Surcharges for drinks in Retreat Lounge

TrueCruiseaholic

1 hour ago, 81Zoomie said:

@ito717, could you tell us what they offered you instead of the Decoy?

Listening to this as I did not find a suitable Cab that was priced less than Decoy...

IMHO Decoy is a starting point and then you go to Gingrich Hills or FreeMark Abbey for $25.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

That would be a disappointment.  Are they trying to chase people away from the Retreat?

But my point is why do you have to go outside of the retreat to get a decent glass of wine?  Does that not defeat the point of the Retreat?

To be fair the choice of alcohol available in the Retreat really is disappointing on our current cruise. There really is nothing 'top shelf' about it at all. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Moby Jones said:

To be fair the choice of alcohol available in the Retreat really is disappointing on our current cruise. There really is nothing 'top shelf' about it at all. 

I guess the only way Celebrity management will understand is if people stop paying for their suites and go elsewhere.  I am guessing they have had a ton of feedback on this yet they have chosen to make no corrections. Less services in the rooms, less alcohol in the lounge etc. The benefits are disappearing rapidly. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, High on the Seas said:

I guess the only way Celebrity management will understand is if people stop paying for their suites and go elsewhere.  I am guessing they have had a ton of feedback on this yet they have chosen to make no corrections. Less services in the rooms, less alcohol in the lounge etc. The benefits are disappearing rapidly. 

I just wrote LBH to express my displeasure with several of the current policies. Occasionally, X backtracks, as with cookiegate.  

Edited by 81Zoomie

6 minutes ago, 81Zoomie said:

I just wrote LBH to express my displeasure with several of the current policies. Occasionally, X backtracks, as with cookiegate.  

I did the same. Seems like they are betting people love the overall Retreat/ Suite product enough that the will keep coming back even with these ridiculous upcharges. Unfortunately I paid in full before the latest debacle or I would have moved on already. Too many options that are a step above now. 

We will continue to book suites but just for our music charter , will book rccl suites or MSc yacht club for other cruises. Doubt we will spend much time in retreat if my wife can’t get a decent glass of wine , we don’t mind paying extra for what we want. 

15 minutes ago, High on the Seas said:

I did the same. Seems like they are betting people love the overall Retreat/ Suite product enough that the will keep coming back even with these ridiculous upcharges. Unfortunately I paid in full before the latest debacle or I would have moved on already. Too many options that are a step above now. 

We downgraded from a SS to a SV, where we get the same cabin service and Room Service as we would get in a SS.
 I can pay a upcharge for a decent glass of wine in any venue so no reason to go to the Lounge.  

We don’t go to Luminae for breakfast or lunch (except embarkation day lunch) and have dinner in Laminae about  2-3 nights in a 7 night sailing.  

The thing we will miss most is the Sun Deck and having lunch at the bar on the Sun Deck.  But that and a larger cabin isn’t worth the 10k+ we saved.

• Like 4

On 12/23/2023 at 5:07 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:
On 12/23/2023 at 3:05 PM, drakes2 said:

Aperol Spritzers are my go to summer cocktail nice and refreshing with an orange wheel and topped with sparkling water however, I thought it was on the premium package. They make them very weak on all the cruise ships, taste nothing like what I make at home. 

18 hours ago,  HMR74 said: 

I discovered Aperol Spritz in a vacation to Greece and Italy this past spring and most of those were $10 or less but it's on premium package: hopefully not a surcharge

Last April it was extra $1.20 for a Aperol Spitzer , and every bar made it differently 🤣

What if you order a glass of Prosecco, a shot of Aperol, a Pellegrino with lime or orange slices, and an empty glass?   😉

• Like 1

We are on the Edge and last night in Luminae all we could get for PDK were very low end wines. The only Pino available was Castle Rock which we can buy for $10 a bottle. In the retreat lounge they have a list of wines, mostly low-end ones, that they can offer. Nothing not on the list can be served to us. Also in lounge no premium bottled water or Vitamin waters are available.  This will be it for us with Celebrity. 

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

We are on the Edge and last night in Luminae all we could get for PDK were very low end wines. The only Pino available was Castle Rock which we can buy for $10 a bottle. In the retreat lounge they have a list of wines, mostly low-end ones, that they can offer. Nothing not on the list can be served to us. Also in lounge no premium bottled water or Vitamin waters are available.  This will be it for us with Celebrity. 

Forgot to add, we are in a SS and the bottle of sparkling wine that greeted us in our cabin was some swill with a screw top. I asked our room attendant if we could exchange it for a better one and was told it was the only wine they could give us.  We paid over $12,000 and they give us a $6 bottle of sparkling wine. Celebrity has sunk to a new low!!!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Northern Aurora said:

Thank you so much for posting.  Are these wines priced $17 and under?

yes that is the Premium wine list. Here is the list of Elevated wines:

image.thumb.png.278ed0e360276cf079119d4823c3d133.png

Edited by terrydtx

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

No champagne?  No M. Haslinger & Fils which is showing on the Ascent wine list for $17. 

That is the Premium DP list in Luminae currently on the Edge. The prosecco is the only sparkling wine. IMO this list is ridiculous. 

• Like 4

So with all the complaints, the $19 wines are now $23. Talk about screwing us over. 

I didn't associate the fact that the ship is in Australia with the higher prices.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU
Misunderstanding

1 minute ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

So with all the complaints, the $19 wines are now $23. Talk about screwing us over. 

Edge prices in Australia where they add the 20% gratuity into the price.

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

Forgot to add, we are in a SS and the bottle of sparkling wine that greeted us in our cabin was some swill with a screw top. I asked our room attendant if we could exchange it for a better one and was told it was the only wine they could give us.  We paid over $12,000 and they give us a $6 bottle of sparkling wine. Celebrity has sunk to a new low!!!

We didn’t even get a welcome bottle to f bubbly on our last cruise.

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

He's on a sailing where gratuities are included.

I was about to post that, yes all wine and liquors have to include gratuities in the price for cruises sailing from Australia. But with that the Elevated wines are still above PDP price.

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We are in the Iconic on Beyond in 2 weeks. If it’s the same there I might drop by the lounge when the retreat hosts are working, call our butler and have a vitamin water and bottle of Evian delivered to us in the club…..

Terry any decent Scotch in the Retreat?

Where do you have to go to get water for your SS if you can’t get it in the Retreat

News Flash Celebrity Cruises to install luxury water fountains in the suite guest only Retreat Lounge………

cheers 

Edited by Joker54

23 minutes ago, Joker54 said:

We are in the Iconic on Beyond in 2 weeks. If it’s the same there I might drop by the lounge when the retreat hosts are working, call our butler and have a vitamin water and bottle of Evian delivered to us in the club…..

Terry any decent Scotch in the Retreat?

Where do you have to go to get water for your SS if you can’t get it in the Retreat

News Flash Celebrity Cruises to install luxury water fountains in the suite guest only Retreat Lounge………

cheers 

I think they still have the regular bottle water just not the premium.Feel sorry for those have premium drink packages.

For me I use coffee Al Bacio for my premium water supply.

Edited by verizon
  • Haha 1