The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday, January 8th, 2024

kazu

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Terri, though I am South of Jacksonville, the worst weather is supposed to come in the afternoon. So it might not hit Jacksonville until late morning.

But the wind is supposed to start early. And you will have to deal with 95 in very strong wind gusts. So be extra careful. 

Thanks. I realize that.  We plan to leave as early as we can.  Maybe at 8:30.  Even if we have to wait in the hotel lobby.  At least we will be there.  

I am going to take it slow.  Jim is not allowed to drive.  So it is all on me.  Coming and going.  Don’t know what coming home will be like with two legs having been cut.  Will have to do the best we can.

I really did not need this.

Thanks again.

Terri

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Tonight suddenly became a terrible night.  Amelia passed tonight.  Based on what happened the doctor thinks it was her heart.  The house will not be the same.

image.thumb.png.fd8770a5a11410afd5594299f856f704.png

I’m so sorry for your family. Heaven has gained a new angel. 🐾💔

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@Crazy For Cats My condolences to you and Juan and the fur babies who will also miss Amelia!  

@ottahand7 we’re watching the game, hoping U-Dub can make it a game worthy of a Championship contest. If not, I may not stay up !  

@Cruzin Terri Blessings you can get a good sleep and the weather is ok in the morning for your drive!  Hope the whole trip goes Amazing!  
m—

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

We were supposed to be in Napier the end of February but they had had horrific storms so we missed the port. Most of the area was without power. The photos showed how much we missed-guess we'll have to make another trip!

Slow going for the UW Huskies at the start of the game. DS is there along with a couple of friends-my nephew and his son are also there. Lots of purple blood around here!  And my "whine" of the day is I wanna be on a BHB.

• Like 9

15 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

On Dec. 3, 2017 our ship Sun Princess arrived in Napier, New Zealand on the final cruise of our B2B2B2B cruises Down Under.  As usually happened on these cruises, the ship provided us a shuttle ride to the downtown Visitor Information Center.  The town appeared clean and had beautiful Art Deco architecture. 

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Across the street and a short way to the right was an antique car show which all the tourists seemed to be enjoying.  There were people there in period costume, too.  I think this was a regular occurrence in town, especially with ships in port.

The town was so cute and the weather was perfect so we took our time looking around.  This pedestrian street made it easy to look around without worry.

Being December the Christmas decorations were up too, to get us into the spirit.

Love the reindeer faces at the bottom!

A trolley in case you couldn’t walk far

And along the beach was this pretty park-like area

The beach was made up of black pebbles.  Not black sand in my opinion.

And here is the front of the National Aquarium which we passed by to get back to the shuttle bus.

A great day in Napier, New Zealand.  

I certainly enjoyed Napier last March. There was an elderly man there with his 1938 Buick.  He was very excited to talk with me as my mother's sister and brother-in-law all worked for Buick in Flint, Michigan where his car was built.  

• Like 8

I haven't been on for days since my DS, DIL and GK were here.  An exhausting but fun filled few days. I still have a pile of laundry to do and the house looks like a tornado hit it.  I was back to work this afternoon but thank heavens I work remotely. Our next guest is my DSIL - that should be a fun and relaxing visit.  The only requirement we have for her stay is to make us her home made fabulous chicken pot pies for dinner.  I wait all year for this.  

@Crazy For Cats so sorry to hear about your beautiful fur baby. It is so hard to lose a beloved pet.  I am glad that your other fur babies are taking care of you and Juan.

Sorry to hear that so many are still not feeling well.  My cold finally went away over this past weekend. I did have to start an antibiotic as it went to my sinuses as per usual for me when I get a cold.

@Cruzin Terrisafe travels tomorrow.  It is hard to be the only driver on long trips.  I wish there was good public transportation in the south. I do miss the trains that I used to ride in the NE corridor.  

It looks like those on cruises are having a wonderful time. We leave at the end of January for our cruise and for once don't have to worry about flying to the port. It will be nice to just head out in the morning though we will have to deal with the awful I 95 traffic jam on the way to the port. It doesn't seem to matter now what time you leave there is always traffic.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Tonight suddenly became a terrible night.  Amelia passed tonight.  Based on what happened the doctor thinks it was her heart.  The house will not be the same.

Always a hard time on Journey too Rainbow Bridge. . Beautiful feline.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Do you remember not being able to see through the window because it was frozen on the inside?

Better insulation is good, but global warming is bad.

Yes and frozen clothes from outdoor clothes line.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Our bartenders, especially at Lido Bar, are outstanding. John, Manny, and Jun are the best. @sailingdutchy you board when we leave. Please tell the guys Joy and Allen say hello! 

@Seasick Sailor could you tell me please who the current Captain of the Rotterdam is would it be Werner Timmers or Bas van Dreumel ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Do you remember not being able to see through the window because it was frozen on the inside?

Better insulation is good, but global warming is bad.

It was very cold in North East England in the winters of late 1950s and 1960s.

We enjoyed our port visit to Cobh on Independence of the seas in May 2018.

We were staying in Dublin New year 1999 and New year 2020 and have also stayed in Belfast.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I'm so sorry to hear your news.

Amelia was a beautiful cat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, caribbeanboy said:

What's Rotterdam next port of call? She is right now in Curaçao, and on Wednesday Bonaire but don't see her on Aruba Port schedule tomorrow.

We left Curacao late last night.

Sea day today.

Bonaire the 10th

Sea Day the 11th

Grand Turk the 12th

HMC the 13th

FLL the 14th

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Oh Jake, I am so very sorry to hear this 😢. She was such a beautiful girl and so loved 💔 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I’m so sorry. 😢 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Thanks. I realize that.  We plan to leave as early as we can.  Maybe at 8:30.  Even if we have to wait in the hotel lobby.  At least we will be there.  

I am going to take it slow.  Jim is not allowed to drive.  So it is all on me.  Coming and going.  Don’t know what coming home will be like with two legs having been cut.  Will have to do the best we can.

I really did not need this.

Thanks again.

Terri

Praying for a safe drive, both going there and coming home. 🙏  

• Like 3

• LauraS locked this topic