Yacht Club Private?

57eric

I'm late to the game on the whole Ben and David thing.  The last time I was on MSC the Yacht Club was a private area, open only to passenger who had booked Yacht Club cabins.  Nowhere in all the coverage and discussion of the "incident" did I see an explanation of what basis the gentlemen in question had for being in the Yacht Club.  Did they have a YC cabin, or is the YC no longer a private area?  I assume they didn't just sneak in.  Otherwise, MSC would have had no basis for the apology they issued.

There was a long thread where they were filming for their YouTube channel and some people complained.  Apparently someone had given them permission but guests were annoyed, etc. and complained.  They were asked to stop and some thought they were mistreated.  They chose to debark early rather than remain until the end of the cruise.  EM

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

They were asked to stop and some thought they were mistreated.  They chose to debark early rather than remain until the end of the cruise.  EM

Perfect ending. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

From their Facebook page:

“Ahoy, we have just had a meeting with MSC Cruises. We are pleased MSC Cruises are taking this very seriously and have apologised profusely and expressed their disappointment with what happened to us on the MSC World Europa.

They are going to be taking proactive measures to prevent such incidents in the future, including the implementation of a fleet wide training program to equip crew members with better skills to handle similar situations.

Furthermore, MSC Cruises has extended an invitation for us to collaborate on developing a new policy for content creators and filming/taking photographs onboard. This policy aims to support both invited and non-invited content creators while safeguarding the comfort and privacy of passengers and crew. We think this marks a significant step forward, as no other cruise line has undertaken such an effort before.

In addition to these measures, MSC Cruises will be providing us with a full refund.

We really want to move past this incident and transform the negativity surrounding it into something positive. We have accepted the apology offered by MSC Cruises.

We sincerely thank you all for your amazing support throughout this all. Now, we are eager to refocus on our passion: creating entertaining cruise content and sharing our adventures with you all.

Thank you once again for your support.”

• Like 1

I am mixed on this but believe BEN & Jerry, sorry had to, were dramatic about this.  I appreciate some of the content on youtube about cruises, but believe some of these youtubers for profit have gone over the top.  Maybe I am a little jealous that they get to cruise all the time and somewhat rub it in our face.  There is moderation, but everyday and feeling that that they are privileged.  I do know they can hold cruiselines hostage with social media as most people can and will with companies.  There are people in YC that do not feel comfortable with that type of youtubing going on and believe some amusement parks have frowned or discouraged social media filming from happening.  Again moderation, no drama if asked to not film and stop rubbing your constant cruising in our face.  I have ranted enough, I am done watching the whining from those two privileged prima donnas.  There I said what I am feeling about this, like it or not.  Done.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Rfemle said:

"I do know they can hold cruiselines hostage with social media as most people can and will with companies."

In my considered opinion, this is why cruises are so hesitant to enforce so many rules. They know any given attempt may result in a tantrum that is instantly recorded and sent to social media.

• Like 4

I am not mixed on this at all. You Tubers (Content Creators?) have no rights on a cruise ship unless they somehow get permission prior to filming. If they somehow get permission from the cruise line, then I would raise holy hell at the invasion of my privacy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Beaver1975 said:

I am not mixed on this at all. You Tubers (Content Creators?) have no rights on a cruise ship unless they somehow get permission prior to filming. If they somehow get permission from the cruise line, then I would raise holy hell at the invasion of my privacy.

If more and more guests complain about people who are making videos.....😡

...the result will be that more and more people who make videos will invest in smaller/hidden cameras so that the guests who complain won't even know that a video is being made until after the video is uploaded for the world to see. 😳

Would you rather know that you are being recorded (larger camera) or not know that you are being recorded (smaller camera)?

For better or for worse, not being recorded isn't an option until someone sells suits with built-in stealth like in the movie 'Predator'.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Would you rather know that you are being recorded (larger camera) or not know that you are being recorded (smaller camera)?

Now that might cause some to second guess cruising w/ the secretary...

Edited by bucfan2