Can you cancel Club Orange?

DaveOKC

On 11/14/2023 at 12:10 PM, cbr663 said:

If you booked a non-refundable deposit, then no, CO is not refundable.  

I booked our upcoming cruise in July with a final payment due 3 weeks later in Aug.  I booked a non-refundable deposit as I didn't see any value of paying more for a refundable deposit for 3 weeks duration.  I purchased CO and was able to upgrade to the cabin that I wanted.

Upon receiving the invoice from HAL I was surprised to see under the Cancellation Fees Schedule that Cancellation Fees that began the date of the booking were for the CO charges.  No one explained this to me when booking using a non-refundable deposit.

I can also confirm that I have also cancelled a cruise with a refundable deposit and CO and the CO costs were also refunded along with my other deposits.

I have read on CC that some people who have CO have been successful getting additional OBC when no upgrade in their cabin is available.  You may want to consider that approach.  

I didn’t notice this thread when I asked the same question.  I was looking to book CO but was told it was non refundable, yet the deposit is refundable.   So I declined to book until it’s clarified. 

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

• Like 1

Club Orange can be canceled and refunded as long as you booked with a refundable deposit and that you are canceling prior to when Penalties begin. Club Orange becomes part of the Cruise Fare and follows all cancellation penalties. Once you are are the start of penalties it still can be canceled but with the Penalty schedule. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Depends on if you have it booked with a refundable or non-refundable deposit.

The CO charge forms a part of your original cruise deposit so if your original cruise deposit was non-refundable and you add CO then no, it will not be refundable.  If your original cruise deposit was refundable then yes, it will be refundable under the normal conditions for a refundable deposit.

I have a cruise leaving Saturday with CO with a non-refundable deposit and cancellation fees began the exact date of the booking and were the amount paid for CO.  I have also cancelled two cruises with refundable deposits and CO and in both cases the CO amounts were refunded.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, cbr663 said:

Depends on if you have it booked with a refundable or non-refundable deposit.

The CO charge forms a part of your original cruise deposit so if your original cruise deposit was non-refundable and you add CO then no, it will not be refundable.  If your original cruise deposit was refundable then yes, it will be refundable under the normal conditions for a refundable deposit.

I have a cruise leaving Saturday with CO with a non-refundable deposit and cancellation fees began the exact date of the booking and were the amount paid for CO.  I have also cancelled two cruises with refundable deposits and CO and in both cases the CO amounts were refunded.

That makes sense, yet today they told me it was non refundable even with a refundable deposit.

will have to get my TA to call again.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, saltshell said:

Had to cancel a cruise last minute due to a family medical emergency.  No refund on Orange club. 

That is a shame. Just like my deposit 

Hall love to take money but not refund.

sorry you had a medical emergency as one would think they would refund you.

just not good business practice 

52 minutes ago, bennybear said:

That makes sense, yet today they told me it was non refundable even with a refundable deposit.

Every time I have added CO, I have been told it's non refundable. That's on both refundable deposit bookings and bookings w/non refundable deposits.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

My understanding is that it is refundable if you cancel the entire cruise before the penalty period and booked with a refundable deposit.

That was my understanding too, in the details it says regular cancellation fees will apply.  

But today I was told the same as @Haljo1935    

IMG_3906.jpeg

• Thanks 2

You can probably remove CO if you haven't paid for it yet and taken the upgrade. Otherwise, you might be able to do something within 24 hours.

I'm pretty sure that once you are "in", you're in. The cancellation plan will cover you, but if you added Club Orange before paying for the CPP, you would get your refundable deposit back but not CO.

The exception would be if you upgrade to a Neptune Suite.

3 hours ago, POA1 said:

You can probably remove CO if you haven't paid for it yet and taken the upgrade. Otherwise, you might be able to do something within 24 hours.

I'm pretty sure that once you are "in", you're in. The cancellation plan will cover you, but if you added Club Orange before paying for the CPP, you would get your refundable deposit back but not CO.

The exception would be if you upgrade to a Neptune Suite.

I believe that you pay in full for Club Orange when you sign up for it. At least that has been my experience.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bennybear said:

I feel your pain.

Recently, I called the upgrade line to upsell my Vista booking. The guy (with the Texas accent) said 'not available'. Then, I asked about upgrading to B category by purchasing CO. He tells me that my veranda booking does not qualify. 

Huh! I have a Vista guarantee!!!! Oops, he was looking at the wrong file. What the...???

Anyway, I merely finished up with a SS upsell. Refused to give more money to HAL for CO or Neptune.

Don't trust anything those jokers tell you. Check out the black and white, or ask the folks on CC. 

As for a TA. I have a HAL TA called Angie. I get automated emails saying "I'm your TA. Contact me...". Recently, sent her a query. Nothing heard for the last week. So, HAL makes it hard to trust them or give them money.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2023 at 3:28 PM, saltshell said:

Had to cancel a cruise last minute due to a family medical emergency.  No refund on Orange club. 

So sorry. I’m assuming trip insurance would cover the CO as well as original cruise fare. I hope you had it.  

• Like 1