The Price On My 2025 Cruise Just Went Up Again

Sthrngary

Because I have to much time on my hands, I look at cruise pricing almost every day.  I really focus on them the first day of every month.  I booked a cruise last November will cruising on the Oceania Riviera in the Mediterranean.  The cruise we booked was October 2025, on the Oceania Vista, 10-Day Mediterranean Cruise that went so mostly different ports then our Riviera Cruise. By booking onboard, we got 5% off the fare because we booked it so far in advance, $600.00 per cabin off because it was a Penthouse, $250.00 OBC for the new cruise, and $800.00 of SimplyMore excursions which is now $600.00 if you booked it today. 

As of this morning, the rates for this cruise which is wide open went up $400.00 per guest.  I was hoping to say a reduction or sale but not this time.  I found this interesting and will watch in the future it a few months from now, they do a "Super Sale" reduce to fare by simply giving back what they just added.  That last sentence is simply a theory but one that I will enjoy watching if it should unfold.  

Fare watching is a hobby of mine.  In this case, I am very happy we pulled the trigger on the ship.  What I am unhappy about is the darn cruise is so far away. 

Cruise well and Enjoy Every Moment. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

Because I have too much time on my hands, I look at cruise pricing almost every day. ... Fare watching is a hobby of mine.... 

You're not alone, though I love watching for sales

Doesn't look like O is doing anything sales-wise in April other than the "pre-cruise hotel offer".

Thankfully we're only about 150 days out from 22 nights on Sirena in the Baltic, Aug-Sept (12 nights London to Stockholm and then the 10-nights B2B Stockholm to Copenhagen), plus 3 nights prior in London and 3 night after in Copenhagen. We can't wait!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

Because I have to much time on my hands, I look at cruise pricing almost every day.  I really focus on them the first day of every month.  I booked a cruise last November will cruising on the Oceania Riviera in the Mediterranean.  The cruise we booked was October 2025, on the Oceania Vista, 10-Day Mediterranean Cruise that went so mostly different ports then our Riviera Cruise. By booking onboard, we got 5% off the fare because we booked it so far in advance, $600.00 per cabin off because it was a Penthouse, $250.00 OBC for the new cruise, and $800.00 of SimplyMore excursions which is now $600.00 if you booked it today. 

As of this morning, the rates for this cruise which is wide open went up $400.00 per guest.  I was hoping to say a reduction or sale but not this time.  I found this interesting and will watch in the future it a few months from now, they do a "Super Sale" reduce to fare by simply giving back what they just added.  That last sentence is simply a theory but one that I will enjoy watching if it should unfold.  

Fare watching is a hobby of mine.  In this case, I am very happy we pulled the trigger on the ship.  What I am unhappy about is the darn cruise is so far away. 

Same here with our 2 booked cruises. We have a PH on Marina in October and price just went up by $200 this time (had already increased by $200 before also) I’m a bit surprised went up again as it has been completely Wait Listed for months….but I guess may start clearing that list and will now require the new price. Also have a cruise for June 2025 we booked while on board in February. An A2 on Vista. It just went up $400…. So now $600 more than what we got it at by booking while on board. 

• Like 1

Since O tends to raise prices globally at the beginning of the new quarter, esp. Jan 1 and July 1, not too surprising if they raised prices on April 1st, the start of the new quarter.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I think many people have the money to travel, not to mention a strong desire to do as many wonderful experiences as possible.  None of us is getting any younger...seize the day(s).

I am excited for my first O cruise, but still wondering how pricey my one-way airfare might be in the next few months.  That might put a little damper on where I stay in Portugal.  Lots to consider, but it will work out one way or another.  Also, there is a thread about Vista and its TA on this board, so that is very interesting to me.  Life is so full of choices!🥰

I believe my cruise price was a good deal, so no worries there.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Thanks 1

I think there may be some new additions to the OClub discount list, but that may be me not paying attention. I don't remember Alaska 2025 being there before (but I'm stayed up super late last night so have more brain fog than usual). There is also a $499 premium flight upgrade, but I don't monitor that for additions since I prefer DIY flights (ditto regarding solo fares).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

here is also a $499 premium flight upgrade

I don't know if people are paying attention but this is a big increase. My Aug cruise that I have PE on was $199 pp. I booked it Sept 22. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORV said:

I don't know if people are paying attention but this is a big increase. My Aug cruise that I have PE on was $199 pp. I booked it Sept 22. 

The few times I've checked International PE flights recently, the PE-to-Economy difference is much (+ another much) bigger than a year or two ago (and $500 would be a bargain, at least for the itineraries I look at). You have a fantastic deal.

As a guess, these price increases are merely an effort in price equilibrium between these cruises and the soon to be comparable new releases later this month. I doubt they want to do a new 25-26 cruise release at prices $$$ more expensive than those currently available.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

The few times I've checked International PE flights recently, the PE-to-Economy difference is much (+ another much) bigger than a year or two ago (and $500 would be a bargain, at least for the itineraries I look at). You have a fantastic deal.

I went back and looked at some other cruises, 9 months ago we had PE from DFW to LHR for $149 pp then home from Dublin-DFW for $149 pp. $298 total pp for round trip. 

Oh Wait, Who am I sounding like?

Edited by ORV
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, ORV said:

I went back and looked at some other cruises, 9 months ago we had PE from DFW to LHR for $149 pp then home from Dublin-DFW for $149 pp. $298 total pp for round trip. 

Oh Wait, Who am I sounding like?

Not a problem yet, now if you tell us this 199 more times…….

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, ORV said:

1 hour ago, AMHuntFerry said:

A lot has changed since 2022. We often book an air with miles and I need to have the same amount of miles and even more now for international PE that I used to redeem for BZ class couple years ago.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Sorry, slightly off topic, but tangentially related to pricing, and didn't want to start a new topic.

Whilst on our Viking TA, (just returned from BCN yesterday), I looked at O website to check in on a cruise of interest.  Website was UK site, and could not get to US site.  Pricing was in €.

Was interesting to see that there was none of the 2 for 1 fare marketing scheme.  1st did not include air.  1st column gular fare was uniformly €1,000 higher than offered fare.  This same €1,000 fare difference was across all cabin cats.

Edited by FetaCheese

Posted (edited)

Continuing...

1st column fare was €1,000 more than offered fare.  This same €1,000 fare difference was up and down all cabin cats.  So not sure if UK has different marketing laws than those is US.

Next, learned that grats are included in fare price.  SM shorex credit is given in USD, ( same amount as US website). Did a quick currency conversion, and UK prices seemed to be somewhat higher, even accounting for $18 pppd grats.

Edited by FetaCheese

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

I also regularly check prices. Our November 2024 cruise that we booked for roughly $8,200 pp is today $12,000 pp.  That's insane. Wonder if it's a misprint.

Edited by Mrs f.
  • Thanks 1

Oceania raises prices quarterly, so not a big surprise to see the number go up on April 1.  If they lower a price, it will likely not be advertised.  The days of last minute deals seems to have gone away.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

Continuing...

1st column fare was €1,000 more than offered fare.  This same €1,000 fare difference was up and down all cabin cats.  So not sure if UK has different marketing laws than those is US.

Next, learned that grats are included in fare price.  SM shorex credit is given in USD, ( same amount as US website). Did a quick currency conversion, and UK prices seemed to be somewhat higher, even accounting for $18 pppd grats.

The prices you’re referring to are ‘European’ prices in € which are different again to UK prices.

I think it’s really difficult to cross check the pricing mechanisms for each country. Here in the UK we do have different consumer laws and as a result our prices are appreciably higher. To make matters more complicated our invoices are in pounds sterling with the shorex etc converted at the going rate from $ to £ yet onboard they appear as $$ again!! 

I decided a while ago that if there were any cruises that I planned on possibly booking onboard I make a note of the prices in my local currency before I leave. Once onboard the brochures are all priced in $$, and the internet gives only the local pricing, ie. €€ in Europe etc.

In saying all that we now have the option of ‘onboard’ booking perks  30 before sailing which makes price comparisons much easier.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mrs f. said:

I also regularly check prices. Our November 2024 cruise that we booked for roughly $8,200 pp is today $12,000 pp....

Though WHEN did you originally book it? The 2024 cruises could be booked rather early in 2022. And was it on sale? There were some great sales in 2023!

WE booked first week January 2024. 

I don't think this cruise was originally supposed  to be. Because of what is happening at the Red Sea, i think they had to reroute.  Its' the November 14th Barcelona to Capetown Cruise.

WE just took the cruise without airfare. No sale.

4 hours ago, Mrs f. said:

I also regularly check prices. Our November 2024 cruise that we booked for roughly $8,200 pp is today $12,000 pp.  That's insane. Wonder if it's a misprint.

31 minutes ago, Mrs f. said:

WE booked first week January 2024. 

I don't think this cruise was originally supposed  to be. Because of what is happening at the Red Sea, i think they had to reroute.  Its' the November 14th Barcelona to Capetown Cruise.

WE just took the cruise without airfare. No sale.

I booked the segment which follows yours.

Those two segments were a different pricing structure due to the reroute you mentioned.

I had been following closely what would happen with those itineraries.

I booked the day after it was released in December 2023.

The price was a bargain, but has now skyrocketed.

I see it however as a different pricing history than what would be usual.

Posted (edited)

Surprise - We're booked on the Riviera Sept 2025 and the fare has gone up $800pp.  Which is why we book as soon as we know which cruise we want!

Edited by ronrick1943
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1