Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Next major latitude to cross is  The Tropic of Capricorn. Maybe cross that line at a more decent hour in the afternoon so the Captain can do something more special there then he did crossing the equator.

They will do the "crossing the line" King Neptune ceremony for crossing the equator on our next sea day, which is January 27th.  The Cruise Director (Joff) mentioned it today and I think I saw it in the app for the afternoon of the 27th. So, all the new shellbacks can feel "official" then.  🙂

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, LadyZolt said:

They will do the "crossing the line" King Neptune ceremony for crossing the equator on our next sea day, which is January 27th.  The Cruise Director (Joff) mentioned it today and I think I saw it in the app for the afternoon of the 27th. So, all the new shellbacks can feel "official" then.  🙂

Sounds like fun

image.png.ef3d516b72bd8b6c9c44e2c9dcc7ebf5.png

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, LadyZolt said:

Yay!!  I’ll be on board for that!

• Like 6

8 hours ago, island lady said:

OK...just walked down to deck six Safari club to check on the pool table situation.  The one on the right is still broken..as the sign states... and has been since we boarded.  The one on the left...has been in this "odd" position since yesterday.   I don't think I would want to try putting a set up on that surface.  😄 

20231225_130247.jpg

20231225_130255.jpg

A little pathetic but too funny!  Merry Christmas 🎄 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Anytime I get to here the horn blow is good with me.

When we used to live 3 miles away from PC on Merritt Island, we would hear the ship's horns almost every day.  Got us itching go go, even when we were not leaving on one.  😉 

• Like 1

Not what you would call a pretty port area, and in fact not even allowed to walk on the pier.  Required to take a shuttle bus just to get to the terminal.  From there you board tour buses, or other transports.  

Nothing very close by.  

Tours they offered did not interest us, and heard too many stories of crime (pick pocket, bag snatching) here to make it worth it for us to go into town or the big shopping mall.  Not a city girl.  

20231226_080347.jpg

20231226_080332.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, island lady said:

When we used to live 3 miles away from PC on Merritt Island, we would hear the ship's horns almost every day.  Got us itching go go, even when we were not leaving on one.  😉 

I guess I didn't realize that you are no longer living on Merritt Island !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I guess I didn't realize that you are no longer living on Merritt Island !

When we retired, we started traveling a lot...and in fact now we are gone more than we are home.  Was no reason to keep the big house on the water with the pool, small orchard, big dock, boats, etc.  Too much upkeep.  

Happy to have sold the Merritt Island house and bought a small house in a gated community, but still only 20 minutes to PC.  No more worries about the home when we are gone.  😉 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Brazil already ?  Boy, you guys are making big moves !  How awesome though...Brazil.  I'm very envious.

Eh...not so much for us here...though I am sure others are enjoying Fortaleza today.  We have a nice long tour booked for the next stop in Recife though.  And with fresh clean clothes to wear.  😄 😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Sooo...decided it would be a good day for laundry.  Sent out very stuffed bag of "boil and fry" and did my usual "beat the clothes against a rock in the stream" hand wash.  😄   

20231226_080051.jpg

I was sitting here looking at this picture shocked (shocked, I say!) and thought you were hanging those from the sprinklers. Then I realized that you were using a cruise hack 😛🤦‍♂️

58 minutes ago, jakeil7 said:

I was sitting here looking at this picture shocked (shocked, I say!) and thought you were hanging those from the sprinklers. Then I realized that you were using a cruise hack 😛🤦‍♂️

Huh?  🤔

I have been using my ceiling magnet hooks for hanging my hand wash laundry for years now.  Have posted my laundry method pictures online with CC over the years as well.  😉   Works well for me on our longer cruises.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

I have been using my ceiling magnet hooks for hanging my hand wash laundry for years now.  Have posted my laundry method pictures online with CC over the years as well.  😉   Works well for me on our longer cruises.  

Someone had to be the first one to do this and post it on CC, and you have my vote😇. since I learned it from you a long time ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Huh?  🤔

I think Jake thought like I did at first glance that you had those hung from the sprinklers.  In the old days, I think there was an entirely different hack to stick a hanger in the sprinkler to allow you to smoke in the cabin? Your picture resembled that, at first glance.  Like the Christmas shirt!

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

I think Jake thought like I did at first glance that you had those hung from the sprinklers.  In the old days, I think there was an entirely different hack to stick a hanger in the sprinkler to allow you to smoke in the cabin? Your picture resembled that, at first glance.  Like the Christmas shirt!

I suppose only Jake knows what Jake was thinking.  😉  

But when he said he realized I was using a cruise hack...LOL....I guess I hacked myself.  😄 

• Haha 2

On 12/24/2023 at 7:33 PM, island lady said:

The so called "British Finest" Beetle tribute had the most lackluster audience I have ever seen.  Me for one.  They tried...but IMHO...did not make the cut.  Oh well.  Some probably enjoyed it.  

One strange thing that happened...as we were walking down to our seats before the show...Etta May was talking to another couple.  I quickly thanked her for the great show.  She totally surprised me with telling me she thought she did a horrible job.  And was quite upset at it, saying she hated the new program she brought out.  OK...left her to her conversation with the couple.  

Spotted her later down front during the show on her own.  Was able to make my way down to see her.  Sat with her for a bit, put my arm around her and assured her that her show was fantastic, I loved it and thought she was a wonderful comic.  She actually had tears in her eyes.  Such a wonderful lady!  Glad I had the chance to meet her in person.  🙂 

Late show was better😉

• Like 1

On 12/25/2023 at 2:18 PM, orville99 said:

Instead, they sailed us from Miami to LA and back so we could watch them try to cover up all the broken stuff with band aids and spit😥

I think they did a fine job prepping her, but I now have an odd banging in cabin. Statt is still looking for source

On 12/25/2023 at 2:34 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Missing the port stop the other day did make the equator crossing earlier than expected.   Maybe they did do something at pool deck or Centrum we haven't heard about yet.  

I think they intended to cross exactly when they did. 1400+ pre printed certificates 

• Like 4

I decided to do a little digging.  Fortaleza is HUGE.  It dwarf's Miami's 56 square miles and 450K population, though this I think it just within the city limits.  Fortaleza is 120 square miles and 2.7 MILLION people.  If you include the surrounding counties of Miami, then you'd have a similar population base, but still, that's a MAJOR metropolitan area.  Chicago has 2.6 million. for scale.

Before this, I've never heard of the city before.

• Like 1