What to put as zip codes if booking for parents living outside of the US? 

Coffee30

Hi fellow cruisers! 

As I was trying to book a princess cabin for my parents, I came across a page where they were asking for the US zip codes of the passengers. Does anyone know if my zip code can be used here directly? 

Or if I split up the bookings to my mother & me in one room, then my father & my brother in another room, would that allow us to use US zip codes in both reservations since me and my brother both live in the US? 

However, I would prefer to book my parents in the same room so that I can try to put higher bids for them for club class perks, which I believe are tied to whoever’s names the upgraded cabins are booked under, if the zip codes are not a problem. 

Thanks in advance for your help sharing any information or relevant experiences! 

Thank you for letting me know! That’s good to hear as I’m booking cruises for the first time so kind of stressed that I’ll do something wrong lol 

Thanks again for the info! 

15 minutes ago, cruisinsince75 said:

And for phone number 867-5309. 🤪

Seen on a T-Shirt:

"What if Jessie's Girl was actually Stacy's Mom, and her phone number was 867-5309?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Coffee30 said:

Ah it’s not the UK so I think we should be good on the insurance side. Thank you for bringing this up though, important thing to check. 

Have you looked into a discounting TA since you are in the US?  I agree with others - just use your own address.  However, you should setup a PCL online account for them so they will get their own Captain's Circle member numbers and you add their own passport information and credit card, birthdate, etc there which carry into bookings.

Posted (edited)

Great advice, thank you! 
And yes I did consider using a TA, but felt that there’re too many TAs online and I find it difficult to verify which are legit. 

I’m now thinking whether to 1) book through United Cruises and earn 7x miles/dollar or 2) book with Princess directly and open a new credit card to earn card opening bonus. 

I’ve looked into Vacations To Go as TA earlier but surprisingly found their prices being basically the same as booking with princess directly so didn’t see a point in going with them..

Edited by Coffee30

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Coffee30 said:

Great advice, thank you! 
And yes I did consider using a TA, but felt that there’re too many TAs online and I find it difficult to verify which are legit. 

I’m now thinking whether to 1) book through United Cruises and earn 7x miles/dollar or 2) book with Princess directly and open a new credit card to earn card opening bonus. 

I’ve looked into Vacations To Go as TA earlier but surprisingly found their prices being basically the same as booking with princess directly so didn’t see a point in going with them..

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Heads up, it is against CC's rules to expressly state the name of ANY travel agency in these forums. Other entities like cruise lines, insurance providers, airlines etc can be discussed and named, just not travel agents.

Edited by lx200gps
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great advice, thank you! 

Yes, welcome to CC and the Princess Forum.  Ask around when you do go on that cruise and you will likely collect some ideas and references for good TA's that also offer true discounts.  I agree - no point in booking with a TA that charges same as Princess list price.

• Thanks 1

On 4/23/2024 at 9:28 AM, Lady Meer said:

Which country do your parents live in, if it’s the UK it could affect their travel insurance.

We are resident UK with UK insurance.

None of the insurance we have used have rules you must book your travel only in UK.

One rule is the travel starts in UK and ends in the UK.

12 hours ago, Coffee30 said:

Great advice, thank you! 

Discount TAs are not allowed to ADVERTISE their discounted rates.  You have to CALL them to get it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Use the website Cruise Compete.  They are not a travel agent, but can provide you several possibilities.  Not hard to then do a Google check on a few.  Definitely worth it for what has worked out to be a 5-8% saving on every cruise as group space (rarely suites) us often available.

Then you can CALL a couple.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, dickinson said:

Discount TAs are not allowed to ADVERTISE their discounted rates.  You have to CALL them to get it.  

Did you actually call a TA?  TAs usually have group rates with refundable deposits and lower fares, but you need to call.

Dickinson is 100% correct.

Thanks all for the suggestions! 
I didn’t know agents can’t advertise their discounted rates online, so haven’t called any. Will definitely look into this more & start calling some. 

Got so much more great info here than I expected when posting, love this forum! (& will make sure I don’t accidentally mention names of agencies again : )

8 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Use the website XXXXXXXXX. 

That one is a no-no to mention specifically and has been deleted in the past.  It does have several participating subscribing travel agencies and acts as an intermediary advertising platform in effect.  You should find non-specific wording to refer to this website like posters who reference the "Big Box".  I have advised posters to look for a website where agents compete for your business (or similar).

Thanks all for the suggestions! 
I didn’t know agents can’t advertise their discounted rates online, so haven’t called any. Will definitely look into this more & start calling some. 

Got so much more great info here than I expected when posting, love this forum! (& will make sure I don’t accidentally mention names of agencies again : )

Not on their public webpages.  They may have hidden or member pages that will indicate discounts.  Some have the discounting baked into their booking engines if you get access to those webpages.