LIVE from the Celebration 1/14-1/21…

16 hours ago, BohJang said:

I feel your pain.  I have to say that Princess Plus is the best deal I have found.  We paid $60/per person per day and that included wifi, gratuties, alcoholic drinks, specialty coffees, water, casual specialtly restaurants, gelato, extra desserts.  It was a much better deal than Carnival.  I plan to cruise on Princess again. 

Princess has become a way better value for the dollar than Carnival, but how many Carnival Cruises do I have booked, LOL!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Earlier this week, south west Oklahoma had a chance of snow tomorrow. Then it got pushed to Monday. Now, it’s back on for Friday and Monday. 🤦🏼‍♀️ we will start getting snow about midnight tonight, but only 1-2 inches expected. Living in a rural area, that means the kids won’t have school tomorrow. I’m really hoping it holds off. 
The best news is Dallas isn’t expected to get anything… so as long as we can get out of Oklahoma, we will be good to go. 
Graphic for informational purposes only. 

IMG_0993.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

That’s hilarious. I’ll hear Mr. Megan talking about cruises to people. No matter what ship, cruise line, destination… yup he’s been on it or there. I’ll ask him “hey you remember what we did (insert place)?” “Yeah wasn’t that (XYZ)?” 
NOPE! 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Same.  We went on a river cruise in 2015, beginning in Budapest and ending in Luxembourg.  My wife was telling everyone we were going to Dubai.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

13 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Are we having fun yet? Unfortunately I'm at work, but my mind is already in Miami!...

I just finished one zoom. I have another in 50 minutes. Soo ready to be at least at the airport. 

• Like 13

1 minute ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I just finished one zoom. I have another in 50 minutes. Soo ready to be at least at the airport. 

I’m at the airport. Not THAT one though 😔

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Travelicious said:

Same.  We went on a river cruise in 2015, beginning in Budapest and ending in Luxembourg.  My wife was telling everyone we were going to Dubai.

Dubai, Danube, close enough 🙃

• Haha 12

1 hour ago, Travelicious said:

BF is same way, was telling his daughter I was going to Sweden this past November and I was going to Iceland. 

He is the same way for our trips, I just tell him where and when to be ready.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, JoeTec said:

I was trying to remember how to follow a topic / live & I clicked on Megan's profile & it looks like this review you will definitely hit 10k posts

17050007169424684400201421374424.jpg

Yes sir! Not sure what that “entitles” me to, but it’s pretty cool. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Yeah, not sure I could ever post that many times. I checked and I'm only at 571 😔

• Like 4

Since I procrastinated on my run this morning because of the cold, I decided to take my afternoon zoom on the road. I mall walked like a champion, so I could pay attention, that counts for something, right? Now to make a few calls. City park picture for fun. 

It’s 65 degrees here, yet snow is 11 hours away. Thanks Oklahoma. Just a little over 39 hours until departure. 

IMG_1008.jpeg

• Like 11

18 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Well, naptime is over and we are loading up the car. We'll be heading south very shortly.  First destination is Kingsland Georgia, but of course we'll have to stop at a Cracker Barrel for breakfast! 😁

Don’t leave your phone there!🤣

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, odie1024 said:

BF is same way, was telling his daughter I was going to Sweden this past November and I was going to Iceland. 

He is the same way for our trips, I just tell him where and when to be ready.

See @MeganGC1983...surely no longer feel alone in this never ending battle!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

To all Tribe 2024 cruisers dealing with weather travel issues, please stay safe and hoping you ALL get out of dodge safely to meet up on the ship and continue with the shenanigans.....those of us not with you are counting on all of you!

I anticipate none of us noncruisers will be very productive while you are shenaniganing it up!

Who wants to start a pool to see how late @sid_9169 manages to stay up each night?

• Like 5
  • Haha 14

33 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Since I procrastinated on my run this morning because of the cold, I decided to take my afternoon zoom on the road. I mall walked like a champion, so I could pay attention, that counts for something, right? Now to make a few calls. City park picture for fun. 

It’s 65 degrees here, yet snow is 11 hours away. Thanks Oklahoma. Just a little over 39 hours until departure. 

IMG_1008.jpeg

Make sure to bring our 65 degree temp back with you. It will be missed next week.

• Like 5

First attempt at luggage weighing. 40.8 still have to add my hair stuff. And even though I work out, I can tell I’m out of travel shape because my attempt to weight and take a picture at the same time… wasn’t happening. Stupid 4 months off. 

image.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 7

35 minutes ago, pbxtech said:

Make sure to bring our 65 degree temp back with you. It will be missed next week.

I’ll try my hardest, but I can’t make any promises. Hence why I have another cruise booked for 3 weeks after this one. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JoeTec said:

I was trying to remember how to follow a topic / live & I clicked on Megan's profile & it looks like this review you will definitely hit 10k posts

17050007169424684400201421374424.jpg

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

No sort of prize coming your way, just a badge that says "10,000 club"...

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Side note: our kids have never had a pet… well minus a fish… we had a fish once. Anyway, we’ve never had a pet because we travel so much and I didn’t want another mouth to feed or behind to wipe. Now that the kids are older (almost 13, 9 & 10) I’ve decided that it’s time. I’ve always wanted a blue tick so the timing was right and after we cruise the Valiant Lady, we will pick up another lady… born this morning. 

IMG_1014.jpeg

• Like 55
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

It’s also trash day here, so Mr. Megan is doing God’s work, cleaning out the refrigerator. There’s nothing worse than coming back from a cruise to “dead” food. 

IMG_0982.jpeg

Friday night was leftover might at our house growing up.  Mom would take every tupper container, coolwhip, and butter container that had leftovers in them and it was serve yourself, reheat, and eat.

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

8 minutes ago, figmentfreak said:

Friday night was leftover might at our house growing up.  Mom would take every tupper container, coolwhip, and butter container that had leftovers in them and it was serve yourself, reheat, and eat.

Back in my 1980's childhood, we didn't have a microwave until I was in high school. So leftover night meant a whole bunch of tiny little pots piled together on the stove, each with a single serving of whatever. My mom had a whole random collection of miniature cookware just for leftovers.

• Like 10
  • Haha 6