Priority tendering

tartantiara

As Elite+ I believe we get priority tender tickets. Are we only allowed tickets for our own use or if we are going on a trip with others can we get tickets for them as well. If yes how many would we be allowed 

Our experience has been that Elite and above are not issued tickets any longer.

We were to meet in a specific area (dining room, restaurant) and are taken in small groups to tenders.  We have had to show our sea pass and have not tried to bring others with us.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tartantiara said:

As Elite+ I believe we get priority tender tickets. Are we only allowed tickets for our own use or if we are going on a trip with others can we get tickets for them as well. If yes how many would we be allowed 

At all the tender ports I have done on Celebrity as Elite  and Elite Plus no tickets, they had us meet the Captains Club host in a lounge and the host took us to the tender before general tender boarding. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Our experience has been that Elite and above are not issued tickets any longer.

We were to meet in a specific area (dining room, restaurant) and are taken in small groups to tenders.  We have had to show our sea pass and have not tried to bring others with us.  

I never had to show my pass but I was always well known to the Captians Club people. I also never brought sny.one else so I don't now how that would go.

Herer's a hint on something that worked  for Me.

Before we got to Elite CC statis we would go to the Theater and when the first Ships Excursion group Number was called we would just blend in with them as they went to the gangway and off the ship and onto the Tender. .

No one ever looked at any number stickers or ask us for them.

The old saying is "If you Look and Act like you Belong nobody  gets suspicious"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, D. B. said:

Before we got to Elite CC statis we would go to the Theater and when the first Ships Excursion group Number was called we would just blend in with them as they went to the gangway and off the ship and onto the Tender. .

This is a joke, right?  Sounds like it has been sometime since you were in the bottom ranks.  Last time we sailed, last year, we had stickers attached to us.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D. B. said:

I know that when we were on Edge in December they definitely checked for stickers.    I had mine on my hat and was stopped and asked if I had one and I pointed to my hat.

• Like 1

One way that some used on our last cruise.    One group matched up each Non-CC guest with a CC Guest (call it wife swapping)  the were able to all go ashore together.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dancing Shoes said:

This is a joke, right?  Sounds like it has been sometime since you were in the bottom ranks.  Last time we sailed, last year, we had stickers attached to us.  

No Joke. I have done it recently because the ships tour was leaving before the Elite group. There were just us 2 and not a large group. We had a tour booked with Viator. 

Yes the sticker (numbers) are given out but No One Ever looked for them or Ask to see them until you met the tour person ashore holding the Lolly pop number sign. 

Once off the tender we just went on our way.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

In other words, the rules and common courtesy don't apply to you, right?

You could see it that way.

If I have made other plans and the first ships group is 50 people I have done it.

Not Just to beat others off the ship.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, D. B. said:

If I have made other plans and the first ships group is 50 people I have done it.

Seems you do.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 9:55 PM, tartantiara said:

You can't. The only workaround is if one of your group is in a suite then they may be able to arrange for you all to get off with them. It worked for us (group of 6), and our Suite buddy fixed it well in advance. Good luck.

On 2/3/2024 at 3:50 AM, D. B. said:

If you do this I would keep it for myself and not proudly post it here as a role model for all others.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 5:55 PM, tartantiara said:

probably not and since you are asking how many I suggest a big NO. Also it is not tickets. 

On 2/2/2024 at 9:31 PM, D. B. said:

And if you do something selfish and inconsiderate it's OK as long as you don't get caught? Geez. 

• Like 1

It never fails.  Over the past few years, whenever my wife and I are waiting patiently in line to board a mass market cruise, invariably someone in front of me is "saving" a spot for someone who is "on their way" which more often than not turns out to be a large group, not just a spouse.  And then, of course, when that "spot saver" and their party reaches the front of the line, one or more of them are nearly always unprepared to show the correct documentation, or there is some other issue and they manage to delay everyone behind them who was actually waiting their turn.  😠

If you are waiting on members of your party to arrive at the terminal on embarkation day and want to board together, just wait until they are there before getting in the line to board.  If you have access to specialty dining due to your category or past passenger status and want to dine with friends who don't enjoy that access, join them in the MDR or other venue.  If you have priority tender access and your friends do not, either wait for them on shore or tender in with their group.  Common courtesy and respect for others seems to be in shorter supply now than it was in the past.

Being considerate of your fellow passengers will make the cruise experience more enjoyable for all!  😀

• Like 2

FYI...the above comment was not directed to the OP, who had the courtesy to both inquire and then plan to act according to the consensus of what would be considered respectful of fellow travelers.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 8:31 PM, D. B. said: