Drinks in Holland American Buffet

Linycruise

Hello,

Going on my first HAL cruise in a few weeks. Can someone please tell me if the Koningsdam has drink machines in the buffet area that dispense a mango/ fruit punch type juice as well as ice tea and lemonade. I just love fruit punch !!

Thanks, Linny

5 minutes ago, Linycruise said:

Hello,

Going on my first HAL cruise in a few weeks. Can someone please tell me if the Koningsdam has drink machines in the buffet area that dispense a mango/ fruit punch type juice as well as ice tea and lemonade. I just love fruit punch !!

Thanks, Linny

Hello @Linycruise

To help you out, your new topic/thread posted on an incorrect forum has been moved to the Holland America Line forum where it will be on topic.

suggest you use the Follow feature on any new topics/threads you start or any other topics/threads where you are interested in the new replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come looking for you as notifications. If you need information on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info)

Hope this will be satisfactory and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!

Happy sails,

Host Kat

In the morning, juices are available, poured, at one of the lido market areas. I don't think "punch" is one of the choices, but I'm not a juice drinker, so I'm not sure, but there is no "machine".  Iced tea and lemonade are in pitchers, available usually starting at lunch time.  There are no "dispensers" as such, but the pitchers are at various stations and crew come by to serve water, iced tea and lemonade at your table. I don't think I've ever seen "fruit punch" served, sorry.

Edited by Moriah
  • Like 1

Hello @Linycruise!  I think you may have to concoct your own version of some kind of fruit punch.  Get juice and add some type of other drink like 7up maybe? Or make an Arnold Palmer, 1/2 iced tea and 1/2 lemonade.

I've been to Hercules many times when I worked in Richmond and lived in Pinole briefly!

Have a good trip!

~Nancy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Linycruise said:

Hello,

Thanks, Linny

The Koningsdam has one of those 100 flavor or more beverage machines outside of the lido mid ship. Probably not what you are looking for but I am sure Hi C or Minute Maid fruit punch will be one of the flavors. 

11 hours ago, Laminator said:

The Koningsdam has one of those 100 flavor or more beverage machines outside of the lido mid ship. Probably not what you are looking for but I am sure Hi C or Minute Maid fruit punch will be one of the flavors. 

IF it is working, the OP will have to buy the Coke Beverage Package to get a special glass that activates the machine.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, crystalspin said:

IF it is working, the OP will have to buy the Coke Beverage Package to get a special glass that activates the machine.

Does Have It All cover the Coca Cola Freestyle machine? Not that I am into soda... I just wanted to know if Have It All is all-all or mostly-all.

34 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Does Have It All cover the Coca Cola Freestyle machine? Not that I am into soda... I just wanted to know if Have It All is all-all or mostly-all.

I don't believe it does. The Signature Beverage Package normally is what is part of HIA, and the SBP covers all the drinks of the Quench package, not the Coke package. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Um yeah, as much as I love HAL, the fruity drinks in the buffet on the Norwegian ships that I have sailed are a step above.  (The lemonade on HAL has too much sugar for me.)

And yes, I do bring a squeeze bottle to flavor my icewater.  But I am not going to claim that is as good as the Nestle Vitality drinks on the Norwegian buffets.

On 11/1/2023 at 5:25 AM, Laminator said:

To use those machines you would need to purchase one of the drink packages

32 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

How does it work with a special glass for the beverage machine?  I can't image carrying a glass around all the time.

That's what we had to do on the Rhapsody of the Seas in 2018. An oversized plastic glass although maybe not Big Gulp big. It was cumbersome!