Hideaway beach - is it worth it?

Hi all,

Given the different prices on different cruises hideaway beach is going for, I’m wondering a more detailed review of what’s included other than different food and music.

They advertise both a dj and live music.  Are there different areas within hideaway beach for both live music and a dj?  Is it the dj and reggae band from one of the ships that are docked?  Is the dj any different than the one at the main pool?  How much of the day is there a live band?

We would love if there was live reggae music most of the day, something we used to love at the private islands.

What kind of elevated food do they have?  Cococay has a bunch of good options to begin with - not just burgers but ribs, salads, tacos, etc.  Is there seafood?  Shrimp and lobster?  Are there any drinks included compared to the main beaches?

Would love to hear about anyone’s experience there over the last week.  

Thank you.

Not to me, even at the $19.99 price I can get for my March Wonder cruise... but value is subjective. You can only answer it for yourself based on the info you have.

Just got here. For those wondering, you scan your sea pass to enter so no kids would ever be allowed in. 

Yes the pool area is VERY loud (not our scene) but you can easily escape that. We walked down towards the pizza place and got chairs there and it’s much quieter and relaxing. 

Edited by Cruise Gopher
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Yes the pool area is VERY loud (not our scene) but you can easily escape that. We walked down towards the pizza place and got chairs there and it’s much quieter and relaxing. 

This is the second report I've seen noting you can get away from the noise. That was my biggest concern about Hideaway once details were released.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

This is the second report I've seen noting you can get away from the noise. That was my biggest concern about Hideaway once details were released.

Yep when I first heard about the adults only area I was super excited for a nice tranquil place and then when Royal officially announced it as a big party atmosphere I was so disappointed. But yeah in reality it’s very easy to find a nice quiet spot on the far end. 

• Like 3

I know someone who is there right now.  She's posted a couple of videos on her FB page.  She loves HIdeaway and mentioned the best part is not a kid in sight.  It doesn't appear to be a loud party sight.  It seems to me to just be an adult version of the rest of the island-pool with music (not super loud), beach, bars, etc.

• Like 2

We are going to CocoCay twice this year. The minute they announced [loud, blaring] DJ music, that was a show stopper for us. 

We went to the coco beach club 2 out of 4 cruises last year. But the prices are sky high now. If we get off the ship, we’ll probably end up at chill beach near food and drink.

8 minutes ago, BND said:

I know someone who is there right now.  She's posted a couple of videos on her FB page.  She loves HIdeaway and mentioned the best part is not a kid in sight.  It doesn't appear to be a loud party sight.  It seems to me to just be an adult version of the rest of the island-pool with music (not super loud), beach, bars, etc.

It’s 10 in the morning. Party people are just waking up. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Is the whole pool area loud, or is it concentrated on one end?  Is the only tranquil area on the beach, not near the pool?

3 hours ago, adolfo2 said:

Haven't gone yet BUT the heated pool is a big plus in the Winter months 😉

40 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

We walked down towards the pizza place and got chairs there and it’s much quieter and relaxing. 

With these two things in mind -- heated pool + ability to escape noise -- I'd pay $20 in the winter months.  Maximum.  I am aware that my "worth it meter" is set lower than other people's, and I'm okay with that. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We are going to CocoCay twice this year. The minute they announced [loud, blaring] DJ music, that was a show stopper for us. 

We went to the coco beach club 2 out of 4 cruises last year. But the prices are sky high now. If we get off the ship, we’ll probably end up at chill beach near food and drink.

We normally sit by the pool for the morning and bring lunch back to our loungers.  We usually head back to the ship around 1.  I just figured we'd check out Hideaway in April since it wasn't that expensive and see if we liked it.  If it becomes really popular we'll never see the low prices we see now again.  Again, the music isn't not loud and blaring in her video, but we shall see.  What we want is shade to read and maybe a few less people and more food choices.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Is the whole pool area loud, or is it concentrated on one end?  Is the only tranquil area on the beach, not near the pool?

Yes it’s SUPER loud! We are down by the pizza place and the volume has increased (it’s now 11:20am). So the quiet that we had way down here is now gone. I can’t imagine how loud it must be in the actual pool. 

I’m going to walk over to the Hideaway Hut for food in a bit so I’ll get some video and sense for how loud it is. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Miloomar said:

that doesnt seem any louder than the bar area of the main pool on the island

Yep it’s comparable to the Oasis Lagoon pool on the island which in itself is a big party pool too. 

4 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

We are at CocoCay today and going to hideaway beach. I can report back later today. 😎

We're also at Coco Cay today and the Oasis pool is freezing. A heated pool would be nice.

33 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We're also at Coco Cay today and the Oasis pool is freezing. A heated pool would be nice.

Yeah the Hideaway pool is super warm. I stepped into it for a second and was like wow!

2 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Yep it’s comparable to the Oasis Lagoon pool on the island which in itself is a big party pool too. 

There are spots by the Oasis pool where you can hear the music but it's not really a party in my experience unless you're right by the DJ or bar.

We've sat in the same spot maybe half a dozen times now, walking distance from the Oasis Bar, ear shot of the DJ, but definitely not loud.

5 hours ago, BND said:

We normally sit by the pool for the morning and bring lunch back to our loungers.  We usually head back to the ship around 1.  I just figured we'd check out Hideaway in April since it wasn't that expensive and see if we liked it.  If it becomes really popular we'll never see the low prices we see now again.  Again, the music isn't not loud and blaring in her video, but we shall see.  What we want is shade to read and maybe a few less people and more food choices.

I'm guessing ( For the Revenue ) they will cram as many in as possible and it will be as crowded as anywhere else on the island ... just not crowded with kids

Cheers