Jeans in yacht club

Just off Seascape YC. While I personally would recommend nice khakis, there were plenty of folks in jeans and polos. The above comment uses a wonderful word - suitable. Tony is absolutely correct. You would not be prevented from dining, but other (dressier) clothing for gala would be very suitable. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 15yearsandwaiting said:

Can men wear nice jeans, nice shoes and a polo shirt to dinner on the ship?

Yes.

3 hours ago, 15yearsandwaiting said:

Is there a need for dressier pants or jackets?

No. 

Gala Night

On Gala Night, dress to impress! Whether that means a tuxedo, suit and tie, evening gown or cocktail dress, or perhaps it’s your very best jeans and polo shirt, your attire should fit your own level of elegance. The only thing required is your smile.
Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 5

Not to derail this or not but imagine my surprise when a gentleman came into Le Muse on Divina for dinner is a tank top, shorts, and a bandanna on his head.  It was not gala night but still I was still taken aback. 

Just got off the Seascape and it was NOT uncommon to see men wear jeans to the Yacht Club restaurant and there was no issue with them doing so.  

Additionally, in response to a prior post -   there were plenty of men and women wearing shorts in the Top Sail Lounge with no issues.

I am on a cruise to relax and enjoy life - not to "dress to impress".   If I wanted to be forced to "dress up" for dining, there are several other lines I can choose to sail on.  One reason I specifically choose MSC is because of their dress code!

• Like 4

So we are giving MSC a try and will be in the YC. We typically cruise in the Haven on NCL and the one thing i always liked was wearing nice resort style shorts and polo shirts to dinner in the Haven. Now, on MSC for Gala night i will wear a suit (no tie! Hate them). But hoping that nice shorts and polo shirts will be good for dinner. I am on vacation and do not want to have to wear slacks and button down shirts every night.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wolft927 said:

So we are giving MSC a try and will be in the YC. We typically cruise in the Haven on NCL and the one thing i always liked was wearing nice resort style shorts and polo shirts to dinner in the Haven. Now, on MSC for Gala night i will wear a suit (no tie! Hate them). But hoping that nice shorts and polo shirts will be good for dinner. I am on vacation and do not want to have to wear slacks and button down shirts every night.  

The suit isn't necessary as you can see from the screenshot of the description above, Nice shorts and a polo is fine for every night at dinner. 

I wear casual Metal shirts every day in Yacht Club and have never been denied dining.  For myself, I am on vacation to not dress up and it has never once been an issue on 4 x cruises over the last year.  Wear what you want yourself based on your perceptions.  I would say it may only be an issue if a Rulebook Andy passenger truly cared about others, but thankfully I have been on cruises surrounded by awesome YC patrons (MSC Virtuosa, Euribia, Fantasia).

On 3/17/2024 at 5:37 PM, DaKahuna said:

Not to derail this or not but imagine my surprise when a gentleman came into Le Muse on Divina for dinner is a tank top, shorts, and a bandanna on his head.  It was not gala night but still I was still taken aback. 

Maybe he thought it was 80's night?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, xcell said:

Maybe he thought it was 80's night?

Not sure what he thought and did not bother to ask.  Did not bother me but it was, as best I can recall, the first time I have seen any man wear a tank top to dinner in a 'suite' restaurant. 

Edited by DaKahuna

Out of 5 YC cruise there was only one were they were enforcing a dress code.  It was the Seashore and we saw one person be told no t-shirt at dinner and one woman was told to change her shoes.  That couple never ate in the restaurant the rest of the trip.  I believe it was because of flip flops.  We had talked to them later in the cruise and they said they were so offended they ate elsewhere.  

• Like 1