Just boarded Sky in blue lane

nbsjcruiser

We enjoyed walking by all you guys lined up in the green lane 🙂

Even tho we didn’t have our medallions beforehand, we were on the ship at 10:30. Amazing boarding time.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nbsjcruiser said:

Even tho we didn’t have our medallions beforehand, we were on the ship at 10:30. Amazing boarding time.

Hmmm ... for those of us in the green lane that have their medallions, I suppose one could assess which line is smaller and just join.  Oh dear, I just found my medallion in my other pocket, no need to go and get one for me. See you on board. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, nbsjcruiser said:

Awesome boarding time! What port are you boarding from? Seems like they have their act together!

1 hour ago, beg3yrs said:

Hmmm ... for those of us in the green lane that have their medallions, I suppose one could assess which line is smaller and just join.  Oh dear, I just found my medallion in my other pocket, no need to go and get one for me. See you on board. 😉

7 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Bon Voyage @nbsjcruiser and @beg3yrs   Hope you all enjoy your sailing on the Sky.

@Host CJSKIDS I didn't mean to make people think I was sailing on the Sky, just thinking out loud (well typing) that folks with medallions could easily get in a shorter blue line by saying they didn't have their medallion and then of course instantly finding it during the last step where the rep goes to retrieve them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

VP Sales said last year to pick whichever lane you want.  IDK what the official line is now.  Obviously a Blue lane attendant can check in a guest with Medallions.

That’s what I would do.  Short line…I’m on it!  Or, should I say, I’m in it!  😬

• Like 2

We boarded the CB  on Jan 21st about 10:15. The Green Lane was the line closest to the terminal wall and very short. We did not have to do the zig zag inside for security. We stayed in the outside lane. The Blue Lane was very long at that time. There was guy far back in the line asking if you had your Medallion and directing you to the correct line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We boarded the Sky Princess on January 13th around 11:30 a.m.  We were in the Green Lane and it was the best.  We were on board in a few minutes.  Blue Lane was long.  We were very happy!  

• Like 1

We now know to keep our medallions hidden until we have a chance to scope out the lines. We learned this after the first time when we were directed to a long green line while the people who entered the terminal with us sailed past us in the blue line. Most of the time the green line is shorter though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Guess you never know what it will be like, until you get to the port.

Just boarded the Discovery in San Pedro and the blue line was "out the door". The green line was not a line since there was almost no one in that line.

Hi, what time did you arrive at the port? Hoping to time our arrival for a short (or no) green line. 

2 hours ago, mthomp5 said:

Hi, what time did you arrive at the port? Hoping to time our arrival for a short (or no) green line. 

We also boarded the Discovery yesterday in SP. We got out of our Uber at 9:30 and there were already a few hundred others ahead of us waiting in a tent to get to Security. The ship was docked at the big tent next to the Iowa BTW.  IOW check-in had not yet opened. About 10AM security screening opened and by the time we got through security and went into to the Green Line for check-in, it was about 10:10. The Green Line was empty and we walked right up to the check-in lady for document check, then went to the lounge for a coffee. Boarding started around 10:30

5 hours ago, lx200gps said:

We also boarded the Discovery yesterday in SP. We got out of our Uber at 9:30 and there were already a few hundred others ahead of us waiting in a tent to get to Security. The ship was docked at the big tent next to the Iowa BTW.  IOW check-in had not yet opened. About 10AM security screening opened and by the time we got through security and went into to the Green Line for check-in, it was about 10:10. The Green Line was empty and we walked right up to the check-in lady for document check, then went to the lounge for a coffee. Boarding started around 10:30

Thanks! I think we’ll aim to get there around 10:30am.  Hoping by then, the line would be moving right along.

Enjoy your time on the Discovery! She’s a beautiful ship.

• 2 weeks later...