New Princess App available

iamaqt2

1 hour ago, Brian2204 said:

Sailing on 4/4, Crown, SF to HI,RT

I'm all checked in but cannot bookmark any events.

Can you only do that once you board the ship?

Bookmarkings are only reminders. The do no book anything

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

It's totally annoying when one wants to bookmark an event to remind them to attend but are told that it's "full" because people have bookmarked everything under the sun. I only mark the things we will actually do so I can look at the list and see the times, locations, etc. Since bookmarking doesn't actually "reserve" anything it's idiotic to block more bookmarks because an event is "full". More pathetic coding.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

It's totally annoying when one wants to bookmark an event to remind them to attend but are told that it's "full" because people have bookmarked everything under the sun. I only mark the things we will actually do so I can look at the list and see the times, locations, etc. Since bookmarking doesn't actually "reserve" anything it's idiotic to block more bookmarks because an event is "full". More pathetic coding.

Princess needs to change the wording on their website regarding this aspect of the App.  On the Princess website, the word "reserve" is used blatantly, when we all know that it only bookmarks, or in the Princess Cruises App, adds it to your Schedule.  Reserving could be forthcoming, but I doubt it.

Screenshot 2024-02-19 165802.jpg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I go even further I don’t bookmark anything and just check the daily events while having tea and breakfast 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

I go even further I don’t bookmark anything and just check the daily events while having tea and breakfast 

The way we do it as well. Before the cruise starts I look at the ship schedule to see in general terms what's on but once on board use the paper copy Events Listing to mark what we will do for that day.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, leck57 said:

The way we do it as well. Before the cruise starts I look at the ship schedule to see in general terms what's on but once on board use the paper copy Events Listing to mark what we will do for that day.

Which reminds me, I guess they don't do paper Princess Patter anymore? Or is it on the app now?

17 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

Which reminds me, I guess they don't do paper Princess Patter anymore? Or is it on the app now?

Fortunately they still leave a paper version of the Patter on the bed every evening/afternoon. It's not called Patter anymore, it's the Event Listing but it's the same. I much prefer it to the App version which I still referred to occasionally if I didn't have the paper version on me. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, leck57 said:

Fortunately they still leave a paper version of the Patter on the bed every evening/afternoon. It's not called Patter anymore, it's the Event Listing but it's the same. I much prefer it to the App version which I still referred to occasionally if I didn't have the paper version on me. 

Good to know, I used to love carrying the Patter around with me with bits highlighted (how old school!)

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

Yet another Covid hangover they have not removed.

Finally got my boarding pass with the check in window start and stop times. The only weird thing is that the loyalty level is wrong. Thinks I am "New to Princess" with a blue medallion color. Funny. It is gold in the web site. All part of the fun I guess but I'm not going to try to fix it. I should be able to get on the ship and that is all I care about.

1 hour ago, desertdwellingsailor said:

Finally got my boarding pass with the check in window start and stop times. The only weird thing is that the loyalty level is wrong. Thinks I am "New to Princess" with a blue medallion color. Funny. It is gold in the web site. All part of the fun I guess but I'm not going to try to fix it. I should be able to get on the ship and that is all I care about.

Don’t worry last cruise one app showed me as elite and one new to Princess. And I have 60 cruises The website will show the amount of cruises you have and that is what will show onboard. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, desertdwellingsailor said:

Are you 11 days out now?

On 2/19/2024 at 12:41 PM, Solara said:

On the Enchanted in December I couldn’t even login to Princess.com when I was on the ship. When we were in port then I could login using the internet not ships WiFi. 

Did you have ships WiFi ?  We have been able to go any site I wanted to but you have to pay for the WiFi 

• Like 1

I’m a first time Princess cruiser, and new to cruise critic…can someone explain which dining areas are free?  Only Horizons Main Dining Room?  Or are there other free places like a buffet or breakfast/cafe area?

Also, if the Main Dining rooms are free what are these charges about?

IMG_1298.jpeg

Edited by Osa J

13 minutes ago, Osa J said:

I’m a first time Princess cruiser, and new to cruise critic…can someone explain which dining areas are free?  Only Horizons Main Dining Room?  Or are there other free places like a buffet or breakfast/cafe area?

IMG_1298.jpeg

Any specialty dining is an extra charge.

I think what is being referenced with your highlight is if you order a special menu item. Like a steak from Crown Grill or if you don't have a drink package and you order a glass of wine, beer or a mixed drink with dinner.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Been away from the APP chat for a while 

Did they fix anything yet 🤪

Today, thought I would look around the online site and see what that’s all about.

For the life of me I cannot find anywhere, that we have Princess Premier packages for either of our 2 booked cruises

Is this something that is only indicated on original invoice and or in APP?

Thanks 

Nancy 🍸

Check your travel summary on the website.

3 hours ago, Osa J said:

IMG_1298.jpeg

This shows dining options including those with a fee:

https://www.princess.com/content/dam/princess/corporate/pdfs/restaurants-dining-venues-on-board.pdf.coredownload.inline.pdf

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Been away from the APP chat for a while 

Did they fix anything yet 🤪

Today, thought I would look around the online site and see what that’s all about.

For the life of me I cannot find anywhere, that we have Princess Premier packages for either of our 2 booked cruises

Is this something that is only indicated on original invoice and or in APP?

Thanks 

Nancy 🍸

Just saw your post and I can't see that you've had a reply. You are correct in that the packages do not appear on the App, at least in obvious places. However, in the App open the Packages tab at the top of the opening screen. Then Review Packages, select Upgrade (I'm hoping you have this option even though you have Premier, we do have that option with Plus), then you'll get a screen that says Review your Upgrade Options and as you scroll down it shows what package you have purchased. 

However there should be something obvious on the App. Another option is open the Travel Summary in the Personalizer. The package inclusions you have are listed on there.

• Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Doesn’t show there, that would be too easy 

Nancy 🥂

It should be in your Travel Summary - everything that's included should be under "Special Services."

10 minutes ago, kamelia said:

It should be in your Travel Summary - everything that's included should be under "Special Services."

Thought I would double check my Travel Summaries I print from Princess.com  and it shows  what I have for Princess Plus.  No idea about the app as after I fill in what is required to get 7/7 or 6/7 don't look around the app.  Will see how the new app works out  when I go to board on 23 March.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Guide me

I Select summary 

IMG_9911.thumb.jpeg.88f7c4c89aa0abcb0c4e5cb17fac2412.jpeg

If you go to "Luggage Tag & Travel Summary" under the blue title bar that will take you to your Travel Summary that should (operative word 😉) have a section titled "Special Services" under which is listed everything that's included with your package and the associated value of each line item.  HTH!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Should being the operative word 🤣

Guide me

I Select summary 

then I see this 

IMG_9912.thumb.jpeg.1bd0ff62e4abd44c7ac84c6cbb1f1e50.jpeg

NO mention of Premier 

The only way to see it, as quoted by @leck57 is to select “Upgrade Now” banner from within “EXTRAS”

IMG_9913.thumb.jpeg.640d445d0139f0988e2f0d030acce41a.jpeg

and then once “Upgrade now” selected I can see purchased 

IMG_9915.thumb.jpeg.55fa303c9ed411ea0351c43c540e4290.jpeg

was hard to fit all of premier in

Surprised no one has ever not noticed this before

Very antiquated to find a PCP

Hope this highlights it is NOT in Travel Summary 

Nancy 

Thanks for those who knew the work around to find the information 

23 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Should being the operative word 🤣

Guide me

I Select summary 

then I see this 

IMG_9912.thumb.jpeg.1bd0ff62e4abd44c7ac84c6cbb1f1e50.jpeg

NO mention of Premier 

The only way to see it, as quoted by @leck57 is to select “Upgrade Now” banner from within “EXTRAS”

IMG_9913.thumb.jpeg.640d445d0139f0988e2f0d030acce41a.jpeg

and then once “Upgrade now” selected I can see purchased 

IMG_9915.thumb.jpeg.55fa303c9ed411ea0351c43c540e4290.jpeg

was hard to fit all of premier in

Surprised no one has ever not noticed this before

Very antiquated to find a PCP

Hope this highlights it is NOT in Travel Summary 

Nancy 

Thanks for those who knew the work around to find the information 

If you see the small words - Itinerary, Luggage Tags, Travels Summary  that are  above the Icons - Beverages, Spa, Extras, etc. --   click on that and you will see the Documents for your cruise.  Under Travel Summary click on "PRINT TRAVEL SUMMARY".  You don't have to print it but you can scroll down the summary until you see "SPECIAL SERVICES" and there you will see everything included in you Premier package.  If you ever have Princess Plus, items in that package would be.   listed here.

I always print out my Travel Summary to have it with other paperwork while on the ship.

Edited by coo359a2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1