a single supplement for about a third of that guarantee price. Or you could get a mini suite for less than they're asking for the shorter transpacific inside cabin.

If you really want that specific cruise, I'd wait. I sailed a transpacific this spring on a ship that was full before and nearly full after but had fewer passengers than staff for the actual crossing. Last minute deals were way below $100/day.

If you really want that specific cruise and you really want to select your own cabin, call a CVP.

1 hour ago, walkingsoon said:

That price seems very unattractive to me, no matter how you look at it. If you're wanting a long ocean crossing, that same ship is doing a 28 day Rome to FLL in late November without a single supplement for about a third of that guarantee price. Or you could get a mini suite for less than they're asking for the shorter transpacific inside cabin.

If you really want that specific cruise, I'd wait. I sailed a transpacific this spring on a ship that was full before and nearly full after but had fewer passengers than staff for the actual crossing. Last minute deals were way below $100/day.

It's because the cruise is a segment of a World Cruise. The transpacific/transatlantic repositioning cruises are the one that end up 'dirt cheap' with no single supplement.

Edited by Bill B

I have a friend who just completed the Island World Cruise.  Bought a balcony because she didn’t think she could do an inside for that many days.  Solo with supplement….$60,000.   I think you have a “bargain” here.  aka Sheldon Cooper.

• Like 2

I think what you're seeing is the sale coming into play on the lowest cost insides (see details below).  The spread is not as pronounced for the other categories and in fact the oceanview cabins aren't that much more than the insides for choose your own.  Letting them pick avails you of the current sale pricing, other options not so much.

image.thumb.png.9d23b6fabe9ca75678d4a9db6e3c6fa7.png