Printing Itineraries from HAL Website

Checking on our bookings, I notice that the HAL website has changed how itineraries are presented and available for printing.  They used to be kind of plain and simple.  Now the look is more in line with what other cruise lines are doing - - a busier look, with photos.  What used to be three pages to print is now about fifteen pages and quite colorful.

Not a big deal for short cruises, but in planning long cruises, I enjoy printing the itinerary to keep track of dining and excursions, and I make notes about the ports. 

So...any thoughts on the new look?  Suggestions on how to get a more streamlined printout?  Other fun ways to plan?

Thanks  for your ideas.

I hate it.   Already voiced my opinion with HAL.   My 30 day voyage is 78 pages and my 35 day voyage is 50 something and will grow as we add activities.   I like to print a copy to leave with housesitter, family and for our on use onboard.   It’s impossible to do so without buying multiple ink cartridges!    Give me the old printable version!! 

• Like 6

I too prefer the previous simple version.

But for giving to others who have computers or smartphones, I use the "Print to PDF" feature (or whatever phrase your browser uses) and e-mail it to them.

Or for a bare-bones itinerary you can use the itinerary page of your confirmation receipt. (Page 4 for me)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AncientWanderer said:

Checking on our bookings, I notice that the HAL website has changed how itineraries are presented and available for printing.  They used to be kind of plain and simple.  Now the look is more in line with what other cruise lines are doing - - a busier look, with photos.  What used to be three pages to print is now about fifteen pages and quite colorful.

Not a big deal for short cruises, but in planning long cruises, I enjoy printing the itinerary to keep track of dining and excursions, and I make notes about the ports. 

So...any thoughts on the new look?  Suggestions on how to get a more streamlined printout?  Other fun ways to plan?

Thanks  for your ideas.

I typically just copy and paste the whole thing into word and then delete unwanted pictures and other irrelevant information, then print from there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I agree that the new format is a horrible idea.   In addition to all the unnecessary additions, mine is missing two ports.  They are still selling excursions for those ports, but they aren't listed on the itinerary.

@Shmoo here You have a good idea, but that is a lot of work for something that should be readily available.  I think they could have a web version and a print version.  Many sites do that.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, dfish said:

I agree that the new format is a horrible idea.   In addition to all the unnecessary additions, mine is missing two ports.  They are still selling excursions for those ports, but they aren't listed on the itinerary.

@Shmoo here You have a good idea, but that is a lot of work for something that should be readily available.  I think they could have a web version and a print version.  Many sites do that.

Certainly.  But it fills my "me time" on my computer when I need something to do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AncientWanderer said:

Thanks  for your ideas.

I go to an online travel website and print a simple itinerary from there.  

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

I go to an online travel website and print a simple itinerary from there.  

3 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

We print our itinerary from other websites .

I do the same, more or less, with a few tweaks of my own. Have never used the ones from HAL.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, dfish said:

I’m hoping they will do just what you suggest— give a plain print option.  Most airlines do.

• Like 1

I have an itinerary with two April 2nds and no April 1st. My wife said, "Maybe it's an April Fool's joke." I replied, "Oh, it's a joke alright."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As far as printing is concerned, the print directives for CSS were being used in earnest in 1996. Maybe HAL will adopt them in time for the 30th anniversary in two years. 😉

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, syesmar said:

In the past, I found the V-2go site is good for printing my itineraries. It has lines I can keep when I paste and I can add items like excursion contacts, etc.

I do the same thing - paste it into a Word document and then add a column for notes on the various ports.

• Thanks 1