Ocean Medallion App - Part 4

Host CJSKIDS

Why is it i can log in to the app using the Booking number option but not with the User ID and Password option? I can log into the Website using the same User ID and Password so i know those are correct.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Why is it i can log in to the app using the Booking number option but not with the User ID and Password option? I can log into the Website using the same User ID and Password so i know those are correct.

The mysteries of the App malfunctions are not always known.  I would suggest resetting password and see if it doesn't sync up.  A long time back there were many reports of mismatches, but this was when App was fairly new.  It could be that you are out of sync.  How long have you been using the App?  Did you ever get in with ID/Pswd combination?

35 minutes ago, charliedalrymple said:

It seems they rolled out the Medallion app too quickly and are using real passengers as guinea pigs to work out the bugs in the system.  

No worries, they'll get them all straightened out just before they sunset it and roll out the "new and improved" version, no doubt developed by the same IT sadists that wrote the current one!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, charliedalrymple said:

It seems they rolled out the Medallion app too quickly and are using real passengers as guinea pigs to work out the bugs in the system.  

But, they had a 2-year break to make it work during the pandemic.

Apparently, even that,  wasn't enough time...

• Like 2

On 12/14/2023 at 6:39 PM, IndyKid said:

No worries, they'll get them all straightened out just before they sunset it and roll out the "new and improved" version, no doubt developed by the same IT sadists that wrote the current one!

They use contractors. That explains everything.

I got on this set of threads pretty late, and I don't want to sift through every post on this topic.  I realize how fun it is to trash any cruise line, but I haven't seen any formal public announcement from Princess or Carnival Corporation regarding plans to release a new app by a certain date.  As far as I can tell, all of the hoopla is being spread by vloggers who may be more interested in getting clicks than actually researching and verifying what they heard from another vlogger or passing along something that may have been 'floated' in a private meeting.

Has anyone actually seen an announcement from the cruise line to the public?  It's not on the web site and their news releases page.  I'm not saying it didn't happen and that maybe an announcement got pulled down but the only place where I've seen any kind of news release is from the vloggers.

Sometimes an email can be sent out prematurely before being reviewed by higher ups.  I would think if such an email went out promising something and threatening to stop service on an existing app including 'drop dead dates,' that follow-up emails usually follow.

I cruise on Princess in February, and I would have thought I'd have been notified that my current app will not work on my sailing.

Edited by Daniel A

2 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I got on this set of threads pretty late, and I don't want to sift through every post on this topic.  I realize how fun it is to trash any cruise line, but I haven't seen any formal public announcement from Princess or Carnival Corporation regarding plans to release a new app by a certain date.  As far as I can tell, all of the hoopla is being spread by vloggers who may be more interested in getting clicks than actually researching and verifying what they heard from another vlogger or passing along something that may have been 'floated' in a private meeting.

Has anyone actually seen an announcement from the cruise line to the public?  It's not on the web site and their news releases page.  I'm not saying it didn't happen and that maybe an announcement got pulled down but the only place where I've seen any kind of news release is from the vloggers.

If PCL were to issue a PR notice... and it could be doubtful... it would come when a new App is released.  Another "if" there.  They wouldn't want to acknowledge the existing App needs major overhaul.

Also, IMO, a lot of the root cause of issues is bad or corrupt data and a flashy new App won't fix that on its own.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

If PCL were to issue a PR notice... and it could be doubtful... it would come when a new App is released.  Another "if" there.  They wouldn't want to acknowledge the existing App needs major overhaul.

Also, IMO, a lot of the root cause of issues is bad or corrupt data and a flashy new App won't fix that on its own.

As I recall, when the Medallion Class app was first released, there was a lot of advance hype about the benefits of Princess' app.  I don't remember Princess waiting until it was actually released.

Again, I'm not saying it didn't happen, I just would like to see something more definitive than some vloggers or internet postings.

Edited by Daniel A

Just now, Daniel A said:

As I recall, when the Medallion Class app was first released, there was a lot of advance hype about the benefits of Princess' app.  I don't remember Princess waiting until it was actually released.

I view that as different because it was an evolutionary thing coming.  TBH, I don't recall how far in advance thry touted it.  They certainly touted the Medallion and technology, but not sp sure how far in advance of June 7, 2021, they pumped the App.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

For what it's worth, we just disembarked from the Caribbean Princess. Had zero issues with the app while on board. 

I will say, however, that the internet access via the wi-fi was sluggish at times.

Did CB have Starlink yet?

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

This was in the app store after the last update two weeks ago.

IMG_1138.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, memoak said:

Yeah well today is the 17th so early December has come and gone. Don’t hold your breath 

They're working to get all the glitchyness and bugs perfected. You'll be getting driven nuts in due time...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, t&atravel said:

This was in the app store after the last update two weeks ago.

IMG_1138.png

Thanks, I just looked it up in the Google Play Store and it wasn't Princess that posted the information there.  It was put up by Global Experience Innovators apparently the IT contractor for Princess.  I think they're the same people who botched the initial rollout of Medallion Class App.

Thanks again for posting that screenshot.  It looks like Global Experience Innovators jumped the gun (or the shark) again!  🥱  I suspect Princess is keeping their powder dry until they're satisfied it won't be the same mess as last time.

• Haha 1

Screenshot(35).thumb.png.eb5dcc13c4fc3780c54153ad4863cae8.pngI took a second look at the Google Play Store listing, and it appears that on November 28, they posted an update, where they removed the new Princess App information.  This screenshot was taken from the very bottom of the page.  It appears that Global Experience Innovators tried to remove the original 'Coming Soon' description, but the change was merely added to the end of the listing, keeping the original statements at the top of the page.

Edited by Daniel A
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

....It was put up by Global Experience Innovators apparently the IT contractor for Princess.  I think they're the same people who botched the initial rollout of Medallion Class App. 

And what did good 'ol Al Einstein say was the definition of insanity?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Our recent issue is we have a cruise booked for 4/25 but we can't seem to get access to it on the Medallion.  It's not too early, I don't think because we also have one booked for 2/25 and that is listed on the Medallion.  I tried to get the Web Version but that is where I get the error message. 
What gives?  Anyone else run into this issue.

Trying to get the app to take my credit card. You think it would be easy. I think it is because we had the same card on a cruise we cancelled. I have been on hold with Princess for a long time trying to get them to fix it. They ended up ending the call and asking me to do a survey when they didn't do anything. Funny. I will give it a day or two to see if they fix it. I guess I can get a new credit card but that wouldn't be ideal especially if I have to do it every cruise.

Edited by desertdwellingsailor
update