Coral Princess Laundry Rooms

Kamfish642

Good question OP, I’ll be needing that laundry room around the corner from my cabin next cruise: plan on packing about 1/2 of what I’ve taken on previous cruises. Anyone know what the washer/dryer cost is per cycle? 😁

7 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

Is there an option to pay for a bag of laundry ? 

No.  Maybe back when we started cruising Princess more than 16 years ago but not in recent memory.

45 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

Is there an option to pay for a bag of laundry

I know some other cruise lines offer that generalized service to passengers, but I think because Princess has self-service laundromats (with irons) on every passenger cabin deck they do not offer a ‘bag of laundry’ option. They do have Same-Day and Next-Day laundry service available, but there is a per-item charge. For Princess Cruises Elite Level guests they have complimentary laundry service. 

On 1/15/2024 at 7:38 PM, PapaGoose said:

Bring your own detergent pods and dryer sheets. I have packed them in a small Tupperware style container for past Princess cruises. 

The other thing we've found handy is a fold up hamper from the Dollar store. It fits in the outside zipper pouch of our suitcase.

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2024 at 5:02 AM, capriccio said:

My brother and sister-in-law either do their laundry early in the morning (he gets up to run at 5:30) or at dinner time.

Ha, my wife uses that excuse to have me do the laundry. I get up to walk and exercise early and the laundry fits into breaks in that schedule. She gets a load of warm laundry dumped on her as her wake up call.😀

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/23/2024 at 8:09 PM, Josie201 said:

Yes, there is, contrary to what a couple of others have stated.  We generally use the ship's "in-house" laundry service at least once per cruise.  We just don't want to pack *everything* that we would need for a full cruise...so we take about half (maybe a bit more) and then let the ship laundry do its thing.

Laundry Service List.jpg

We usually do laundry in the afternoon. We pick out a movie to watch in the room then start the washing and set a timer. When the timer goes off we pause the movie and switch the laundry to the dryer. Then we set a new timer and go back to the movie. Sometimes we order some food and drinks to the room for the laundry/movie time. Works well for us. We always set the timer a bit "short" so we don't tie up a machine with our stuff just sitting there.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

On 1/23/2024 at 8:09 PM, Josie201 said:

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Yes, there is, contrary to what a couple of others have stated.  We generally use the ship's "in-house" laundry service at least once per cruise.

The question was is there an option to pay for a bag of laundry which I interpreted to mean does Princess allow you stuff as many articles of clothing into a bag for a specific price?  The answer to that is no.

There is always the option of paying by the piece as Jeannie mentioned.  That is not a cheap alternative especially if you stuff the relatively small bag full (in our experience between $50 and $60 a bag which luckily for us is free as an elite perk).

Edited by capriccio

2 hours ago, sauncy said:

How many machines are there in each laundry room?  

Usually, two washers and two dryers. Last October on the Crown the washer and dryer were free, but you needed tokens to purchase laundry detergent and fabric softener. I always bring my own.

• Thanks 1