infinite veranda, does anyone like these things?

sunsetme

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

Scroll back. He refers to having sailed in balcony cabins on Ascent and Apex. 

You may be right, but is there a reason you don't want to let them answer directly?

Tone doesn't carry in text so not trying to attack you, just wanted to hear it directly from them. 

2 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

You may be right, but is there a reason you don't want to let them answer directly?

Tone doesn't carry in text so not trying to attack you, just wanted to hear it directly from them. 

Simply trying to be helpful. Nothing more nothing less. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruise47 said:

No one likes these balconies and that is why Celebrity Cruises Lines E Class Ships are sailing at 96% capacity.

Of course they do including several on this thread (not us). However the ships being at 96% capacity doesn't indicate liking or not liking IV's. Passengers choose by: itinerary, in some countries only E class is available, S and M class don't have IV'S etc etc.

1 hour ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Likely a bit over simplified however saying “no one” likes these balconies is incorrect as all of us know at least “someone” that likes them 

Lol, I'm someone 😀

I personally love them... Way more than a traditional balcony.

It's hard to tell what the actual percentages of like/dislike is. Certainly the vast majority of people who post on threads like these hate them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

I personally love them... Way more than a traditional balcony.

My preference is a traditional open balcony/veranda but I like the IV well enough to keep going back; the total ship experience is important and, for me, E-class offers a superior one.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, d9704011 said:

My preference is a traditional open balcony/veranda but I like the IV well enough to keep going back; the total ship experience is important and, for me, E-class offers a superior one.  

And that's all that matters. Doesn't matter what others hate, like, etc. 

4 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

So we are on page 9 already.

No one has been able to answer the question:

If the IVs are so good,  then why are they not in the suites?

The “infinite verandah” is supposed to “add” space to those particular cabins when opened.

Suites are already larger in size so an “IV” isn’t necessary.

IMHO.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

The “infinite verandah” is supposed to “add” space to those particular cabins when opened.

Suites are already larger in size so an “IV” isn’t necessary.

IMHO.

Yet the Suites and the Sunset Verandas have higher price tags.  They could do the same with the Sunset Verandas to add more space.  Would people pay as much for them?

It seems like the Sunset Verandas are at a higher price point and sell out fast because they don't have the IVs.

More space vs a balcony ...

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Yet the Suites and the Sunset Verandas have higher price tags.  They could do the same with the Sunset Verandas to add more space.  Would people pay as much for them?

It seems like the Sunset Verandas are at a higher price point and sell out fast because they don't have the IVs.

The lack of IV's on the Sunset Verandah cabins has nothing to do with their popularity, IMO. They’ve been highly desirable for many years which is confirmed by the higher price point that X assigns them.

16 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

The lack of IV's on the Sunset Verandah cabins has nothing to do with their popularity, IMO. They’ve been highly desirable for many years which is confirmed by the higher price point that X assigns them.

How else are you going to get a balcony without paying for a suite?

I think if you as a couple enjoy the same things out of a cabin veranda, then and IV would work for you. You can leave the divider door open and open and close the window when you want to.  Then just put down the shade at night.   And hopefully, the afternoon sun doesn't cook  you in your cabin.  😃

If however; one of you is an early riser and likes to enjoy time on the balcony while your partner is sleeping, then that is where the problem is.  The noise from shade being opened and the window going down makes it impossible for people who sleep in.  

We don't think about IV cabins as having a balcony.  We look at it as a cabin with added space and a window that opens.  😃  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

More space vs a balcony ...

AQ Class has a higher price..with an IV..   That's why we book the SV for our APEX cruise

17 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Is that not an obscured balcony?  I call it balcony lite.

Splitting hairs, yes not as open as a traditional balcony but still a balcony. We kindly called it the tuna fish can balcony and liked it. Checked out an IV while on the Apex and glad we went with a DPV. Booked another DPV for our Edge cruise.  

Edited by doghog
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, doghog said:

Splitting hairs, yes not as open as a traditional balcony but still a balcony. We kindly called it the tuna fish can balcony and liked it. Checked out an IV while on the Apex and glad we went with a DPV. Booked another DPV for our Edge cruise.  

we also like this category a lot!  Small balcony but perfect for our needs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

we also like this category a lot!  Small balcony but perfect for our needs.

9 hours ago, doghog said:

Hey, don’t talk about it too much. They are cheaper than IVs and real balconies, although a little small. Don’t let the cat out of the bag. I’m waiting to get on Ascent next month to book one on Xcel

• Like 2