Dress code

15 minutes ago, cdn.cruiser said:

I couldn’t find this topic but I’m sure it has been discussed.

do men need to wear long pants to dinner?

can they wear nice jeans? Or nice shorts?

this is for wonder of the seas in February.

thank you.

You'll get a lot of opinions on this, but the answer is as long as they aren't wearing swimsuits and aren't wet...they can eat.   Me and my son wore shorts and tshirts to every single meal. 

• Like 3

Hello fellow Canuck.  If you said you searched and didn't find anything, I'm shocked - it's a very common question.   What I find helpful is to actually google it , and not use the Cruise Critic (CC) search - most of the time it will link you to the CC thread that will answer your question. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The only attire that might get you turned away is if you look like you just came from the pool or gym. Even that is 50/50.

I remember that lady who was dressed master slave and wore that see thru chain "dress". At the time they wouldnt allow see thru either. .. though on allure I saw see thru ladies pants. A lady tapped me on the shoulder and pointed to a lady at customer service counter. Said am I seeing what I think. This see thru red gauze pants. Yep. But wasnt at dinner. The red color disguised it a bit you could see right thru.

1 hour ago, alfaeric said:

As long as they are covered, you will be let in. Just got off a ship where I wore shorts twice and nobody noticed. 

Oh trust me, some people noticed and were absolutely abhorred by it. If you just got off the ship, someone will be posting here soon ranting about it. 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Oh trust me, some people noticed and were absolutely abhorred by it. If you just got off the ship, someone will be posting here soon ranting about it. 

Their heads would have already blown up, given what everyone else was wearing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Chops and 150 may request long pants.  But I've worn and seen others wear nice golf shorts or dress shorts. in both places. Dress Up nights most men were long pants.

I have worn shorts countless times in Chops and 150 CP on numerous ships. I was in Chops last week on dress your best night and the majority of men were in shorts, although there were men (and women) who were dressed very nicely. 

• Like 2

May I enter the MDR or buffet without shoes or footwear?

May I be allowed to put my feet on a table? With our without footwear? 

Have experienced this on ships and ship staff would see it and not say a word. These are very serious issues.

Tank tops are no-nos. What about ladies who are in a string bathing suit? Or topless on the pool deck?

SMH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I remember that lady who was dressed master slave and wore that see thru chain "dress". 

Ohhh yeah,  I remember that one, and had to go dig this picture up for those who might have missed it (it was posted on a 2019 CC thread about "Wear Your Best") - her Husband made it for her 😉

image.png.005028881821b41d40d7b36fbe93dae5.png

(I chose not to post the rear view, but it's as you can imagine LOL)

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Would this be turned away:

image.thumb.png.2f0c63c3b7b521d2b656cd910fb6a736.png

BTW:  That question is for those who think shorts in the MDR or elsewhere is abhorrent.

Compare to the lady in the chains, totally acceptable. Nothing wrong with his outfit. The only thing I can say is his pants are a little short. LOL

Edited by asctony
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

Ohhh yeah,  I remember that one, and had to go dig this picture up for those who might have missed it (it was posted on a 2019 CC thread about "Wear Your Best") - her Husband made it for her 😉

image.png.005028881821b41d40d7b36fbe93dae5.png

(I chose not to post the rear view, but it's as you can imagine LOL)

Seems appropriate attire for Egyptian Night

• Like 1
  • Haha 1