Kid's Ordering From Regular Dinner Menu?

We are travelling on the Adventure of the Seas in June. We were wondering if our 5 year old daughter will be able to order off of the regular dining menu?
She is an adventurous eater and having the same kid's menu all week will get old for her (and us). I know she'll love some risotto, lobster, hummus, tortellini and all the such and just want to be sure there won't be any issues with this.

My kids became adventurous eaters because of cruising, and even as toddlers rarely ordered off the kids menu.  I challenged them to try something new or prepared differently every day.  They didn't have to finish it if they truly disliked it, but more times than not they surprised themselves by liking it.  It did backfire on me, because at 8 yo in a land restaurant she was planning to order a 5 course meal like on vacation 😆 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, onedaysevening said:

We are travelling on the Adventure of the Seas in June. We were wondering if our 5 year old daughter will be able to order off of the regular dining menu?
She is an adventurous eater and having the same kid's menu all week will get old for her (and us). I know she'll love some risotto, lobster, hummus, tortellini and all the such and just want to be sure there won't be any issues with this.

No problem whatsoever.  Prior to the introduction of the new menus, the kid's menu on certain nights was better than the adults.🤣My granddaughters were also able to order from the adult menu at the specialty restaurants.

• Haha 1

DD is now 24 and Diamond in her own right. Never saw a kids menu. She always tried new things( still does) 

Mine also thought on land that extra entrees or apps were "included". Had to shut that down quickly😁

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:
9 hours ago, brillohead said:

I know several adults who regularly order something off the kid menu, too!

Count my wife in on that. Seems like every other night she orders the Ice cream hot fudge sundae off the kids menu. 

• Like 1

My daughter's first cruise was when she was 13, back in the days of dressing for dinner and assigned tables for all three meals. She doesn't like 'weird' stuff, so the first night she asked for a kid's menu. Bless his heart, the waiter brought her a kid's menu and some crayons.  She ordered from the adult menu and tried something new every night.  🙂

• Like 3

They will happily bring you anything you like for the kids, and. if your child tries something and doesn't like it they will be happy to bring something else.  Please don't worry - they are very good with kids.

• Like 3

On 2/4/2024 at 8:55 AM, NanciRDH said:

My kids became adventurous eaters because of cruising, and even as toddlers rarely ordered off the kids menu.  I challenged them to try something new or prepared differently every day.  They didn't have to finish it if they truly disliked it, but more times than not they surprised themselves by liking it.  It did backfire on me, because at 8 yo in a land restaurant she was planning to order a 5 course meal like on vacation 😆 

Oh my goodness I can totally see this being her! For her home cooked birthday meals she already request lobster risotto, caviar is her favorite on Christmas Eve...I'm going to go broke! bahaha

On 2/4/2024 at 3:27 PM, VernRDH said:

DD is now 24 and Diamond in her own right. Never saw a kids menu. She always tried new things( still does) 

Mine also thought on land that extra entrees or apps were "included". Had to shut that down quickly😁

Man, I wish they were included on land...something I have to shut down for myself as well!! 😜

• Like 2

On 2/4/2024 at 8:16 PM, taglovestocruise said:

Count my wife in on that. Seems like every other night she orders the Ice cream hot fudge sundae off the kids menu. 

Is that still on the menu. 

My nephew is an adventurous eater and first tried escargot on a cruise when he was 7 or 8 and loved it so much he looks for it on every cruise.  Most waiters don't even bat an eye when he orders it or when he asks for a second one!

Hope your daughter enjoys trying so many different foods!  It's one of the great things about cruising.

• Like 2

On 2/4/2024 at 8:31 AM, onedaysevening said:

We were wondering if our 5 year old daughter will be able to order off of the regular dining menu?

yes, of course. Mine never liked the kid's menu offerings on any ships, and he is FAR from being an adventurous eater (but he loves veggies). The only thing he always gets which is considered a "kid's menu offering" is a fruit salad with every dinner.

When he was younger, we had an agreement about food on cruises: he ate whatever he wanted for breakfast and lunch, but I ordered his dinner for him. I always got something reasonable for him that I knew he was going to eat. Now that he is 12, he orders for himself.  He is still not an adventurous eater, though, but he is willing to get a bite of something off of our plate if it's not a food he knows he hates (he has some sensory sensitivities when it comes to food texture). 

He does love Sorrento pizza.

• Like 1