Upcoming LIVE: What does the audience want?

My brother and I will be posting LIVE from the Discovery in a few weeks. We have previously done a semi-live on NCL. Our cruising experience is always better because of the CC posts about the cruise line and specific ships. This trip is no exception as we are really grateful to so many that have shared their experiences, pictures, opinions, likes, and dislikes. We want to be contributors to this forum and we want to plan out that contribution. So, we are asking you fellow CC readers and contributors for feedback so we can provide what people want to read. 

- Do you prefer lists or narrative writing?

- Do you prefer lots of pictures of anything or are there some pictures people want more than others?

- What details do you want about the food?

- What details do you want about timing, speed, wait times? 

If it matters, we will be on a 7-day Mexico cruise on Discovery with stops in Cabo, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta. We will be traveling with a party of 5 in 2 interiors. We have purchased the Premier package so we can comment on casual dining, fitness classes, picture package, princess prizes, WiFi, and drinks. We have also put in a bid for an upgrade and can report on our luck (or lack thereof) with that. 

Thanks for any input or thoughts you provide. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice of you to ask in advance!

Personally, I'm more interested in your experience on board the ship and less about what you do off the ship at the destinations, but I suspect there are those who would disagree.  I'd say you should focus on whatever you find most interesting or noteworthy about your cruise.  I'm sure we will enjoy whatever you post!

Edited by charliedalrymple
  • Like 1

Menus and food quality can vary,  from ship to ship, and from sailing to sailing, depending on a lot of factors.

Menus and foodie pics are always good!

If there are any changes in the top staff onboard for any reason.( Cruise Director, Ex. Chef, Captain, etc...). Those who will be sailing after you might be interested.

I do hope your bid for upgrade works out, especially for the party with the third person - as the extra beds do not pull down from the ceiling, and take up space and are a bit of a issue hanging there on the walls.

Enjoy!!!!

• Like 1

I’ve done a few Live From threads (see below), and my suggestion for you is to start off your thread with a short introduction, then post pictures of the itinerary along with a map of the route. You can usually get both from the itinerary provided on the cruise line website. I take screen shots of them, then paste them into a blank PowerPoint slide, crop them accordingly, and then paste the results into my post after the short intro.

This way when folks first click on your thread, they’ll have a visual of the itinerary you’ll be posting about.

After that, it’s up to you. But also remember a year or two from now, you might want to walk down memory lane to remember some of the highlights of your adventure, long after anyone else will be looking at your thread. So make sure you include those highlights, preferably in the form of pictures. It makes going through 15+ pages a lot quicker! 😂

Just a couple of suggestions. 😁

• Like 1

- Label pictures

- Exercise extreme patience while uploading said pictures

- Introduction and itinerary for background

- Menus

- Staff/Officers Update

- Food: We aren’t foodies but we like to eat. We lan to report back on all we eat

- Video will be available on YouTube channel

If I might ask a silly question but if you wouldn’t mind, can you find out if they have the pickled ginger at the sushi bar?  
If you don’t get around to it, no worries!  Just enjoy your trip! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

If I might ask a silly question but if you wouldn’t mind, can you find out if they have the pickled ginger at the sushi bar?  
If you don’t get around to it, no worries!  Just enjoy your trip! 

I will add it to the list. We will definitely be at Ocean Terrace regularly, and I enjoy it with my rolls, so this is more than easy. Thanks again for all of the great shares from your recent trip on Discovery 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, voljeep said:

I like

a couple lines of text, and a couple of pictures if applicable - a nice short read.

I'd rather read 50 posts than 10 posts that contain the same information

Quick bites. I can do a post after the cruise with a full review and detailed thoughts. I like the idea of the live being quick and easy for people to follow throughout their day … at work … not on a cruise ship. I know personally that I enjoy reading along with great envy while I work. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, New2cruise2022 said:

We leave on Feb 24th. 

BTW, you are getting there just in time for the group, Mockingbird, to join the ship!  Lucky you .. their musical talent goes above and beyond ..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Happy to have anything you want to put on your live from!  And thank you for taking the time out of your sailing to take us all along with you.

Thank you! We find the joy of cruising should be shared. Reading what other people write here means a week at sea is spread over months of anticipation and excitement. It be day it will be lots of cruises throughout the year. Until then, we sail, we book, and we enjoy watching and reading the great stories and information from fellow cruises. We sail vicariously through blogs and vlogs and posts here on CC. It only seems fair to want to share our experience with others. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m looking forward to following along. I also like food photos along with the description. I am allergic to dairy products so I’m always looking to see if the International Cafe is starting to serve any dairy free items and if they have any signage telling if it’s dairy free or Vegan. I’m not Vegan but I know that those items are safe for me. Enjoy your cruise. 

7 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I’m looking forward to following along. I also like food photos along with the description. I am allergic to dairy products so I’m always looking to see if the International Cafe is starting to serve any dairy free items and if they have any signage telling if it’s dairy free or Vegan. I’m not Vegan but I know that those items are safe for me. Enjoy your cruise. 

All pictures are great, but a description as well is amazing 

• Thanks 1