Queen Anne Cabin Reviews

3 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Sorry, I’m being very stupid. It wasn’t the wedge that stopped you seeing the sea, but other furniture.

I'm just imagining these two fat people being wedged. Are they still there now?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

I'm just imagining these two fat people being wedged. Are they still there now?

I imagine the crew must have a way of freeing them. Or perhaps they have to wait until they lose weight, and escape then, like Winnie the Pooh in the story.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, exlondoner said:

But the layout is the same. A coffee machine is neither here nor there, except its absence creates a little more space to put things down.

I remembered to check the specification of those coffee machines yesterday. It'll easily fit under the bed next time giving us that extra space. Nora detests coffee, and I only drink it from real coffee machines in the lounges.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2024 at 3:44 PM, RJChatsworth said:

Should have said we need a ‘Selbourne’ scrutiny!

Do you mean me? I’d never be invited on a freebie as my live blogs are too honest and ‘warts and all’, whereas the video bloggers are over the top positive, so as to ensure that the freebies and upgrades keep on coming 😂.

We are on Queen Anne in 3 weeks time for the Round Britain (and naming ceremony) cruise, but as I’m not known on the Cunard pages I’m going to give myself a break. I’ve only just recovered from my daily blog on all 65 days of our Grand Tour on Aurora and the pressure I felt to keep it going when views went well over 200,000 😂 

Edited by Selbourne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Do you mean me? I’d never be invited on a freebie as my live blogs are too honest and ‘warts and all’, whereas the video bloggers are over the top positive, so as to ensure that the freebies and upgrades keep on coming 😂.

We are on Queen Anne in 3 weeks time for the Round Britain (and naming ceremony) cruise, but as I’m not known on the Cunard pages I’m going to give myself a break. I’ve only just recovered from my daily blog on all 65 days of our Grand Tour on Aurora and the pressure I felt to keep it going when views went well over 200,000 😂 

but but but .... I know you from the P&O pages! Have a wonderful time, we are on her in June. If you do get chance to write something after the event I'll read it with interest, though not 200k times. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Will you do a write up after the event pleeeease? 😂 We’ve never cruised with Cunard but I’m very much taken with QA so far and I’m crossing my fingers for a 2028 world cruise on her as our retirement present.

• Like 2

Just watched a few videos of QG bathroom.  Some may say I'm picky but shower does look a bit small.  Looks very hard to stand back as you turn it on and stay dry until it warms up. Like a walkin shower with controls not under the shower head. Picky yes but this is QG.

12 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

Just watched a few videos of QG bathroom.  Some may say I'm picky but shower does look a bit small.  Looks very hard to stand back as you turn it on and stay dry until it warms up. Like a walkin shower with controls not under the shower head. Picky yes but this is QG.

Not seen one, but if the shower heads are anything like the 'new' Q1s on QV, The shower head isn't fixed, can be turned away or removed from shower head rail. If that's how the shower is set up, I can't see the problem. In fact, if it IS set up like that, it's great.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Hi Selbourne.

Although I've somewhat moved away from cruising, I have booked a week on Queen Anne, but not until 2026.  The cruise just seemed 'right'. Just a week, but 4 ports new to us, a solar eclipse, and we celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary. 

When you come back, is it ok if I ask a few questions about your general experiences, especially with dining. I noticed elsewhere that you have booked Britannia Club, which is what we are going to have.  As you know from my Saga experience, the dining arrangements can make or break a cruise, so I'd curious to know what you think. 

(I think you deserve a break after the epic Aurora blog!!)  

41 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Hi Selbourne.

Although I've somewhat moved away from cruising, I have booked a week on Queen Anne, but not until 2026.  The cruise just seemed 'right'. Just a week, but 4 ports new to us, a solar eclipse, and we celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary. 

When you come back, is it ok if I ask a few questions about your general experiences, especially with dining. I noticed elsewhere that you have booked Britannia Club, which is what we are going to have.  As you know from my Saga experience, the dining arrangements can make or break a cruise, so I'd curious to know what you think. 

(I think you deserve a break after the epic Aurora blog!!)  

Your review on your Saga experience was extremely informative and, having hovered in the ‘do we, don’t we’ bracket for some years re Saga, we decided against booking with them partly due to your feedback - so I think I owe you one! Happy to answer any questions that you have. The advertised Britannia Club dining was the deciding factor for us so, rest assured, I shall be all over it!

We have another 2 weeks in Britannia Club on Queen Anne at the end of the year, so we can compare the two cruises, just in case our cruise in a few weeks time is blighted by a few teething problems as the crew bed themselves in (as seems to be the case on board at present, judging by the feedback so far). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Selbourne said:

Your review on your Saga experience was extremely informative and, having hovered in the ‘do we, don’t we’ bracket for some years re Saga, we decided against booking with them partly due to your feedback - so I think I owe you one! Happy to answer any questions that you have. The advertised Britannia Club dining was the deciding factor for us so, rest assured, I shall be all over it!

We have another 2 weeks in Britannia Club on Queen Anne at the end of the year, so we can compare the two cruises, just in case our cruise in a few weeks time is blighted by a few teething problems as the crew bed themselves in (as seems to be the case on board at present, judging by the feedback so far). 

That'll be great, thank you.

Hope you have a great time, and that all the wrinkles will be ironed out by the time you get on board

On 5/2/2024 at 11:20 AM, WantedOnVoyage said:

Curious how much better Princess Grill at least appears... in size, space (including between tables) and general sense of occasion that Queen's Grill.. Even the chairs are far more suitable (with arms.. hurray!) than those c. 1958 Italian bedroom chairs in the QG.  

Thank you for saying what I have been thinking. 
I am not at all impressed with the poor excuse for chairs>
We are supposed to be spending 81 days in there for the Grand Voyage and I am not impressed with what I am seeing. 
Cunard seems to have forgotten that those who cruise on long voyages in Queens Grill have many options available to us. 
The Britannia Club dining room chairs looked much better than those is the QG. 

I've been seeing comments about seats for weeks or possibly months.

From the photos and videos I've seen, although some of the seats may have a similar shape, the actual structures are quite different. Some in lounges look much more padded and more reclined than those at tables in eating facilities. There are some large ones that are probably very comfy and supportive but do look a bit like what you might find in a nursing home.

My point; there seem to be a wide variety of different seats to suit all tastes.

The renders perhaps suggested there was a standard basic seat type throughout the ship.

• Like 1

I would love to see a Deluxe Oceanview cabin on Deck One.  These have the two bathrooms.  I have one for a crossing in January.  

On 5/2/2024 at 3:50 PM, Solent Richard said:

Hi @RJChatsworth .

You're obviously not a member of the more popular Cunard fb groups.

Their pages are awash with everything you desire. 

😉😉

The FB groups are a cesspit. Dip in grab info and leave without comment, or you will be ridiculed talked down to and even just laughed at for asking a mere question.

• Like 1

Anyone on board have an obstructed balcony? I’m thinking as the lifeboats are hung lower they may well be not that obstructed?

1 minute ago, Wonky said:

Anyone on board have an obstructed balcony? I’m thinking as the lifeboats are hung lower they may well be not that obstructed?

I guess that's one of the trade offs in the Pinnacle design - better obstructed balconies and the expense of the promenade deck.

Wondering if these 6 are the best of this type? or at least 4056, 4057, 060, 4061

image.png.2a76da136bf4bfaf23d9e50ff960baba.png

On 5/1/2024 at 8:29 AM, tacticalbanjo said:

It's nearly enough to make me want to ruin my trip by recording every moment and having to spend half the day editing hours of footage.

I'm impressed by the bedside charging options. USB A, USB C and a US socket. One side has a UK socket too. Might be able to travel without my multiway! Plus plentiful storage.

Just spent 22 days on aHolland America ship Konsingdam. The bathroom is exactly the same as is the cabin itself but much more storage on the Cunard ship 

Thank you to all who have been posting and taking us along on this voyage. I’ve read all 13 pages and my apologies if I’ve missed what I’m looking for.  I’m interested in a picture of the port side balcony cabin 4174 and 4176. They appear on the deck plans to have a double wide deck due to the white space. I’m also curious what that white space is. I’ve booked this cabin for 21 days in August 2026. Many thanks for any help you can provide. 

IMG_1556.jpeg

13 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Thank you to all who have been posting and taking us along on this voyage. I’ve read all 13 pages and my apologies if I’ve missed what I’m looking for.  I’m interested in a picture of the port side balcony cabin 4174 and 4176. They appear on the deck plans to have a double wide deck due to the white space. I’m also curious what that white space is. I’ve booked this cabin for 21 days in August 2026. Many thanks for any help you can provide. 

IMG_1556.jpeg

No idea, but HAL's pinnacles have that space, too.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

IMG_1556.jpeg

If such a space also occurs on the deck above and below this deck then it could be a crew service elevator. If it only occurs on this deck then it might be a room service kitchen food warming etc. space.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

IMG_1556.jpeg

I had one of these cabins on Rotterdam and indeed it did have a much larger balcony.

• Thanks 1