Never got a crystal block!

Posted (edited)

Hi,

Not that to deny that this is something we can easily live without, but we were promised one and never got it. I'm reading that it's initially obtained when reaching 140 points? We're now at 188. I just sent a message to them about it. We attained 152 points on the Enchantment on a cruise that started March 17, 2022. Perhaps after that sailing is when we got notice that we'd be sent a block. It'd be cool to have. See if I hear anything back. I see the following:

"Once you reach 140 cruise points, you will receive your first crystal block delivery during your sailing. One crystal block is awarded per relationship. It will be delivered to your cabin, often on the exact night you reach the 140 points."   Well...none was ever delivered to our room. I'd remember that. 

Then, however we may be out of luck since I also find the following info:

"Royal Caribbean states in their terms and conditions they will only honor requests for Crystal blocks that have been verified as missing for a maximum of 12 months from the date of claim submission.

Any requests for missing blocks after the 12-month period cannot be accommodated."

Man, that's cheap of them! So I guess no point pursuing it 2 years post-sailing. I seem to recall, however, them specifically them saying they were out of them but that it'd be mailed to us. Should have followed up on it a few weeks after we got home but there was so much going on at the time. So, according to their math, we'd be entitled to a second one at 210 points (every 70), which is doable on the next cruise if it's still 2 daily points for a suite (nothing booked at present though) but I should make a note of it. Still think I should get the first one if they promised to send it back in '22.

Edited by OnTheJourney

18 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Hi,

Not that to deny that this is something we can easily live without, but we were promised one and never got it. I'm reading that it's initially obtained when reaching 140 points? We're now at 188. I just sent a message to them about it. We attained 152 points on the Enchantment on a cruise that started March 17, 2022. Perhaps after that sailing is when we got notice that we'd be sent a block. It'd be cool to have. See if I hear anything back. I see the following:

"Once you reach 140 cruise points, you will receive your first crystal block delivery during your sailing. One crystal block is awarded per relationship. It will be delivered to your cabin, often on the exact night you reach the 140 points."   Well...none was ever delivered to our room. I'd remember that. 

Then, however we may be out of luck since I also find the following info:

"Royal Caribbean states in their terms and conditions they will only honor requests for Crystal blocks that have been verified as missing for a maximum of 12 months from the date of claim submission.

Any requests for missing blocks after the 12-month period cannot be accommodated."

Man, that's cheap of them! So I guess no point pursuing it 2 years post-sailing. I seem to recall, however, them specifically them saying they were out of them but that it'd be mailed to us. Should have followed up on it a few weeks after we got home but there was so much going on at the time. So, according to their math, we'd be entitled to a second one at 210 points (every 70), which is doable on the next cruise if it's still 2 daily points for a suite (nothing booked at present though) but I should make a note of it. Still think I should get the first one if they promised to send it back in '22.

We never received ours when we hit the 140 mark. I thought maybe when we made D+ we would. Nope.  Maybe when we hit 210. I don't share the same disappointment or frustration as you. I never thought to speak with the LA about it. On our next cruise if I remember I will. Give us a couple of extra CAS  drinks and we'll call it even. 

13 minutes ago, pspercy said:

Are they really crystal or just plastic?

I doubt crystal but probably glass..when the sun shines thru them they act as a prism and multi color rays shine thru.. the last several we received were left in our room on the evening we attained the points

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I qualified for my first block in June 2022. At the time you had the option to fill out a form and have it mailed to your house.

Despite several conversations with the LA on board various cruises, we didn't get that first block until March 2024 (when we were half way to block #3). And that was after that ship's LA contacted shore side and was told too much time had passed and we were out of luck to get a block for the ship we were on when we earned it. The LA nicely just gave us one he had for the current ship. So our first block, earned on Serenade, is a block for Adventure.

Edited by smokeybandit

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

At the time you had the option to fill out a form and have it mailed to your house.

We might have done that also. Not sure anymore.

1 hour ago, doghog said:

I don't share the same disappointment or frustration as you.

Not going to lose any sleep over it, and haven't. Just came to mind now having read the other thread about D+ pins. Just thought it'd be cool to have. Nice addition to one of our bookshelves dedicated to travel.

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Thanks 1

Many years ago, I called Royal Caribbean and asked: "Do we get 1 or 2 crystal blocks?"

She said: "Just 1."

I asked: "What if we divorce?"

She said: "You can discuss that with your attorney."

She added: "You'll probably get the crystal block...your wife will want your money."

*True story. :classic_smile:

• Haha 11

Posted (edited)

Funny - we didn't get a block when reaching any of the milestones.  Currently at 254 points and another 14 within the next month.  Not that I really want a block though.  Just a data point.  

Edited by jalves
  • Thanks 1

We are missing 2blocks.  We were already past 140 when they announced these would be given starting at 140 but you not not receive any for past milestones.

The second time was our Harmony cruise in September, 2019.  Did not receive it on the cruise, called Royal after getting home, was told we would receive it in about 6-8 weeks.  Planned to call again after the holidays but family issues and Covid gave me more important stuff to worry about.  Called in late September, 2020 and discovered the 12 month rule.  I think I was a week over 12 months. They did not budge on it.😂

Sherri🙂

• Thanks 1

Apparently it does vary from one instance to another...we were due one on Odyssey in October 2022.  We filled out the form left in our stateroom to have it mailed home. It said due to "supply chain" issues, they were out of stock. (New vendor, perhaps?) In any case we never received that one from Odyssey. On our next cruise in October 2023, I spoke to the LA, who said he'd submit a request to Miami to have it sent. Never received the block. On our next cruise in Feb, 2024 I went to the LA and she kindly said she would take care of it (no mention of a 12 month rule). Within days the block we were missing from Odyssey showed up at home and surprisingly it was the old "clear" style block. (I thought those were no longer available)...I sure had never heard about them denying requests past 12 months. For anyone due a block from past sailings, it may be worth continuing to try to get it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IndyCapt said:

For anyone due a block from past sailings, it may be worth continuing to try to get it.

I will. Never opposed to bugging these cruise line people about stuff if I think it's something they should have given me. Worth a try.

• Like 2

We've had a few and at one time I mailed them to a poster here on CC. He managed to give them to some other posters that wanted them for their collection.

Our most recent (Feb) Explorer cruise I filled out the card to opt out of receiving that one.

I think that option is new.

I know the feeling. I earned it on Oct 2022. As they were out of stock, I left request to send it to me by mail. Never got it. 

This year I send reminder, that I still haven't got it. First they refused. Second time they sent request form, which I filled and sent back. Third time, after I filled form, they refused again. 

In this point I was already upset....

After a few e-mail I added mbayley to cc and things happened, even I was not hopping anymore... 

We never received a block for 140 because we weren't on a ship when we hit that number. We got to 140 during the points transition time, from 1 point a sailing to 1 point per night, so we were denied. We finally got our 350 point block though. 

2 hours ago, TYMAN said:

We never received a block for 140 because we weren't on a ship when we hit that number.

We definitely would have been on a ship when crossing over the 140 mark. I had messaged RCL yesterday but never heard back yet. I'll have to call C&A.

• Like 1

If the glass blocks are important to you and you know you are a crossing a 140 (+70) threshold you should stop by the LA desk and inquire about the block while on the ship.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, twangster said:

If the glass blocks are important to you and you know you are a crossing a 140 (+70) threshold you should stop by the LA desk and inquire about the block while on the ship.

Next time we cruise with RCL I'm definitely going to. A 12-day cruise would take us to 212 points (using a suite) so it should qualify. I should already have gotten one for hitting 140.