The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday April 23rd, 2024

Good sunny afternoon. Some showers expected tonight. Near 70 tomorrow and then cooler Thursday. 
It’s primary day in PA and we stopped to vote around 10 am . We were number 2 and 3 , what a long day for the poll workers.

It sounds like we’ve had some wonderful answers to prayers today . May they continue to be answered. Birthday wishes are also being sent out 

Have a wonderful evening everyone.

• Like 18

26 minutes ago, dfish said:

I did the snorkeling tour through the ship.  It was a small group of about 12-14 people.

What type of boat was used?

I am happy to hear all the positive medical updates!

• Like 12

I am tired. DH had 2 slices of pizza (that we brought with us) and is resting. I’m so glad we got through this procedure. It all happened!  What a gift!  Tomorrow we do the day-1 check, remove patch, restart meds. Keep moving forward. 

Thrilled for Vanessa @JazzyV!  Amazing right?  Fantastic news. Let the healing begin!  🎆

Thanks @bennybear for the beautiful pictures. Ahhh. It’s good for the soul!  

I think I’ll take the rest of the day off… 

m—

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

Good afternoon everyone.

Thank you all for your concern.

We are doing the best we can.  

@JazzyV Vanessa,  I am so glad the surgery seems to have been successful.  Also thank you for including me and Jim on the Cares List.  

i am trying to get in touch with the doctor so that I can see where we go from here.  I felt that all was well with the last visit.  Guess we all missed something.  

I will post more later.  I have not read all the posts today but will do so.  Just wanted to check in and check on Vanessa.

Thanks to all for your support.

Terri

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

36 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

I am tired. DH had 2 slices of pizza (that we brought with us) and is resting. I’m so glad we got through this procedure. It all happened!  What a gift!  Tomorrow we do the day-1 check, remove patch, restart meds. Keep moving forward. 

Thrilled for Vanessa @JazzyV!  Amazing right?  Fantastic news. Let the healing begin!  🎆

m—

🌺🌺🌺

I know tonight both of you will have a good sleep! Time to take a deep breath and exhale.Recovery is in the works and you deserve a huge hug(virtually) and your DH is the love of your life and I am so happy all was successful! Take the day off like you said and enjoy ❤️

🌺Denise🙂

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

The yard looks so much better now that it's been mowed.  With all the rain and waiting an extra two days to mow, the grass kept sticking to the underside of the mower, so I had to stop a few times and  clean it out.  All I can say about dinner, is thank goodness of leftovers.

3 hours ago, bennybear said:

@JazzyV so glad things went well! Wishing you continued improvement! 

I’m not sure why the sunsets are so amazing either.  I’ve never seen such incredible colours.  And we live by the Rockies, so they can be quite spectacular here too.  We have a friend that was in the USN as well, who says you can’t beat a Kona sundown!     That little spider was there for two months.   He hardly moved and we tried hard not to disturb him or her.  I loved the little face and the ziggy zaggy, lol!

Here’s a few more,  including a green flash which we see quite often but rarely capture on film.

IMG_4492.jpeg

IMG_0718.jpeg

IMG_1780.jpeg

IMG_1798.jpeg

IMG_1791.jpeg

IMG_1976.jpeg

IMG_1609.jpeg

Thanks for more wonderful pictures, Brenda.  We've seen the green flash a few times, but as spectacular as in your two pictures.   I also loved your snorkeling pictures since that is one of my favorite things to do.  We snorkeled a bit in Kauai on a Napali Coast tour, but it was nothing like your pictures.

3 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

We rented kayaks in Kona, just next to the tender dock. Had a hoot in the bat watching the spinner dolphins!  

I was in England 1972 and the coins were a mixture of the old and new… confusing for everyone. 

Overjoyed for you Vanessa!  Go slowly!  

DH is in recovery!  Haven’t seen him yet but soon! It’s suddenly easier to breathe…. 

Maureen, I know it's a relief that your DH is out of surgery and in recovery. 

2 hours ago, 0106 said:

@bennybearThank you for the additional photos and your advice.

Great to hear whales can be seen every where.  I’ve only been to Hawaii once and snorkeled Kealakakua Bay.  I was lucky enough to see the spinner dolphins AND a mother whale who was pushing her baby up to the surface so it could breathe. The captain would count and point and we were lucky enough to see this several times.  My niece still teases me because I was crying as I watched.  First thing she said to me when I told her about seeing the whales in Antarctica was, “Did you cry?”😊

My husband prefers gardens to snorkeling.  I just looked up Big Island Botanical Gardens.  Wow! Can you recommend one?  

We are in port from 8-6 but will be tendering.  Maybe renting a car would be a good idea.  Is there a company near the port? @ottahand7 will also be on this cruise.  Maybe we can organize our own private tour.

Tina, we've rented cars in Kona every time but this year when we took a HIA tour.  We've rented cars in the Courtyard by Marriott the last few times, but when DH check this year, the car rental office was closed.  The nearest place to rent cars that he could find were at the airport, which is a ways out of town.  Hopefully, things will be different when your are there.

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, bennybear said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser thanks for the kind words!     So magical under the sea!  
There  is also an Enterprise in the industrial section very near to Target.   I wasn’t aware the Marriott one was closed as we usually rent at the airport. 

@RMLincoln let the healing begin!  So glad it’s behind you! 

It always oays to check..  Things change often, you have tomkeep checking.

Lenda

• Like 10

Posted (edited)

Vanessa, so happy you had a first good night of sleep in I don't know how long.  

@RMLincoln I am happy to read that your DH eye surgery went well.  

@0106 we would be all in on renting a car in Kona.  Even if an Uber is involved to get one.  No bad traffic I would imagine there.  

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 10

4 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Vanessa, so happy you had a first good night of sleep in I don't know how long.  

@RMLincoln I am happy to read that your DH eye surgery went well.  

@0106 we would be all in on renting a car in Kona.  Even if an Uber is involved to get one.  No bad traffic I would imagine there.  

Thanks Nancy. Got through today. Tomorrow is the day-1 check, we’ll find out what’s what, how she thinks it is. Last time he was very relieved to be able to see when they took the patch off 🙏. He’s asleep, I’ve set up for lights out in just a few…. m—

• Like 13

It's good to have English Language Day and English Muffin Day together, because muffins demonstrate once again that England and the United States are two countries divided by a common language. In other online venues, people in England declare vehemently that what is called an English muffin over here is not a muffin in any way, shape, or form -- but what is a muffin is something that there's less-than-complete agreement on in England, especially if you add pikelets to the conversation.

The menu suggestion would be OK if I had any of the ingredients. I would simplify the drink to just Campari and soda, because I rarely have an open bottle of prosecco handy. For the wine, I'd go with whatever Bordeaux-style blend happened to be available, perhaps Rooster Hill's Cabernet Franc-Lemberger blend, $24.99.

nopoachers.thumb.jpg.4edf7c4f0cf66d35189a4c526a9b898c.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 10

5 hours ago, 0106 said:

What type of boat was used?

I am happy to hear all the positive medical updates!

It was a Zodiac.  The concession was run by Captain Jack or something like that.  The boat ride was an experience in itself as you had to hang on to the ropes on the side. You sat on the side of the Zodiac as there were no seats.  

5 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

m—

Thank you for the great news.  I'm thrilled all went so well.

Let's keep the good news coming.  @ger_77 Maurice is next!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

It's been a long day today, what with training (that was easy) but then i was sent another way to sign my rehire papers, and that took more than an hour, with me, then DH, then the boss and me, then the boss and DH trying to get it done.  I didn't charge them anymore than 15 minutes, because when it came to the other 45 minutes, it was purely DH and I being computer stupid, and one shouldn't charge for stupid.

@RMLincolnInterpretive dancing for joy! that all went well today for your DH, and hoping for GOOD tomorrow!

28953884b6b09720a052d6bf24c56d5e.jpg

@JazzyVNow lets get you to sleep ton8ght, the way you slept last night

4sfgsdg.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

It's been a long day today, what with training (that was easy) but then i was sent another way to sign my rehire papers, and that took more than an hour, with me, then DH, then the boss and me, then the boss and DH trying to get it done.  I didn't charge them anymore than 15 minutes, because when it came to the other 45 minutes, it was purely DH and I being computer stupid, and one shouldn't charge for stupid.

@RMLincolnInterpretive dancing for joy! that all went well today for your DH, and hoping for GOOD tomorrow!

28953884b6b09720a052d6bf24c56d5e.jpg

@JazzyVNow lets get you to sleep ton8ght, the way you slept last night

4sfgsdg.jpg

🌺Annie ! Mahalo, ( can also be goodnight)!

I am amazed by your infectious personality and your carefree attitude! Today is your special day and I would say ok I will deal with this tomorrow!

I gave a toast 🥂 at dinner to you for your birthday 🎂 and to @cunnorl with my DH tonight at Hula Bar and Grill!

🌺Denise🙂

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

• LauraS locked this topic