Should I worry

Knickearth

Today my final payment is due.  My princess cruise person advised me the other day to not worry as it is paid automatically.  It is after 4 pm and it has not been paid.  I am fearful of losing my reservation.  Has anyone had this experience?  I feel if I pay myself that they would charge it later and I would have paid twice.  Any suggestions welcomed.

11 minutes ago, Knickearth said:

Today my final payment is due.  My princess cruise person advised me the other day to not worry as it is paid automatically.  It is after 4 pm and it has not been paid.  I am fearful of losing my reservation.  Has anyone had this experience?  I feel if I pay myself that they would charge it later and I would have paid twice.  Any suggestions welcomed.

Unless you have it in writing, I wouldn’t count on it. I’ve never had them pay my final payment automatically. Not saying it doesn’t happen.

I wouldn’t risk having it cancel and losing the deposit. I would pay it. Also, too late now but I never wait until the final day to make the payment. Too many things can go wrong. I’m a worry wart though.

Good Luck with it. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

Unless you have it in writing, I wouldn’t count on it. I’ve never had them pay my final payment automatically. Not saying it doesn’t happen.

I wouldn’t risk having it cancel and losing the deposit. I would pay it. Also, too late now but I never wait until the final day to make the payment. Too many things can go wrong. I’m a worry wart though.

Good Luck with it. 

Thanks much.  I took your advice and paid.  I too am worry wart.

• Like 7

How can it be "paid automatically"?  As best I know, there is no system that Princess has in place to automatically make payments.  (Assuming you are talking about a direct booking.)  If you booked with a TA, then *maybe* that firm has a method/process to do so...but if this were the case then you would not be able to make that final payment...only the TA can make your payment.  Am I missing some key point in this?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

How can it be "paid automatically"?  As best I know, there is no system that Princess has in place to automatically make payments.  (Assuming you are talking about a direct booking.)  If you booked with a TA, then *maybe* that firm has a method/process to do so...but if this were the case then you would not be able to make that final payment...only the TA can make your payment.  Am I missing some key point in this?

The OP paid it. All is good.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

This is of limited relevance to the OP, but several of the charter cruises I've been on (not on Princess) offer automatic monthly payment plans that I've been a part of. Those are nice. And I've seen Carnival offer payment plans through a third party. I've never used it, since there are extra fees involved.

Edited by Honolulu Blue

I didn't get any email that I was paid in full, but under payments shows zero balance owing and under travel summary shows balance due as $0.00.  

• Like 1

One time in 2023 I forgot to make the last payment.  Three days had passed but it was still listed as my reservation so I called Princess and told them my problem.  They kindly took my cc information and the cruise was paid.  So they don't always cancel the day you are suppose to pay.  Call Princess and give them the payment information.  I had never heard of an automatic payment at Princess.  Other cruise lines I have heard of this but you have to agree when you book it. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

This is of limited relevance to the OP, but several of the charter cruises I've been on (not on Princess) offer automatic monthly payment plans that I've been a part of. Those are nice. And I've seen Carnival offer payment plans through a third party. I've never used it, since there are extra fees involved.

As an amplification of what I said above, Carnival apparently has a payment plan that they run in-house called EasyPay.  Here's a link to the FAQs -> Carnival EasyPay FAQs | Carnival Cruise Line .  It looks easy enough, and it's interest and fee free. I haven't tried this one, but I wouldn't be surprised if it spread to other Carnival Corporation lines sometime.

And also, while I'm here, at least one of my credit cards offers to spread out large charges over some months.  This can be done for any transaction, not just travel purchases.  This one costs $$$ in fees and/or interest, so I haven't done it yet.

7 hours ago, satxdiver said:

One time in 2023 I forgot to make the last payment.  Three days had passed but it was still listed as my reservation so I called Princess and told them my problem.  They kindly took my cc information and the cruise was paid.  So they don't always cancel the day you are suppose to pay.  Call Princess and give them the payment information.  I had never heard of an automatic payment at Princess.  Other cruise lines I have heard of this but you have to agree when you book it. 

I heard from others they do cancel your cruise the next day and you can’t retrieve it back. Fyi

50 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

I heard from others they do cancel your cruise the next day and you can’t retrieve it back. Fyi

They will not cancel on a Sunday or major holiday. Otherwise, it does cancel quickly (compared to previously).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, tonit964 said:

Good Luck with it. 

There is an option when you book of them setting up the final payment to be charged to your CC automatically. Each time I.have booked with my PVP they have asked if I want that. I have always declined the option, but it does exist.

Edited by TRLD
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TRLD said:

There is an option when you book of them setting up the final payment to be charged to your CC automatically. Each time I.have booked with my PVP they have asked if I want that. I have always declined the option, but it does exist.

From Princess? Have *never* heard of that. (But then I always book directly via the website...it does not show up there unless it has *just* been added.)

• Like 2

Sorry, I'm paranoid...I do the payment and do it well before the final date. I have had enough 'close calls' in other things that shouldn't have happened but did. Not ever going to take the risk of losing my cruise due to some funky happenstance. And believe me, I'm a technocrat...lol...

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

From Princess? Have *never* heard of that. (But then I always book directly via the website...it does not show up there unless it has *just* been added.)

Only seen it when started using a Princess vacation planner when things were in turmoil at the start of the restart and it took a long time to get anything changed with customer service. Started going through a PVP at that time instead of booking online. That is when I encountered the option.

Princess does offer an EZ pay program. (most of the cruise lines are now offering something similar)  You can set up payments or set up your final payment to be paid on your final due date by supplying the credit card you want to use.  This is helpful for people that are traveling or want to set it and forget it.   I am guessing that this is what was set up.  I find it doesn't pay first thing in the morning, but in the afternoon/evening.  It does send out a reminder 2 days prior but that may have gone to the Princess person or the Travel Agent. 

https://www.princess.com/en-us/plan/ezpay-cruise-payment-plan

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, peagreenid said:

Princess does offer an EZ pay program. (most of the cruise lines are now offering something similar)  You can set up payments or set up your final payment to be paid on your final due date by supplying the credit card you want to use.  This is helpful for people that are traveling or want to set it and forget it.   I am guessing that this is what was set up.  I find it doesn't pay first thing in the morning, but in the afternoon/evening.  It does send out a reminder 2 days prior but that may have gone to the Princess person or the Travel Agent. 

Hah! I learn something all the time here on CC!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, peagreenid said:

Thanks for finding and sharing this.  It looks very similar to Carnival's EasyPay.

Just now, Honolulu Blue said:

Thanks for finding and sharing this.  It looks very similar to Carnival's EasyPay.

Which is not surprising given that they are both under the same business "umbrella".

• Like 1