Diamond Level for Both People

Hi all, 

I need some assistance regarding reaching diamond level on my next cruise. Here's the situation.  My hubby and I are 6 points away from reaching diamond level.  Originally, we were going to do a short 3-day trip in a suite to get the points needed. He now has a chance to go skiing out west, which has been on his bucket list forever, and wants to skip the cruise.  I still plan on going alone. Since I'll be solo I know I'll get the double points I need to reach diamond. My question is this: because we're married, will my DH ALSO get those 6 points and become diamond when the cruise is over?  Or will he stay at his current point level but get the diamond status because i'll have it? 

Greatly appreciate any input. 

Assuming your accounts are linked he will share your status.

Its 3 pts per day solo in a JS or higher. 

Be sure to remove him before you sail or you wouldnt get the extra solo pt. Personally I hate the term double, lazy math confuses people. 1 + 1 + 1 = 3.

Edited by firefly333

33 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Assuming your accounts are linked he will share your status.

Its 3 pts per day solo in a JS or higher. 

Be sure to remove him before you sail or you wouldnt get the extra solo pt. Personally I hate the term double, lazy math confuses people. 1 + 1 + 1 = 3.

What do you mean, remove him?  we haven't booked yet so when I do book it would be just me.?

thnx

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, runner2013 said:

Hi all, 

I need some assistance regarding reaching diamond level on my next cruise. Here's the situation.  My hubby and I are 6 points away from reaching diamond level.  Originally, we were going to do a short 3-day trip in a suite to get the points needed. He now has a chance to go skiing out west, which has been on his bucket list forever, and wants to skip the cruise.  I still plan on going alone. Since I'll be solo I know I'll get the double points I need to reach diamond. My question is this: because we're married, will my DH ALSO get those 6 points and become diamond when the cruise is over?  Or will he stay at his current point level but get the diamond status because i'll have it? 

Greatly appreciate any input. 

Have you both done all of your RCI cruises together?  If so this should work.   If you have less points than him, it won’t work.  My wife is linked to me and her points show the same as

mine on our end.   But they aren’t and if she cruised alone it would do is no good for points since I am the one with the higher points and my points wouldn’t increase.   Behind the scenes in the computer, they know the difference in each persons point totals, and only will add points to you and not him.   But if you each have the same amount of points, then it doesn’t matter.   You would then have more points, you would reach diamond, and he would get your status as a spouse.   

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, runner2013 said:

What do you mean, remove him?  we haven't booked yet so when I do book it would be just me.?

thnx

Ok I was confused since above you mentioned 2 pts per night, not 3 pts .. thought he was booked. Have to be booked solo is all I meant to get the extra solo loyalty pt.

• Like 1

Your scenario would work. Lots of people actually just sent one spouse on lots of cruises to get the extra points. Then both spouses enjoy the tier level.  There’s nothing wrong with this option. At this point, it is perfectly “legal“ as couples share the same tier level 

m

I'm Diamond, haven't sailed RCCL since 2018 (but now booked Odyssey) and usually sail NCL (Platinum) but I'm honestly asking why you would take a cruise just to reach the Diamond status.

I don't really see any perk in being Diamond with exception of maybe getting into a lounge. Diamond on RCCL doesn't even get you a free specialty meal.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, js said:

I don't really see any perk in being Diamond with exception of maybe getting into a lounge. Diamond on RCCL doesn't even get you a free specialty meal.

4 free drinks/day up to $15.  Could be worth up to $840 per couple on a 7 day cruise.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

4 free drinks/day up to $15.  Could be worth up to $840 per couple on a 7 day cruise.

Thank you. I actually JUST NOW found that out on another thread and someone sent me the C&A benefits. My dh told me last night it was 4 for the cruise, not daily each, which now has me questioning if my dh needs a drink package, but guessing I will need to get for him since I am the drinker 

between the two of us. My dh could use the 4-8 drink coupons a day for his beer and occasional bloody mary but I thought if I had the package, he will need to purchase. Is this correct?
Thank you.

1 hour ago, runner2013 said:

thnx

I think the confusion was you were going to book a suite and now you are presumably booking a standard cabin?

12 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I think the confusion was you were going to book a suite and now you are presumably booking a standard cabin?

Sorry to hijack... you asked me if I'd seen all of cozumel .. I thought I had. Booked a excursion last night that goes to a bee colony. Bees are stingerless... surprised it's on cozumel. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, js said:

I'm Diamond, haven't sailed RCCL since 2018 (but now booked Odyssey) and usually sail NCL (Platinum) but I'm honestly asking why you would take a cruise just to reach the Diamond status.

Personally I love the free wifi. You can use your free day, then your wife can use hers later in the trip. 

Free specialty coffee in the lounge and their breakfast spread is also nice. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Sorry to hijack... you asked me if I'd seen all of cozumel .. I thought I had. Booked a excursion last night that goes to a bee colony. Bees are stingerless... surprised it's on cozumel. 

Glad you have found something new. We haven’t actually done that - I was waiting until I had grandkids with us so let us know how it goes.

It is out on transversal - not sure if it is part of Pueblo del Maiz or independent, next door. There have been several Mayan cultural sites developed in recent years for those looking for something other than beaches.

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

Glad you have found something new. We haven’t actually done that - I was waiting until I had grandkids with us so let us know how it goes.

It is out on transversal - not sure if it is part of Pueblo del Maiz or independent, next door. There have been several Mayan cultural sites developed in recent years for those looking for something other than beaches.

I've wanted to do twister, ever since carnival bought it but now rcl offers it with a beach break. Lol I dont own a bathing suit, but signed up for it, though it's not on cozumel,,but that stop. Doing that may 6 on mariner. 25% off .. missed the 30% off. I really just wanted twister lol. 

The bees are combined with chocolate and tequila tasting I'm good with. I'm a kid at heart. Doesnt actually say where we go to see these bees. Its booked nov 26, so very soon. I bet your grands would like it except for the tequila. Idk. Something new.

Take a part in a Tequila tasting and learn about the making of this traditional Mexican beverage. Head towards the Mayan Bee Sanctuary and discover the importance the sacred stingless Melipona Bees had in the Mayan culture. Open your eyes to a new landscape surrounded by lush vegetation and a small cenote as the bees interact in their natural space. Not only are Melipona bees essential for the pollination of crops and environmental balance but also key to Mayan traditions and beliefs. Learn about the benefits and properties of the bee’s marvelous golden liquid in its different presentations as you enjoy a small tasting.

Duration
4hr

• Like 2

3 hours ago, js said:

Thank you. I actually JUST NOW found that out on another thread and someone sent me the C&A benefits. My dh told me last night it was 4 for the cruise, not daily each, which now has me questioning if my dh needs a drink package, but guessing I will need to get for him since I am the drinker 

between the two of us. My dh could use the 4-8 drink coupons a day for his beer and occasional bloody mary but I thought if I had the package, he will need to purchase. Is this correct?
Thank you.

With 4 free drinkscesch every dsy, just pay fir thr vouple drinks you go above that.  Cheaper than buying the package.

54 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

With 4 free drinkscesch every dsy, just pay fir thr vouple drinks you go above that.  Cheaper than buying the package.

Hey Ken, did you down your four drinks right before you typed that or did autocorrect go crazy?🤪🤣

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Personally I love the free wifi. You can use your free day, then your wife can use hers later in the trip. 

Free specialty coffee in the lounge and their breakfast spread is also nice. 

Thank ypu. Without our kids and parents with us the wifi may be good even though we like to disconnect on a cruise. Looking forward to trying lounge. 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thank you. My dh may do that. We will have 8 tickets a day. However I want the alcohol package sonot sure if he doesnt need to get. 

2 minutes ago, js said:

Thank ypu. Without our kids and parents with us the wifi may be good even though we like to disconnect on a cruise. Looking forward to trying lounge. 

Thank you. My dh may do that. We will have 8 tickets a day. However I want the alcohol package sonot sure if he doesnt need to get. 

If you call you can get the drinks package and get DH the refreshment package.  He needs to get something.  Can't do on line.  

8 minutes ago, akcruz said:

If you call you can get the drinks package and get DH the refreshment package.  He needs to get something.  Can't do on line.  

Oh wow! I wasnt aware but this is fabulous news! Thank you so much!

3 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Are you getting off the ship at all?

Yes we will. However, I will still be getting the alcohol package but my dh may not now and he can use the vouvhers and get the soda package. 

Thank you both!