Permanent change to lounge access?

8 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

FYI - The D+ "tiers" are 175, 340, and 525.

Mistyped 🙂 . We are nearing the second (340) .. Will be there in the first quarter of 2025.

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, actuarian said:

Pinnacle still includes quite a few perks that are not available at other levels: Boarding with the suites, breakfast at a specialty restaurant with the suites, access to the suite sundeck and, most of the time, access to Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge. However Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge are not always available to Pinnacles and the Crown Lounge is often overcrowded. There may come a time when Coastal Kitchen and maybe also the Suite Lounge are strictly limited to guests in suites, as is Luminae on Celebrity. Then the Crown Lounge will be limited to Pinnacles and the new tier that will probably be midway between D+ and Pinnacle. They could also incease the points requirement for Pinnacle. Imagine Crown Club at 500 points and Pinnacle Club at 1,000 points.

Of course P includes more benefits than D+, as well it should.  Many P's have thousands of points.   I wasn't listing all benefits,  mainly those  where upper tier  D+ and P are similar .

Many of the P. benefits you listed are not always offered to P's.  It is nice when it is,  but we never plan on it.    We now purchase the dining package ( if not is a full suite) so we don't have to jockey position for CK dining.   Not that it matters, my least favorite benefit is the SL.  

We have several cruises coming up and NONE include a ship with a CK.  Dinner will be MRD or specialty.  no stress. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

3 hours ago, Mick B said:

As I may have said before, elsewhere on here, one of the benefits of the lounge is a nice quiet and  safe place,

Mick.

Safe Place?.....Never considered the lounges to be any safer than other public areas of the ship.  . First I've heard of this as a selling point.  Had a drink in the champagne bar last week on Allure and  felt safe. 

M

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

lucky , I've never seen  that machine operational that early.  Seems it is closer to 7AM 

M

I have seen staff getting coffee there on different ships.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Honestly....IMO it isn't about wanting to spend time in the lounge(s).  It's about being told you CANNOT go into the lounge that is disturbing to some.

Understand now.  And this makes sense.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

and all Pinnacle, not just those with 700 points.  Many cruisers have thousands of points.   There is no increase in benefits from 700 to 2000, 3000 or higher

One P benefit increase is free Jr. Suite (vs. Balcony) at 1400+ points.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Some people enjoy relaxing in a lounge. I could ask why people sit on a crowded pool deck or see Broadway shows that I would find horribly boring... but I don't because, again, different people like different things.

Understand.  But from what is being posted, how relaxing can it be if it's crowded?  I am just curious.  If relaxing in a lounge is the object, why not go to other lounges where there's a bar?  We have done that before up on the lounge next to the Diamond clubs.  I am guessing that this is during the happy hour when the snacks are served?

3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Good to know, thanks!  Prior to 7, I've generally used a voucher at the coffee shop, I'll try the lounges again. 

M

I did this on the Vision, Symphony and Radiance.  I think the Grandeur as well because the suite lounge one was not working one day.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

how relaxing can it be if it's crowded?

For some people, apparently it's relaxing. I'll use my pool deck example again... I want no parts of sitting on a crowded pool deck but obviously tons of people find that relaxing/enjoyable.

Personally, I only want access to the CL during HH so I can pop in and check out the snacks. I enjoy some of them. As long as I can get 2 seats, I don't really care if it's crowded or not. If not for the snacks, I wouldn't go during HH.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Because you deem it stupid & boring that means you can't understand why others enjoy it?

There are plenty of things on a ship I personally dislike or have no interest in but I understand why others do. Different strokes... that's the beauty of cruising.

I think they should close it and be done with it!

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I've never seen  that machine operational that early.  Seems it is closer to 7AM

It varies greatly by ship. I have seen both scenarios.

I've may have also had to make it operational by emptying the grounds myself on more than one occasion.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

If relaxing in a lounge is the object, why not go to other lounges where there's a bar?  

I personally have found the other lounges (during HH) either A) very crowded, B) very noisy, C) loud music, D) no conversations allowed (trivia), or E) a combination of A, B, C or D.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Not sure who that benefits but you are of course entitled to your opinion.

Seems like attempting to use the 'entitled' portion would be a proper statement as well. 

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I've may have also had to make it operational by emptying the grounds myself on more than one occasion.

I have also emptied the grounds while another passenger located the beans and we had the machine up and running in minutes . 🙂

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I’m laughing because on many occasions we’ve emptied the grounds, added beans, gotten more cups and lids….only thing we haven’t done is add milk, and we won’t do that.

In fact we were just on Wonder in a suite and a couple of mornings I emptied the grounds because I get there around 7ish and even though it’s open, sometimes there’s no one around

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

It totally surprises me how much people care about that stupid, boring lounge!

It totally surprises me why you would care. I've never been in and not familiar with this stupid, boring lounge you speak of. 🙃 

7 hours ago, jean87510 said:

It is a mystery especially with vouchers available now.  There's so much to see and do on ships, why just sit in a lounge?  

Not a mystery for me. Personal preference for those that enjoy the CL. No different than those that want their caffeine fix in the AM and elect to go to the CL. HH 5 to 8. We are there by 4:55 and gone by 5:30 but NLT 5:45. We have always enjoyed the DLs and now will still enjoy the CLs. When the weather is crappy and can't sit on the balcony or on the sun deck the CL is a good place away from the crowds. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

But from what is being posted, how relaxing can it be if it's crowded?  I am just curious.  If relaxing in a lounge is the object, why not go to other lounges where there's a bar? 

“Relaxing” is during the day (especially when weather is inclement) not at night when bar services are required.  

It is generally relaxing during the day but there are exceptions. 

30 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

“Relaxing” is during the day (especially when weather is inclement) not at night when bar services are required.  

It is generally relaxing during the day but there are exceptions. 

Which is why I noted probably not during the happy hours.  And why I asked is it really relaxing being that crowded supposedly?

36 minutes ago, doghog said:

Not a mystery for me. Personal preference for those that enjoy the CL. No different than those that want their caffeine fix in the AM and elect to go to the CL. HH 5 to 8. We are there by 4:55 and gone by 5:30 but NLT 5:45. We have always enjoyed the DLs and now will still enjoy the CLs. When the weather is crappy and can't sit on the balcony or on the sun deck the CL is a good place away from the crowds. 

If the lounge is so crowded during happy hour, and we are given our vouchers, why don't people use them elsewhere and relax elsewhere?  Is it the appetizers?  If weather is crappy, I can see going there for a place to sit other than one's room.  My question is solely for the evening hours during happy hour.