Amex new offer

destar

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

I don't have it. (Blue card) 😢

It might be a targeted offer. I recently paid a final payment for a cruise in March using Amex. They might be sending the offer as a bait. I will bite into it and use it for my Alaska cruise in May. 

it's definitely targeted. if you have ever used an amex card for an NCL charge, even if it was only a few dollars, you'll likely get the offer. they may also target the travel segment, so if you regularly use your amex card for airline tickets or hotels, or other cruise lines, you also might be targeted.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, UKstages said:

it's definitely targeted. if you have ever used an amex card for an NCL charge, even if it was only a few dollars, you'll likely get the offer. they may also target the travel segment, so if you regularly use your amex card for airline tickets or hotels, or other cruise lines, you also might be targeted.

Feel like it would be the other way around, to entice new customers. 

6 hours ago, destar said:

Just received an offer from Amex gold card, spend $1000 direct with NCL and get $200 credit. Offer must be added to card 1st, and redeem by 12/29/23.

got it  on my free amex.

plus also had an offer for carnival

thx

Edited by fstuff1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, CookieShip said:

Feel like it would be the other way around, to entice new customers. 

perhaps.

but people do report repeatedly getting the offer, even after they’ve used the offer.

(also, just because you’ve never made an NCL charge on an amex card doesn’t mean you’re not an NCL customer.  a lot of people use the BOA NCL Mastercard for their NCL purchases, for instance.)

10 hours ago, UKstages said:

Like I said, I do not have it. And I have in the past used it not only for NCL offers (including the last cruise we were on), but also for other cruise lines. And I had an NCL charge for what we spent over our OBC on our cruise last summer.

I'll keep looking, but it's not on my Gold card or my Cash Magnet card. I've been with Amex for over 20 years, and all I see right now is the Carnival offer 😞 I've just put a down payment plus upgraded Free at Sea and bought soda packages for my kids on an upcoming NCL cruise, all on my Gold card, and final payment is later this month, meaning I would qualify if I got this offer.

After years of reading about US cards being given this offer, hubby and I finally received one in June on our (Canadian) Aeroplan (Air Canada reward program) branded card. We were more than happy to take advantage.

We don't have an offer for NCL currently but last week we were given an offer from Oceana so hope we will see another NCL offer in the future. 

I just received it yesterday on my AMEX Platinum Card. I have also received offers in the past but I did not receive the last one a few weeks ago however I received one for HAL. I have no idea how they choose who and when you receive the offer.

4 hours ago, UKstages said:

which amex card do you hold? 

certain affinity cards, such as the hilton amex, are believed to be exempt.

I will agree with this (certain cards are exempt).  I have Amex Delta, Hilton and Bonvoy and have never seen an NCL offer on any.

10 minutes ago, Mike A said:

I just received it yesterday on my AMEX Platinum Card. I have also received offers in the past but I did not receive the last one a few weeks ago however I received one for HAL. I have no idea how they choose who and when you receive the offer.

Thanks.  I have two cruises booked for May.  Hoping another offer pops up before final payment.  😃

1 hour ago, Russiamomm said:

Has anyone who got the last offer (6-8 weeks ago) gotten another one?  I already used the last one and would love another one!

The last offer I received and used was last December, $350 credit when you spend $1000

9 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

Thanks.  I have two cruises booked for May.  Hoping another offer pops up before final payment.  😃

Try making a small payment using your Amex card, you might get targeted. I recently did final payment 2 weeks ago, and received offer yesterday.

Edited by destar