Question for those who have been on the Mardi Gras

Hello!  Some of our family members are thinking about booking the Mardi Gras TA in 2025.  We have sailed once on Carnival before - the Vista - when she was brand new.  The one thing we did not like on the Vista was that there was nothing, other than the pizza place, open for food options during the afternoon.  The Blue Iguana, Guys Burgers, and another place all were closed at 1.  So, nothing available other than pizza in the afternoon.  the line for pizza was over 50 people deep every time you looked at it.  Can you tell me if the food options on the Mardi Gras do the same?

Thanks

Each venue varies by time but none of them close at 1. The latest open thing is Guy's burger which is until 6 on port day. 

On a sea day most of the lunch opens close around 2:30 except Guy's and Shaq's. Times can change however by the time your cruise rolls around.

• Like 1

Most of the restaurants have some lunch menu also. I thought I counted a total of 23 unique meal options for three meals per day. Could not eat all on 7 day cruise. 

No chance of not finding something to eat for lunch.

• Like 3

Check out Emeril's!!  Yes, there is a small charge but the food is so good!!  I had a muffuletta sandwich and banana fosters crepe (different days) and both were totally worth the $5 charge.  The hours vary so check the Hub Ap ahead of time.  Have a great cruise!

• Like 2

And just to clarify OP, your memory is faulty. All lunchtime venues are open well past 1pm on any Carnival ship; some into the early evening as is the case with Guy's. The only exception is Seaday brunch in the MDR which closes at noon. The ONLY time that pizza is the only option is in the wee hours of the morning. And even that has been supplemented in recent times by a late night Lido offering.

• Like 2

Glad to hear that it is no longer a problem.

I do recall on one of our earliest cruises, that when we would come back on board mid-afternoon from port day food options were very limited - but we found a place serving tasting plates with new options for a new venue on some future ships. 

I was on the madi gras last new years and found no issues with finding food pretty much ant time I felt like it. More food options than any carnival ship I have been on. Even when alot of the options were closed for a short time for a small fee you can get a sweet from the coffee bar. We have also kept some fresh fruit from the buffet in our mini fridge just in case we need a snack like right now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Check out Emeril's!!  Yes, there is a small charge but the food is so good!!  I had a muffuletta sandwich and banana fosters crepe (different days) and both were totally worth the $5 charge.  The hours vary so check the Hub Ap ahead of time.  Have a great cruise!

Totally agree, great alternative.  Emeril is also Carnival’s Chief Culinary Officer and is making his mark already.  The Emeril additions to the regular menu they are rolling out are outstanding.  Highly recommend them.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Totally agree, great alternative.  Emeril is also Carnival’s Chief Culinary Officer and is making his mark already.  The Emeril additions to the regular menu they are rolling out are outstanding.  Highly recommend them.  

Totally agree with this! The Emeril additions in the MDR are outstanding.  Haven't had a bad one yet!

1 hour ago, Frank12 said:

Totally agree with this! The Emeril additions in the MDR are outstanding.  Haven't had a bad one yet!

Neither have I.  A very significant uplift to a menu that needed one.  Kudo’s to the mgt team for this.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2024 at 7:43 PM, jimbo5544 said:

The Emeril items are bringing me back to the MDR

• Like 1