Documents

lrk

You're going to want to print them. At least your boarding pass. They ask for it and want it in physical form.

It's also what they use to markup (stamp, initial, etc) indicating you were screened and checked, ready for the next step and are okay to board.

Typically, hotels will have printers or at least print documents for you for free.

Just ask the front desk if you are staying at a hotel. That's what I just did on the cruise which I just got back from.

Edited by bg2310
  • Like 1

The documents have to be printed as it states on the documents themselves. Maybe one day Carnival will allow digital documents but not tomorrow. All you need is the boarding pass - the rest of the documents that print are not necessary.

Edited by mz-s

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

The documents have to be printed as it states on the documents themselves. Maybe one day Carnival will allow digital documents but not tomorrow. All you need is the boarding pass - the rest of the documents that print are not necessary.

Is that a US thing? A Carnival thing?

This past October I used electronic boarding passes to board the Royal Anthem of the Seas in Southampton.

6 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

This past October I used electronic boarding passes to board the Royal Anthem of the Seas in Southampton.

I don't know, does it really matter though?

55 minutes ago, shof515 said:

no need to print it out on physical paper 

at the terminal, there is workers there with a small portable printer that can print what you need to complete the check in process and board the ship

staff can scan the boarding pass (pdf) displayed on your phone.

i never print them out myself before embarkation.

Unless you're staying in a inexpensive hotel most hotels have business offices for people to print paper work. I cruise last July on Celebrity and I didn't see anyone using their phones to show the boarding pass. I know your luggage tags will have to be printer if you haven't done those. 

Airlines allow you to use your phones, my guess the cruise lines should be doing the same soon. 

Edited by Kudos2Fly

14 minutes ago, TreyB said:

Incorrect. 

Although I recommend printing the documents beforehand, Carnival can print them for you at the embarkation port. As long as you have your information available on a mobile device you are fine. 

What is incorrect about what I said? Answer: nothing. The documents have to be printed. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Carnival is way behind when it comes to technology. You can use the app with Royal but not Carnival. Hotels don't need anything printed, airlines don't need anything printed, other cruise lines don't need anything printed, but Carnival is still archaic. 

While I would certainly try to get them printed at your hotel, Carnival can and will facilitate printing them at the port. It will obviously slow you down a little. But I'm confident that every single day folks accidently show up without paper docs. It gets solved.

• Like 2

I once got to the port with 2 boarding passes printed on the same sheet of paper (front and back).  They did not like that and sent me to someone who reprinted them out on to separate sheets of paper.  Only took a couple of minutes.  I would think they would have done the same had I only had an electronic copy.