LIVE from the SUN Princess - 9 Mar 2024 - 10-Day Mediterranean - Second Voyage

1 minute ago, CanadianBurger said:

The black thermometer I brought from home to see the temp. It’s magnetic and sticks to the wall. 

Love this idea

thank you!

Will miss your daily reviews, hope you’ve enjoyed your cruise. The information you provided is invaluable and very informative …we’re sailing 27/4 and very much looking forward to it.

Thanks for taking the time to share with everyone

1 hour ago, CanadianBurger said:

Someone ordered “The Rose”, one of the fancy drinks at Crooners. 

IMG_3727.thumb.jpeg.5be292658c8eff1ed9e4247ed4002b07.jpeg

I would order that just to check out the glass and offer cash for it lol

The Rose drink at $20. Is in a very lovely glass. I hope whoever ordered this -that the drink was good as well. Love the presentation.. I know you don’t get the glass to keep but if they offered them for sale, I am sure that they would probably go like “hotcakes”.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

They must be planning to keep a lot of the entertainment in the Piazza. That’s quite a sound & light control center. 

IMG_3728.thumb.jpeg.647b6b5b88900b14c12a977f3f261d56.jpeg

Looks like they could control a mid-size commercial airport from there.

• Haha 4

Love the thermometer! I'm always suspicious of the actual temp compaired to those on the wall. Was it as hot in the dining rooms as people are saying about the areas around the Piazza? Any insight is helpful!

2 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Nice setup, and they don't have to worry about guests trying to access the boards or ask questions what they're doing.

No, they’ll just have to tell them to lower the sound.  Looks like they will blow people out of there.  🤣

1 hour ago, friedicecream said:

Thank you for this thread. It's incredibly informative and dense with content, not judgement or filler. I'm sorry your cruise is ending.

If you can, please let us know about disembarkation Civitavecchia. One of the logistics pieces of my July cruise that is vexing me is that I don't understand how to get from the ship to the train station.

Some guides say the port is unwalkable. Is there some kind of bus that takes you from the ship to the edge of the port? From the ship to the train station? From the port to the train station? Has Princess provided any information about what happens when they kick you off the ship and you don't have a a princess transfer?

There is a port bus which has several places to stop. We did not take the train but saw many people walking with their suitcases from it's direction when we boarded at this port.

1 hour ago, CanadianBurger said:

The black thermometer I brought from home to see the temp. It’s magnetic and sticks to the wall. 

Thank you for sharing this… I just purchased one from Amazon after seeing your post. I wonder how many other people are also going to purchase one? You should receive payment for each one sold. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I will add another to your post count here!!!

I do not remember if you are spending some time now in Rome???  

I am def. living vicariously thru the pictures and info on these European port stops.

I hope Rome Cabs works out well, and you continue to have happy and safe travels!!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Thank you for sharing this… I just purchased one from Amazon after seeing your post. I wonder how many other people are also going to purchase one? You should receive payment for each one sold. 😂

He can if linked to an Amazon storefront. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

Gloriously cool in the cabin when we returned from Pompeii. 

IMG_3729.thumb.jpeg.e3c38c4d13ca9747322a3d94b20ffde4.jpeg 

Do you know what that circular white thing is feeding into the top of the thermostat? Seen it on room tour videos:

image.png.468b101c4c510bdf5aa8c35e79b90ec5.png

10 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Two different reviews that I have seen this week refer to the Sushi Specialty Restaurant as "Makato Ocean".  But the Deck Plan shows it as being Kai Sushi.  So which is it?

The official fact sheet on the Princess site for Sun Princess says Makato Ocean

14 hours ago, cruisedoctor said:

@Globaler  I was on the Sun's maiden voyage.  I'm a "meat eater" and thought that every meat dish that I had was excellent.  Actually, significantly better than on other Princess ships that I sailed on last year.  The beef tenderloin and the beef wellington were so tender, you could almost cut them with a fork.  Also, the filet mignon in the Crown Grill was excellent too.

I do have to wonder how long this will last as the quality of beef served had gone down a year and so ago and several had noticed as I did.  This is a welcome change and was noted as well by our OP.  Is it due to the new ship and a lot of reviews being done?  If this is indeed a change, will we see it across the fleet?  Sorry, but my two bits is on this is being temporary except for SD locations and Signature restaurant.  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I purchased one…..being delivered tomorrow!

• Like 1