Boarding soon

24 minutes ago, Harrisonkid said:

Thanks...amd that's why my Wife loves Me 🤪

Hey, gotta be at least one reason right?

But seriously, you get them at bars. If the first bar you visit doesn't have them, they can probably tell you what bar does.

• Like 1

Just now, Woozisuzi said:

what do these cups look like, can someone share a pic?

I assume this is your cup for the sodas for your entire cruise?

Thanks.

The cups used vary depending on stock. Yes, and they are mainly useful on ships which have the Freestyle machine which requires the cup. You can get soda at any bar without the cup. 

5 minutes ago, Woozisuzi said:

what do these cups look like, can someone share a pic?

I assume this is your cup for the sodas for your entire cruise?

Thanks.

20230214_192313.jpg.5e1203737e2e9edcee6e5a80ebda1306.jpg

Here is what they look like currently- you only have to carry these if your ship has a coca cola freestyle machine, which is the touchscreen coke machine with TONS of options. If your ship doesn't have these machines, OR if you just want to ask the bartenders for sodas, you don't need to carry this cup around- you can always use your seapass and just ask the bar for a soda if you want, you just won't have as many options from the bars. 

6 minutes ago, Woozisuzi said:

Thanks, Oasis in August is my plan and drink package purchased so looking forward to grabbing one of these for the soda machine!

This was from Oasis in October, so should be the same. There are quite a few of the freestyle machines on Oasis, too.... when you board on day one, there will be a table right in the promenade where you can pick up the cup 

They must keep track of whether each person with a package picked up a cup or not, right?  Otherwise you could go to different bars and pick up multiple and be able to give them to “friends” to use them at the Freestyle machines.

20 minutes ago, Secretlyfi said:

They must keep track of whether each person with a package picked up a cup or not, right?  Otherwise you could go to different bars and pick up multiple and be able to give them to “friends” to use them at the Freestyle machines.

Yes. They check that you are eligible (despite what your Set Sail Pass may say) and will charge you if you pick up more than one. Or lose your cup and ask for another. 

57 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

What do people do with these cups after a cruise? Throw them away? Use them until they get destroyed by the dishwasher?

We gave one away as a souvenir that was still wrapped... the other 3 are taking up a ton of room in my already crowded cabinet but my kid insists on using one of them every once in a while. I'm about to bring one to work and leave it here for water...not sure how safe it would be with hot fluids 

2 hours ago, Secretlyfi said:

They keep track of when they issue you one. If you lose it, they charge $5 for a replacement cup, although not every crew member will charge you for a replacement cup. 

9 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

As the previous poster mentioned, the easiest place to pick them up is at the table in the Promenade (assuming the ship has one). 

In the Centrum on ships don't have a promenade. Also, sometimes just outside the WJ.