Crystal Symphony, Mumbai to Athens - or is it?

Dog-man

1 hour ago, crickette said:

So for the Athens/AD/Mumbai b2bs, we have until early August to "pull the plug" if prepared to lose the modest admin fee of 250

UNTIL 121 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE FIXED RATE $250.00

FROM 120 TO 91 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE 25%

FROM 90 TO 76 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE 50%

FROM 75 TO 51 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE 75%

FROM 50 TO 0 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE 100%

How do you get early August? Isn’t 180 days (when 25% penalty kicks in) before 6 Dec going to be early June?

10 minutes ago, Worldtraveler22 said:

A definite statement?  It is cancelled.

Different cruise…

The current conversation is about the 6 December Athens to Mumbai back to back cruise on Crystal Symphony - that is not cancelled

3 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

How do you get early August? Isn’t 180 days (when 25% penalty kicks in) before 6 Dec going to be early June?

All our Crystal  bookings have final payments due 120 days before the cruise and that's when the penalties kick in.  They are all under 39 days. For cruises of 40 days or greater I believe the first one kicks in at 121 to 150 days. This excludes the administrative fee.

Keith

38 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

All our Crystal  bookings have final payments due 120 days before the cruise and that's when the penalties kick in.  They are all under 39 days. For cruises of 40 days or greater I believe the first one kicks in at 121 to 150 days. This excludes the administrative fee.

The December 2024 Symphony cruise from Athens to Mumbai is the one we’re discussing as to the cancellation decision and final payment dates etc

I don’t believe you’re booked on this cruise so understand why you aren’t aware of the facts - for this cruise (which is effectively a back to back combo of 33 days duration (certainly not 40 days)) it’s 180 days (not 120 days) - as stated on the guests ticket

Interestingly if Crickette is booked on the B2B Athens to Mumbai then the screen shot she posted which is apparently for her B2B cruise suggests that Crystal have varying (120/180 days) periods for penalties to kick in on this same B2B! That’s very strange

IMG_1137.thumb.jpeg.875d48cb463ab43310b3a4831dbe8aed.jpeg

Edited by Stickman1990

1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

Interestingly if Crickette is booked on the B2B Athens to Mumbai

... yes, Dec 6/24 to Jan 7/25

Crystal have varying (120/180 days) periods for penalties to kick in on this same B2B! That’s very strange

..... I agree.  Some would say unfair, too.

• Like 1

If Crystal or any other line cancels you are entitled to a full cash refund. They may offer you a bonus in FCCs if you leave your funds with them. In last go round not a single pax lost anything from having a lot of FCCs. We had $120 K of FCCs and New Crystal gave us full credits in EI program and we are enjoying those benefits right now. 

1 hour ago, Whipsnade said:

In last go round not a single pax lost anything from having a lot of FCCs. 

That is simply not correct 

To achieve nothing being lost the guest would have to have booked at least four additional cruises to utilise the full Exceptional Initiative - that required substantial additional investment - which some guests would not be prepared to “invest”. If they didn’t then based on what the administrator has paid out they would be out of pocket 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

That is simply not correct 

To achieve nothing being lost the guest would have to have booked at least four additional cruises to utilise the full Exceptional Initiative - that required substantial additional investment - which some guests would not be prepared to “invest”. If they didn’t then based on what the administrator has paid out they would be out of pocket 

Thanks Terry for this post. You are absolutely right. And besides that, since the EI is limited to the end of 2025, not all the certificates can be used due to previous commitments.

Ivi

• Like 1

That’s right, of course. So I guess those folks lost all their $$ and are sailing on another cruise line. So why are they trolling Crystal forums? We are not out a single penny as we chose to continue sailing with Crystal. Having faith in good business judgement on the part of New Crystal has paid off. 

As far as any future cancellations by this or any other cruise line they would be entitled to a full cash refund. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Whipsnade said:

So I guess those folks lost all their $$ and are sailing on another cruise line. So why are they trolling Crystal forums? We are not out a single penny as we chose to continue sailing with Crystal.

Glad you’re happy with the outcome but please don’t assume everyone else is in the same position or that those impacted have moved to other line

We know people who have lost tens of thousands of dollars and likely won’t see much of it back - so don’t assume everyone has been prepared to take up the Exceptional Initiative for four cruisers to receive 100% reimbursement 

• Like 3

Well the math to us was a no brainer. We had booked other cruise lines and canceled them after EI was announced. Got all our money back there too except for small cancellation fees which we will get credit for on future cruise on those lines. Booked them too. 
I learned to count a long time ago. 
And those folks who didn’t or “couldn’t” take advantage of EI got all their $$ back except for some FCCs from credit card companies. 
I really don’t know what some folks are beefing about. New Crystal is better than Old Crystal in every way. Dining here several rungs above closest competitors. Prices are reasonable for this quality service and ship. 
We are booked until end if 2025 abd plan to book 2026 as soon as itins come out. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Whipsnade said:

I learned to count a long time ago. 
And those folks who didn’t or “couldn’t” take advantage of EI got all their $$ back except for some FCCs from credit card companies. 
I really don’t know what some folks are beefing about. New Crystal is better than Old Crystal in every way. Dining here several rungs above closest competitors. Prices are reasonable for this quality service and ship. 

I hesitated to answer to your post. But actually your words are the key. You say you really don’t know what others are beefing about. Exactly!  you do not know and you cannot generalize that „all have got all their money back „ or “those who didn't are trolling “ or “have not learned to count or do their maths”. I am very happy that you have not lost anything. But please show some respect for others who have. And please move on. This subject has been discussed enough and most of us are very tired of it.

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

If Crystal or any other line cancels you are entitled to a full cash refund. They may offer you a bonus in FCCs if you leave your funds with them. In last go round not a single pax lost anything from having a lot of FCCs. We had $120 K of FCCs and New Crystal gave us full credits in EI program and we are enjoying those benefits right now. 

May I politely point you to this post, and the imbedded excerpt from the cruise contract.  I urge you to read the cruise contract accompanying your booking confirmation to see if the pesky clause is included. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2992061-serenity-sailings-for-april-and-may-2024/#comment-66939279

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

Simply not accurate!

nancy

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, nancygp said:

Simply not accurate!

nancy

Thank you Nancy.  Shocking how clueless some people are about those who lost boatloads of money with the Old Crystal.

Good luck to all with your FCCs from the New Crystal.  Fool me once . . .

I do not understand how a cruise line refuses to give refunds for cruises THEY cancel.  They must need your money.

• Like 5

All repetitions are tiring. Even those images of “bitting the horse” 😉

I guess the repetitions can not be avoided as long as once in a while some people who know little but think they know a lot, arrive with a parachute on this board and start the subject again. 

Ivi

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, bitob said:

Thank you Nancy.  Shocking how clueless some people are about those who lost boatloads of money with the Old Crystal.

Good luck to all with your FCCs from the New Crystal.  Fool me once . . .

I do not understand how a cruise line refuses to give refunds for cruises THEY cancel.  They must need your money.

They are refunding the money.  I just received 17,000, in my cc account.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, eieiaye1 said:

Well my daughter is currently in the Red Sea, no big deal! Oh wait, she's on a different kind of cruise, on a different kind of ship! All in perspective...

Here’s wishing her continued safety and a successful return at an appropriate time in the future. 

• Like 7

13 hours ago, eieiaye1 said:

Well my daughter is currently in the Red Sea, no big deal! Oh wait, she's on a different kind of cruise, on a different kind of ship! All in perspective...

Welcome  to Cruise Critic.

Roy