New Princess App available

iamaqt2

1 hour ago, Melbek said:

I was hoping they would add confirmation showing that you've purchased the Plus or Premium package, but it still isn't there. Every cruise I go through this, and it seems not a difficult thing for the app to just confirm somewhere that you have purchased a package.

On the home screen, to the right of BOOK DINING there is a PACKAGES screen.  When I click that it lists all the benefits of the Premier Package.  Only problem is, I have the PLUS package.  Should I quickly book my  SD before they fix that error?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OK, mostly good now that I am looking at the correct app...guys, look in the app store for the SQUARE Princess app, not the old round one with the white circle around it.  Once PacnGoNow pointed out the difference, I got it!
The only thing I don't like is that my incorrect Medallion orders (there are 3 ordered and cancelled for cruises that I cancelled.)  Although it shows "cancelled" for the incorrect ones I cannot delete them from the app.

Edited by suzyed

20 minutes ago, Sail away MK said:

On the home screen, to the right of BOOK DINING there is a PACKAGES screen.  When I click that it lists all the benefits of the Premier Package.  Only problem is, I have the PLUS package.  Should I quickly book my  SD before they fix that error?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DHP1 said:

Sorry for asking.  How will that work?  Your medallion becomes your credit card and if so, the store/business would have to have a special card reader similar in what they use on the ship. 

This feature has been in place for awhile now. Some shoreside merchants accept medallions as payment. It's been discussed on CC before -- you can do a search as I don't want to hijack this thread. But I think it's been in place for over a year at least. 

Edited by Paula_MacFan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Check your loyalty status on the new App.  Mine just corrected itself today.  

Is loyalty status only indicated by the medallion color on one's profile or does it show elsewhere? My medallion color is white, rather than the black that it should be.

1 minute ago, Sea Hag said:

Is loyalty status only indicated by the medallion color on one's profile or does it show elsewhere? My medallion color is white, rather than the black that it should be.

I think it is supposed to be the Seawitch color.  I have blue on white background.  I do not have a current booking, so am suspicious as to the reason because I have never had the wrong color up to last sailing.

Just now, Sea Hag said:

It’s white with a black seawitch if you’re going on the inaugural next cruise and you’re elite.

Mine is now black, white seawitch, and underneath it says Elite.

The other indication, would be in the medallion Net section and show the 50% discount.  Of course, on the website too.

2 hours ago, DHP1 said:

If someone has nothing to do today (lol), it would be nice if someone goes through everyone comments and record (create a master list) all the issues they are having regarding to this new app. 

I'm looking forward to YOUR post 😉

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I'm seeing it when I tap on the profile icon and order history. Both of ours are correct. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Melbek said:

I was hoping they would add confirmation showing that you've purchased the Plus or Premium package, but it still isn't there. Every cruise I go through this, and it seems not a difficult thing for the app to just confirm somewhere that you have purchased a package.

Have you looked under Profile -> Packages, mine show up there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

It’s white with a black seawitch if you’re going on the inaugural next cruise and you’re elite.

Mine is now black, white seawitch, and underneath it says Elite.

The other indication, would be in the medallion Net section and show the 50% discount.  Of course, on the website too.

Right under my photo is a white medallion with a blue seawitch. Doesn't say Elite.

52 minutes ago, jammy j said:

Well I downloaded it and get nothing but unavailable errors. Still trying. Do they not beta test before rolling out? Frustrating.

They’re testing it now and we are the testers. Lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I think it is supposed to be the Seawitch color.  I have blue on white background.  I do not have a current booking, so am suspicious as to the reason because I have never had the wrong color up to last sailing.

That's what I have - blue on white background. Oh well. 🙂

• Like 2

So far no one has posted about two separate voyages, different ships one day apart and how it is shown on both old and new app.  We both show as "Blue" but have been Elite for years.

Had originally booked Ruby Princess (4/2023), 4 booking #s, 23 Mar - 7 May.  Old app listed correctly.  Then booked Grand Princess (Aug 2023) B2B, 2 booking #s, 8 May - 22 May.  Old app  had combined the two cruises and now see that it is listed the same way on the new app.

New App shows My Voyage - 23 Mar - 22 May.  The Booking # is for 15 May (2nd week of the B2b)  on the Grand Princess and the cabin # is for the Grand Princess B2B.

On the new app, we both have  green check marks - Ready To Sail.  Did order Medallions for the Ruby Princess last April.

No dining reservation are available until 8 May and shore excursions only listed for 15 May cruise.

Oh yes - Crown Grill is listed for $63.

Plan to board in Fort Lauderdale (Ruby) and Vancouver (Grand) as if I have no smart phone or other smart device or access to internet. I had hoped that the new app would have recognized that two different cruises ships and start dates were not one voyage.

• Thanks 1