New Princess App available

iamaqt2

6 minutes ago, rhobbkf said:

The email comes from "Ocean Notifications".  It details your order and the tracking number.  Ours have always come via USPS. 

Thank you.  I hope you bear with me, this is my first Princess cruise with a medallion.  We as are just a few weeks away from our cruise. We are ocean ready, and have ordered our medallions.  

I have no idea what Ocean Notifications is . So I take that to mean that the day they ship the medallions, Princess will send an email to the email address that I provided.  It has nothing to do the app at all. Does that sound correct 

The email will come from notifications@ocean.com. Not Princess per se.  So be on the watch for that email!  Mine has never gone into junk or spam, but doesn't mean it couldn't end up there.

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 4.52.13 PM.png

• Thanks 1

Welcome to Princess.  People love to hate on the medallion and the app and forget that the cruise is the main event!  🙂  Personally, we love the medallion.  It's much nicer than having a lanyard around your neck.  Recently my husband thought he lost his medallion.  He went to guest services and they were able to tell him it was in our cabin.  LOL. Try THAT with a cruise card.  (He took a shower and forgot to put the watch band back on!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, rhobbkf said:

The email will come from notifications@ocean.com. Not Princess per se.  So be on the watch for that email!  Mine has never gone into junk or spam, but doesn't mean it couldn't end up there.

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 4.52.13 PM.png

Thank you.  That would be easy to overlook.

10 minutes ago, 2and2 said:

Thank you.  That would be easy to overlook.

When you ordered your Medallions, your email confirmation came from Ocean notifications also.

Yes, my first response, about shipping, should have had a comma.  Would have been a little clearer.

The medallions will come in a white bubble wrap envelope, with a blue sea witch.

Have a great cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I called Princess yesterday, and told them that their app was misidentifying me as GOLD when my membership is RUBY for the next cruise we have booked.  When I did my request for Medallions to be sent, the app recognized my wife's new RUBY status, but still had me as GOLD.  I placed the order anyway, but after thinking about it, I called.

The CSR at Princess took a look at my online page (where I am identified as RUBY) and then at my phone app settings and saw that it was showing me as GOLD.  She went ahead and canceled my Medallion orders, and placed a new order with me as RUBY, and confirmed it all.  She also noted that I have Princess Plus on that cruise, and I therefore shouldn't be charged the $10 delivery fees.  That's something else that the app missed, too,  I guess.  So she got all that corrected.

She said she also changed my status in the app.  But the app still is saying I'm GOLD.  Sigh.  I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, but no joy.  

I guess there's no way for me to confirm the other work she did to correct my Medallion.  Oh well...

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Cruising Forever! said:

She said she also changed my status in the app.  But the app still is saying I'm GOLD.  Sigh.  I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, but no joy.  

This probably won't help, but it has worked for me with other apps. Try dumping the cache for the app. That gets rid of stored images, which just might help.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

You may want to do some tidying up in your browser too.  Go to princess.com; click on the little figure beside the website (I tried to circle it on the attached screenshot); a Cookies and site data box should come up; click on that and choose to delete all the cookies and site data you may have accumulated.

Screenshot_20240125_151304_Chrome.jpg

Edited by d9704011
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Cruising Forever! said:

Not saying that this will work, but it may be worth a try.

I had something similar happen on Royal Caribbean, when I moved from Diamond tier to Diamond Plus.  Both the website and their app listed the correct points, but it wouldn’t update from D to D+.  I opened my profile on the website where the loyalty number is stored.  I edited the loyalty number by removing the last digit, then adding it back and saving it.  It immediately updated to the correct tier on both the website and the app.

Who knows, maybe they hired the same people to develop these databases.  Not sure why that would have initiated an update, but it did. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

You may want to do some tidying up in your browser too.  Go to princess.com; click on the little figure beside the website (I tried to circle it on the attached screenshot); a Cookies and site data box should come up; click on that and choose to delete all the cookies and site data you may have accumulated.

Screenshot_20240125_151304_Chrome.jpg

I don’t have that little figure beside the website on my IPad. 

54 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

I don’t have that little figure beside the website on my IPad. 

Naturally... it's Apple so everything becomes more complicated/secret with the Safari browser.  It's not too difficult though; consult the attached instructions to delete cookies and data for a specific website.  I tried it on my wife's ipad and had no problem getting all the (substantial) Princess stuff out of there.

https://www.lifewire.com/remove-cookies-and-web-history-on-ipad-4103801

• Like 1

On 1/22/2024 at 1:57 PM, rhobbkf said:

Personally, we love the medallion.  It's much nicer than having a lanyard around your neck.  Recently my husband thought he lost his medallion.  He went to guest services and they were able to tell him it was in our cabin.  LOL. Try THAT with a cruise card.  (He took a shower and forgot to put the watch band back on!)

It's protocol for GS to help you find the Medallion because it costs them more money each time one replaced.  The Medallions cost more than cruise cards.  Each time a Medallion is replaced it costs Princess money.  This was the reasoning GS gave me when I asked for my Medallion to be replaced because of a dead battery.  GS personnel asked me three times if I was sure that my cabin door wouldn't unlock and then proceeded to test my Medallion's efficacy on one of their tablets for 2 minutes, checking to see if it would register.  Cruise cards cost cents to replace.

1 hour ago, SCX22 said:

It's protocol for GS to help you find the Medallion because it costs them more money each time one replaced.  The Medallions cost more than cruise cards.  Each time a Medallion is replaced it costs Princess money.  This was the reasoning GS gave me when I asked for my Medallion to be replaced because of a dead battery.  GS personnel asked me three times if I was sure that my cabin door wouldn't unlock and then proceeded to test my Medallion's efficacy on one of their tablets for 2 minutes, checking to see if it would register.  Cruise cards cost cents to replace.

They just went ahead and tested mine and then replaced it. They did not question me about whether I was sure.

I currently have access to both the old and new apps.  Everything was fine until today.  We are on Enchanted B2B2B beginning 2-6.  First leg we have assigned cabin, 2nd a guarantee and 3rd assigned.  Now new app shows our 2-6 cabin in the cabin assigned for the 3rd leg.  Old app is correct.  All our specialty reservations are messed up.  2 for each leg and additional 360 for 2nd leg.  What a mess.  I'm afraid to cancel the incorrect venues in case I can't get into the ones I wanted.  I'll try and get this corrected at guest services.  Tried correcting on chat feature but every time my turn came up and asked me if I still needed help and I replied yes-it restarted and I went to the bottom of the line.

I do like the new app but hope they get the kinks worked out.  

The chat feature is of extremely limited value. There are to many incidences of people getting disconnected, and bounced back down the que when they finally do get a chat agent. First question I always ask is "what country are you currently located in?". 

1 hour ago, candy4040 said:

I currently have access to both the old and new apps.  Everything was fine until today.  We are on Enchanted B2B2B beginning 2-6.  First leg we have assigned cabin, 2nd a guarantee and 3rd assigned.  Now new app shows our 2-6 cabin in the cabin assigned for the 3rd leg.  Old app is correct.  All our specialty reservations are messed up.  2 for each leg and additional 360 for 2nd leg.  What a mess.  I'm afraid to cancel the incorrect venues in case I can't get into the ones I wanted.  I'll try and get this corrected at guest services.  Tried correcting on chat feature but every time my turn came up and asked me if I still needed help and I replied yes-it restarted and I went to the bottom of the line.

This will be my first app and medallion cruise.  I think you should phone call Princess and try to get your cruise all straightened out, especially the correct room numbers.  I gave up using both apps and I phoned in everything and then later used the laptop to verify what we talked about.  Maybe use the laptop version now to see if you are seeing the same problems you see on the apps.

5 hours ago, candy4040 said:

If the website bookings show the correct cabin numbers…then you ARE fine.  No need to see GS.

Your DMW may also be okay.  Is it okay on the website version of the App?  You can go to the cruise personalizer in the website…click on the cruise…check in…see the blue hyperlink under the Google Ad…it says Try our website version.  Go there and ….
You will see Dine my Way….see if that is correct.  I usually use my booking number to get into the website version.

If it is wrong, you would call the dine line in your cabin to check them or fix them when you board, not GS.

The App has been going through constant changes and things have  been changed, but yours may be still okay.  But, these errors and glitches have lasted 2 years now.🥴

Edited by PacnGoNow

On 1/21/2024 at 1:52 PM, Cruise Raider said:

Actually, it no longer is working.  I kept it but nothing will display.  But thanks for sharing what should have been a possible solution.  

I am still able to access our upcoming cruise with the old app.

34 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

I am still able to access our upcoming cruise with the old app.

I just checked mine, as well and while it wasn’t working at all a couple of weeks ago, it’s working fine now.  

• Like 1